Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

@FreestyleNovice are you motivated to open a thread for ship three? or do we wait for the Name?

here to see at 3:33 if i´m not wrong. be curios if NCL corrects error or make more? What destination the ship will be.

I thought we had a name - Aqua.  And I am going with Velva for the 4th ship 🙂  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

@FreestyleNovice are you motivated to open a thread for ship three? or do we wait for the Name?

here to see at 3:33 if i´m not wrong. be curios if NCL corrects error or make more? What destination the ship will be.

And this guy asked me what ship is being built next to the QA when he returned back home 🤣.

steamboats

• Haha 2

I did a little sleuthing and I noticed NCL refilled trademarks under a different IP subsidiary. Names resubmitted are Luna, Aqua, Bella, and Ultima:

https://uspto.report/company/Ncl-Us-Ip-Co-2-L-L-C

The original filing a couple years ago is here:

https://uspto.report/company/Ncl-Corp-L-T-D

Based on compare - Ombra, Vela and Aura are out as of right now.

• Thanks 1

Just want to have your thoughts about this change.

NCL announced a fleet wide adjustments to their solo cabins

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-fleetwide-expansion-of-its-solo-stateroom-category/?fbclid=IwAR0liCMGBFAoE4qzbmYiwacyRdzQPWeXjoED2YtdBcDEKH0s1EAFTg_O_JA

In addition to the current solo cabins, they are now offering bookings for Oceanview and Balcony solo cabins.

I was chatting with a travel agent and she mentioned that all what NCL does now is to use current double occupancy cabins and make them single occupancy.  No changes in the actual cabin.  This change include both Prima and Viva.  So it reduces the overall ship capacyty.  And regardless where your solo cabin will be located, your key card will give you access to the solo lounge (for ships that have one).

We will all agree that if you compare today's space available on the solo cabins to the space you will have on a Balcony cabin with single occupancy,  there is a huge difference.

I think that with the construction of the last 3 Prima class ships (it is probably too late to make changes for the Leonardo #3),  I wouldn't be surprised that they would come up with a redesigned section to build balcony cabins for solos that would be much smaller than the current balcony cabins,  They may do the same thing for OV cabins.  What's your opinion on that?

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, Beezo said:

I did a little sleuthing and I noticed NCL refilled trademarks under a different IP subsidiary. Names resubmitted are Luna, Aqua, Bella, and Ultima:

https://uspto.report/company/Ncl-Us-Ip-Co-2-L-L-C

The original filing a couple years ago is here:

https://uspto.report/company/Ncl-Corp-L-T-D

Based on compare - Ombra, Vela and Aura are out as of right now.

I am sure that the name ULTIMA will be used for the last ship #6

• Like 1

Just now, Beezo said:

Me too.... Just like Encore for the Breakaway-Class as the final/ending.

Overall, I don't prefer the naming conventions for the new class of ships.  I will say they are creative, but the combo of "Norwegian" + "Italian" naming for a US-based line is a bit off.

I do like Luna - I remember there were thoughts years ago when they were naming Sky, Sun, Star, Dawn - that Norwegian Moon was on the table.

But as I said, the names are more creative and differentiating.  Past names it looks like they never moved forward with as well: Norwegian Marvel, Norwegian Seahawk

On 10/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, bluesea777 said:

Somebody who is on the Dawn at the moment said at their Q&A (or M&M, I can’t remember) with Officers it was announced that the next Prima ship will be called Aqua and the 4th one Bella. 

If that's the case, then we may have solved it 🙂

1: Prima

2: Viva

3: Aqua

4: Bella

5: Luna

6: Ultima

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beezo said:

Overall, I don't prefer the naming conventions for the new class of ships.  I will say they are creative, but the combo of "Norwegian" + "Italian" naming for a US-based line is a bit off.

I do like Luna - I remember there were thoughts years ago when they were naming Sky, Sun, Star, Dawn - that Norwegian Moon was on the table.

But as I said, the names are more creative and differentiating.  Past names it looks like they never moved forward with as well: Norwegian Marvel, Norwegian Seahawk

If that's the case, then we may have solved it 🙂

1: Prima

2: Viva

3: Aqua

4: Bella

5: Luna

6: Ultima

The Norwegian Seahawk would have been perfect! It could have had the Seahawk logo on the bow. And Marshawn Lynch could have been the godfather. Oh, the possibilities! It would have been the best ship in the fleet.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

The Norwegian Seahawk would have been perfect! It could have had the Seahawk logo on the bow. And Marshawn Lynch could have been the godfather. Oh, the possibilities! It would have been the best ship in the fleet.

Hahahaha!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

For the next class of ships, they will begin with  NCL Del Rio  🙂

Thank you for sailing the beautiful Norwegian Frankie Boy! Hmmm....thank you for sailing the beautiful Norwegian Dirty Harry. I like Harry's more.

Also...can we all agree Norwegian uses the word "beautiful" far too often? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisewingman said:

Anyone ever have luck applying $X off next cruise to existing reservations before the final payment is due?

The T&C say new reservation but it seems pointless if final payment isn't due yet.

Not sure what $X is.  Cruise next yes I have applied, Cruise First is much more restrictive and requires a new reservation.  I would avoid the Cruise First.

oh no of all ports to miss, what a huge shame!!!! 

We were on the viva in August. Rome to Venice. Wonderful but extremely busy with no sea days and terribly hot weather especially in the first half of the trip. Hard to handle with children involved. 

The ship had all the WOW factor when we hopped onboard, how gorgeous. For me personally that does start to wear off half way through the trip! 

• 2 weeks later...

Since there isn't a new thread for Leo #3, tomorrow is the big day for Aqua.

NCL has hinted on that other site that 11/2 is the big day.

Aqua did show up this morning on the NCL site but has now been removed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1