Un vaccinated boy band

alexmom

Since there are no longer exemptions for anyone over 12 years old unless by medical authorization, you may want to reschedule.   While the January protocols have not yet been announced, I can't imagine they will be much different from the current ones - since the Covid numbers continue to climb.

I hope it all works out for you!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gtouch said:

You are traveling with 15,16 and 17 year old boys.........first off God Bless You I wouldn't have the energy.

LOL !!  I'm in a cabin with my DH !  The cabin with the boy band is being herded by my 26 year old DS !!  I'm a grumpy 68 year old that the oldest boys call Grandma Badass, which infuriated my daughter as a bonus!

I took their 2 younger siblings, who call me the Chocolate Grandma because I don't try to pass off organic fruit leathers as a treat, on trips for their birthdays - one to Odyssey Dells Waterpark for a week and one (a train fanatic) on the Amtrak Empire Builder to Seattle and back, with a stopover for the Spaceneedle and Chihuly Glass museum.  By the way, did you know that you can order a pizza delivered to the train when there's a station stop of 20-30 minutes??  So.  Much.  Fun.

So you see that the older boys were owed a trip from Grandma, and I still intend for them to have it.  I'm going to see if Carnival will transfer us from the Horizon in Jan '22 to the Magic Dec '22.

Somebody wish me luck !!! ; )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, alexmom said:

The grandsons will be 15, 16, and 17 at the time of cruising.  All are unvaccinated and show no signs of getting vaccinated.  

My 17 year old didn't want to get vaccinated. I told him if he wanted to get on the cruise ship,  he had to get vaccinated. He got vaccinated. 

See if that'll work. They'll have so much more fun if they are.  If they aren't, they and everyone in their group,  can only do bubble excursions.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MsSteffi said:

My 17 year old didn't want to get vaccinated. I told him if he wanted to get on the cruise ship,  he had to get vaccinated. He got vaccinated. 

See if that'll work. They'll have so much more fun if they are.  If they aren't, they and everyone in their group,  can only do bubble excursions.  

The bubble excursions are only for under 12. Remember that for East coast departures there are no exemptions for 12 and up.

So you are right it will be more fun. Because if they are not vaccinated they are not cruising. Which is no fun at all 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, Ellaleah said:

Tell the kids to get vaccinated.  It is their civic duty and they should not be privileged with a cruise to expose people.

Exactly!!  In addition, to be blunt, who in their right mind takes unvaccinated teens on a cruise currently??!  Not to mention, there is no way in hades Carnival is going to grant exemptions to 3 of that age.  Wth?!  Good grief.  

• Like 4

On 9/12/2021 at 9:34 AM, MsSteffi said:

If the kids are not vaccinated, they will not be cruising.  The 5% max unvaccinated is for kids under 12 that can't get the jab and the few adults that have a medical reason.  The teenagers have a choice and if they choose to not get the jab then they are also choosing to not going on a Carnival cruise.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If the kids are not vaccinated, they will not be cruising.  The 5% max unvaccinated is for kids under 12 that can't get the jab and the few adults that have a medical reason.  The teenagers have a choice and if they choose to not get the jab then they are also choosing to not going on a Carnival cruise.

You mean:

"they are also choosing to not going on ANY CRUISE LINE 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrMarc said:

By January I'm willing to bet everyone over 12 will have to be vaccinated, no exemptions except for documented medical reasons.

However the Carnival website already says that:

Requirements for cruise ships to enter ports outside the U.S. continue to evolve and Carnival Cruise Line must operate in full compliance with these regulations. Vaccine exemptions for cruises to the Caribbean will be limited to a very small number of children under 12, and teens and adults with a medical condition who can provide written confirmation from their medical provider that they cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Our sailings from Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Maryland will operate under these criteria until December 31, 2021 with the assumption that current and evolving restrictions imposed by destinations will remain in place.

Vaccine exemptions for ships departing from Long Beach, California will continue to be accepted for children under 12 and as required by U.S. federal law (in accommodation of medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs).

18 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

However the Carnival website already says that:

Requirements for cruise ships to enter ports outside the U.S. continue to evolve and Carnival Cruise Line must operate in full compliance with these regulations. Vaccine exemptions for cruises to the Caribbean will be limited to a very small number of children under 12, and teens and adults with a medical condition who can provide written confirmation from their medical provider that they cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Our sailings from Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Maryland will operate under these criteria until December 31, 2021 with the assumption that current and evolving restrictions imposed by destinations will remain in place.

Vaccine exemptions for ships departing from Long Beach, California will continue to be accepted for children under 12 and as required by U.S. federal law (in accommodation of medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs).

We are talking about a cruise in January.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I doubt there will be changes for January.

I think they are going to do 2-3 months at a time with their announcements.

Not to argue, but as things change, I think the protocols will change, regardless of the time frame.  We have seen that in the last 2 months.  If the 12 and under vaccine is approved in October as expected, I would bet that that requirement would be implicated in January or February based on it being a 2 shot series with appx. 28 days between doses.  That would give kids a reasonable amount of time to get vaccinated before it being a requirement.  But who knows.  I think a lot of changes may be driven by the ports requirements rather than the CDC or Courts for now.  I find it interesting that everything was an emergency in Court at first, but now, not so much. 

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Not to argue, but as things change, I think the protocols will change, regardless of the time frame.  We have seen that in the last 2 months.  If the 12 and under vaccine is approved in October as expected, I would bet that that requirement would be implicated in January or February based on it being a 2 shot series with appx. 28 days between doses.  That would give kids a reasonable amount of time to get vaccinated before it being a requirement.  But who knows.  I think a lot of changes may be driven by the ports requirements rather than the CDC or Courts for now.  I find it interesting that everything was an emergency in Court at first, but now, not so much. 

Got it. Yes. I think we're saying the same thing. Protocols are going to remain strict, or get stricter as things progress.

My original statement was to say that they aren't magically going to say cruises in January are unvaccinated for everyone.