Cancelled cruise how long for refund?

sibs

We cancelled a cruise before final payment due to Covid protocols. We received a FCC for our deposit ,due to suite. But, I had put an additional $5000 down plus a photo package.  It has been over a month and no refund of those funds.  How long do I need to wait to get my money back? Not sure if I should contact credit card company or just keep waiting but for how long?

1 hour ago, sibs said:

How long do I need to wait to get my money back?

Call again, perhaps several times, to have them move things along. If within dispute allowance time, start that at day 45 after promised refund.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Three weeks ago I received my refund of deposit (500.00) for one leg (no idea which one) of cancelled Feb./March Rhapsody cruise RCI cancelled on us.   But not the second (or first?) leg.  

Typical. 😒

Do either of the cruises still show up as future cruises when you login to site?  The pattern I have noticed is it will disappear then I get my refund in a couple of days.  

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do either of the cruises still show up as future cruises when you login to site?  The pattern I have noticed is it will disappear then I get my refund in a couple of days.  

Previously, just after RCI cancelled them, they showed up as "Cancelled Voyages"...but they have both disappeared now.

Waiting for CS office to open to call them this morning.  Not just the other deposit amount, but FCC applied to both legs have gone "poof".    

Need to light a fire.  😉 

Edited by island lady

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Previously, just after RCI cancelled them, they showed up as "Cancelled Voyages"...but they have both disappeared now.

Waiting for CS office to open to call them this morning.  Not just the other deposit amount, but FCC applied to both legs have gone "poof".    

Need to light a fire.  😉 

Good luck when you call🤩

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck when you call🤩

Yeah, I have had to call on about half of my missing refunds and FCC.  99% of the reps were helpful and were able to get it fixed...then there was the one that was not....   Hope never to get her on the phone again.  😠

Over an hour on hold yesterday morning, (mostly while rep consulting with lame ass RCI accounting dept.),  final answer on my missing second leg refund..."was received but never processed".  So they put the request back in again, estimated to be another 45 days.  Sheezz...  

Then to the request as to whereabouts of my FCC amounts added to that cancelled B2B...."Oh..your husband's two FCC are showing up, and I will apply,.....but they misspelled your name and your part did not get processed".  

So...Ok...another 1/2 hour on hold for him to try to fix that, but couldn't.  Now that has to be resubmitted and will take another week.   

Later received confirmation of Bucky's one FCC for one cruise applied, but not the other.  Another call back to them, since I received his second one as "FCC available to use".   That rep applied the second FCC of Bucky's that first rep never did.  

OMG... I am starting to think there is a cash cow account with RCI for "wink wink...Ooops 🤨" mistakes.  I wonder how many pax never catch those "mistakes" RCI makes.  And why are they never in OUR favor?  😠

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, island lady said:

Three weeks ago I received my refund of deposit (500.00) for one leg (no idea which one) of cancelled Feb./March Rhapsody cruise RCI cancelled on us.   But not the second (or first?) leg.  

Typical. 😒

Do you or anyone else know if you can still use CWC on a cruise that you have used FCC to pay for? We had a cruise booked in Sept, 2020 but RC cancelled due to Covid. We L & S it to Sept. 21. But with the Delta variant, etc. we cancelled and are to receive FCC. If we book a  Jan., 2022 cruise before 10/31/21, can we still use CWC for this Jan. cruise?

Thank you for your help....it saves me waiting for hours on the phone with RC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Do you or anyone else know if you can still use CWC on a cruise that you have used FCC to pay for? We had a cruise booked in Sept, 2020 but RC cancelled due to Covid. We L & S it to Sept. 21. But with the Delta variant, etc. we cancelled and are to receive FCC. If we book a  Jan., 2022 cruise before 10/31/21, can we still use CWC for this Jan. cruise?

Thank you for your help....it saves me waiting for hours on the phone with RC. 

Sorry no.  RCI has cancelled 22 of the 23 cruises I had booked.  The one I cancelled was deposit down only, which I asked for (and received) refund.  

I am sure someone else might help you.