Last minute cruise and shareholder OBC?

Heather1972

I booked a cruise this past Wednesday. We sail tomorrow (Sunday). I submitted shareholder info on Wednesday via email. I know that’s past the timeframe they would like to have it to process. Would I be able to have guest services followup on my request or is it a too bad, so sad situation? 

22 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

I booked a cruise this past Wednesday. We sail tomorrow (Sunday). I submitted shareholder info on Wednesday via email. I know that’s past the timeframe they would like to have it to process. Would I be able to have guest services followup on my request or is it a too bad, so sad situation? 

You can try. Bring all your proof onboard and explain. I think I remember reading a post where someone did successfully do this. I'm guessing that onboard they will not give you an immediate answer, but instead say they are referring it to corporate.

One piece of advice I would give is to try again if the first purser denies it outright. The second may give it a chance by referring it to corporate. Something similar happened to me with Princess when I wanted a voucher for a bottle of wine converted to onboard credit instead and told them truthfully that I was told this could be done when calling Princess. I was at first denied outright, but the second one followed through and we got the OBC.

5 hours ago, dgreeney said:

what is the email address?

I submitted my request to shareholders@carnival.com.  I received a response from guestadmin@carnival.com.  Remember to black out your account number on your shareholder statement and make sure your name is on the statement.  In the body of the email list the following:

Legal name:
Booking number: 
Ship: 
Sailing date: 
Good luck on getting your credit and have a great cruise!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post, but I thought i would share my experience in case it helps someone else!  We also booked very last minute.  I was able to find a phone number to speak with someone directly!  She added our onboard credit for us, and she was very wonderful to work with!

Call (800) 438 - 6744 ext 70450  after emailing a copy of your proof of stock ownership.  She was able to search for my email with my email address!! It only took about 10 minutes after waiting for a customer service rep for about 10 minutes. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Carolinagirl2417 said:

I know this is an older post, but I thought i would share my experience in case it helps someone else!  We also booked very last minute.  I was able to find a phone number to speak with someone directly!  She added our onboard credit for us, and she was very wonderful to work with!

Call (800) 438 - 6744 ext 70450  after emailing a copy of your proof of stock ownership.  She was able to search for my email with my email address!! It only took about 10 minutes after waiting for a customer service rep for about 10 minutes. 

Hope this helps!

You probably talked to the same girl I did a couple months ago - she also did mine while I was on the phone. And sent new invoices w/the OBC whole I was on the phone.

Very friendly!!

• Like 2