Rules on child getting off ship with someone besides parents

sharon&family

8 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

The way I understand it, all members of a group with a unvax guest must take a bubble tour regardless of if they are vax or not.  Someone will probly correct me if I am wrong

That's what I read on rcl, but not sure about carnival. Some couple planned on the grandparents doing the bubble tour with their child, rcl said no, all cabins tied to the unvaxxed child have to do bubble tours. They werent happy.

That was rcl, carnival might be more relaxed. Idk. That's a hard question.

• Like 1

Now I dont know what to book.  I guess I will have to call Carnival and ask and wait on hold for an hour or two.  I really wanted to book me and my husband something just by ourselves.  Can we do that and have our daughter stay on the ship with another family member?

48 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

Now I dont know what to book.  I guess I will have to call Carnival and ask and wait on hold for an hour or two.  I really wanted to book me and my husband something just by ourselves.  Can we do that and have our daughter stay on the ship with another family member?

or perhaps post the question to John Heald and see if he responds.

53 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

I really wanted to book me and my husband something just by ourselves.  Can we do that and have our daughter stay on the ship with another family member?

There is nothing in Carnival's published COVID protocols that says those traveling with an unvaccinated child can't book non-bubble tours for themselves. Hopefully, you can get official confirmation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sharon&family said:

I have heard that people have done this. I think carnival even states that you can book tours just for you all that aren't bubble tours as long as the guild is not getting off with you ( don't quote me on this).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sharon&family said:

I don't think so, I think becuse you are traveling with an unvax, you must take bubble tour as well, check with John Heald though

I found this on another post.  At least this proves that as long as you are vaccinated and don't take an  unvaccinated person with you, you are able to get off the ship. 

Posted by outdoors27

We sailed on the Horizon August 1st. In Amber Cover my wife took my 12 year old on a Bubble tour while I took my older daughter and her friend on another excursion. My wife and 12 year old had a great time. It was Monkeyland excursion I believe. I'm Not sure if it would have to be an immedaite family member who woukd have to accompany your 11 year old. 

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I found this on another post.  At least this proves that as long as you are vaccinated and don't take an  unvaccinated person with you, you are able to get off the ship. 

Posted by outdoors27

We sailed on the Horizon August 1st. In Amber Cover my wife took my 12 year old on a Bubble tour while I took my older daughter and her friend on another excursion. My wife and 12 year old had a great time. It was Monkeyland excursion I believe. I'm Not sure if it would have to be an immedaite family member who woukd have to accompany your 11 year old. 

The quoted post was from an August 1 cruise. 

Conditions and procedures may have changed since then.  You need to find out the current restrictions.

Elaine, I wish you'd go into more detail! Yes you are correct, but you don't explain why. What grumpy suggests is that 3rd party excursions are acceptable for unvaxxed children. THAT IS NOT CORRECT."

If someone wants an excursion and they are unvaxxed, then they are required to go on a "bubble excursion:, that is a Carnival sponsored tour. Nothing else is acceptable. 

Grumpy, please get your facts straight.

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, grumpyjr88 said:

I wrote it! The op needs bubble tour for daughter not for her and her husband. 

I get it, reading is hard for some people. Now please go away from me. 

You are saying that frequently. I think you should be more introspective. Galveston is a great place to spend a vacation, don't you agree?

On 9/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, sharon&family said:

We have an 11 year old who has to do a bubble tour.  Can she get off the ship with other family members doing a bubble tour?  That way me and my husband can do a regular tour in one of the ports.

I don't see why not. It's just like flying with your relatives. As long as they are booked on the tour and are accompianed by your relatives is anyone going to ask for a letter staying that you give permission for Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary to accompany them. Lots of Grandparents take their Grandchildren off the ship while Mom and Dad go to the Spa or on a mod appropriate Adult tour.

Im sure you could link their reservations so they know you are related or for Friends. I know that Parents of friends take custody for a few hours to give the other Parents. a break and vice versa.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Elaine, I wish you'd go into more detail! Yes you are correct, but you don't explain why. What grumpy suggests is that 3rd party excursions are acceptable for unvaxxed children. THAT IS NOT CORRECT."

If someone wants an excursion and they are unvaxxed, then they are required to go on a "bubble excursion:, that is a Carnival sponsored tour. Nothing else is acceptable. 

Agreed all Shore Excursion Operators MUST comply with all local regulations or else their Tour Operator License would be revoked. Please remember that Cruiselines will sometimes work with the exact same third party and by you booking with them  cut out the middleman.Some third parties will not let you book the tour like Rhythms Of The Night if they know you are on a cruise as the Port Day is a special tour for the Cruise and as it arrives just before sail away you are guarantee to make the ship. Right now it's stressful ad it is to.vett third party operators unless it's operates by a reputable company with a guarantee to return you back to the Ship.on time. Quite frankly the ship passes along the info behind the scenes who is vaccinated and who is on a Bubble Tour.

If you book alone they will ask you for the same information.. Personally during COVID I would stick to Cruise Ship.spinsorrd tours . I found the price to be very similar to third party tours. At the very least you are getting the guarantee of refunds if a Port is missed, you don't sail etc.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe817 said:

My statement was "bubble tours can not be third party"