Testing Protocols Onboard

BensonFan711

Those of you who have been lucky enough to sail…other than the test to get in the ship (vaxxed guests, within 2 days of sailing), was there any additional testing beyond that?

Some of my friends claim they test at every port, and another said there’s a test befor you disembark, but I haven’t seen any of that information on Royal’s website. So…those of you who have done it, what’s the deal?

Note: I don’t really need information on unvaccinated protocols; everyone in my group is vaccinated, and we’re sailing out of Florida. 

2 hours ago, BensonFan711 said:

Some of my friends claim they test at every port, and another said there’s a test befor you disembark, but I haven’t seen any of that information on Royal’s website. So…those of you who have done it, what’s the deal?

Possibly your friends were sailing on different cruise lines that have different protocols.    i.e. Viking Ocean sailings is doing a salvia covid test every day for every passenger on some of their ships.    

You only have to do the test before disembarkment day if flying out of the country and need test results to fly home.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Possibly your friends were sailing on different cruise lines that have different protocols.    i.e. Viking Ocean sailings is doing a salvia covid test every day for every passenger on some of their ships.    

You only have to do the test before disembarkment day if flying out of the country and need test results to fly home.  

No, these were friends who were all part of this same group sailing in October. They cancelled their bookings because of those rumors, so nope…they were talking about Royal (but I was pretty sure it was BS).

30 minutes ago, BensonFan711 said:

No, these were friends who were all part of this same group sailing in October. They cancelled their bookings because of those rumors, so nope…they were talking about Royal (but I was pretty sure it was BS).

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and can tell them all about the fun trip when you get home😀

B2B2B on Symphony ending 9/11, Miami sailing.  Tested at home before sailing and they checked that at the port.  Got free B2B testing twice onboard on the last day (actually early morning) of each cruise for the next.  No test to get off the third cruise.  Unvaccinated kids had to test on the final day before departure and if they hadn't taken their test they were stopped at the gangway on Coco Cay.   We had tested that morning for B2B and were not stopped.

Not sure of rationale for testing on Coco Cay morning.  Technically Bahamas requires either vaccination or test before entry.  Otherwise they could just run the tests when people get back from Coco Cay.  So testing was around 6-9am that day.  They do NOT notify you of negative results.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, BensonFan711 said:

So why would anyone make a decision based on "rumors" vs. what the cruise line sends you [a couple of times a week] regarding the protocols for your cruise. That makes zero sense.