Dawn TA and Lisbon to Barcelona waitlisted

sloopjohnb

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thx.  No surprise.  I think folks here would be floored if they were to launch the Dawn from Fort Lauderdale, let alone Lisbon.

Good morning, where would the logical port be for them to launch her?  (I honestly don't have a clue.)  I am booked on that April 1st cruise and the following cruise too.

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, where would the logical port be for them to launch her?  (I honestly don't have a clue.)  I am booked on that April 1st cruise and the following cruise too.

Considering the two Muse class ships launched from Italy, I would assume either there or near the Monaco headquarters, especially since the Dawn is scheduled to spend the spring / summer in the Med.  Wildcard would be the U.K. as Peter Shanks, the Managing Director of the U.K. and Ireland, has lobbied hard for a ship launch from his territory at some point.

• Like 1

Ohhh...ok, thanks🙂..........since they have my money and my flights are booked through them, I will just fly to where ever we sail from😀 Italy, Monaco, both sound fine to me LOL......

I appreciate your help😀

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Now, don't forget it's merely my opinion and we all know the value of it; two-cents. 😀

LOL.....well, I just spoke with my rep and it is a fluid situation for sure. The ship will be ready long before the spring. If I had an icon for "up in the air", I would post it😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Why would they sail the ship empty to the US just to launch it ?  Doesn’t seem to make much sense, but then what does these days.

I agree with you on both counts.🙂 I don't believe they are going to send her across the pond empty.

Actually, I believe she will launch in Europe but as you say, many things don't make a lot of sense these days.

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Dawn inaugural season starts march 30th?

Hi Spins🙂, where did you see that? If so, it would be the April 1st cruise..

But I honestly don't think anyone knows when that first cruise will be launching.

Well, they may know in Monaco but they have not put out any kind of news about it.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins🙂, where did you see that? If so, it would be the April 1st cruise..

But I honestly don't think anyone knows when that first cruise will be launching.

Well, they may know in Monaco but they have not put out any kind of news about it.

Barbara Muckermann publicly stated the March 30th date today on Facebook, so it doesn’t seem it would be the April 1st voyage as you expect.  Port of embarkation was not provided.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Barbara Muckermann publicly stated the March 30th date today on Facebook, so it doesn’t seem it would be the April 1st voyage as you expect.  Port of embarkation was not provided.

I guess it is wait and see. I will be on a ship Friday😃 maybe I can find out more once I am on board.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, sloopjohnb said:

The Silver Dawn crossing from Fort Lauderdale on 18 March and the following cruise from Lisbon to Barça are both waitlisted

Well, when I looked this morning, it appears that the crossing has now been "un-waitlisted" and has Silver suites available to book. We considered booking it but, in the end, decided on Lisbon -Barcelona and Barcelona -Rome B2B. 

Is waitlisting a precursor to cancellation?

Is the first half of our B2B going to be cancelled?

Will it be replaced by some other cruise embarking on march 30th?

I feel like I don't need a travel agent so much as a soothsayer.

Johnny

4 hours ago, sloopjohnb said:

Well, when I looked this morning, it appears that the crossing has now been "un-waitlisted" and has Silver suites available to book. We considered booking it but, in the end, decided on Lisbon -Barcelona and Barcelona -Rome B2B. 

Is waitlisting a precursor to cancellation?

Is the first half of our B2B going to be cancelled?

Will it be replaced by some other cruise embarking on march 30th?

I feel like I don't need a travel agent so much as a soothsayer.

Johnny

Good morning, I am on those 2 cruises with you😃.........there are roll calls started for both sailings.  As to your questions, we all have them. But nobody on here has those answers right now. I do know what I was told by my rep and that is both cruises will be "A GO"....as in yes, they are sailing. I guess as time goes by we will see if that comes to fruition🙂

35 minutes ago, skleeb said:

Sorry, but what does 'waitlisted' mean?

In normal times, if you see "waitlisted" against one or more categories of suite for a particular cruise, it means that all suites in that category are booked. It is still possible to register an interest in case of cancellations, however, in which case, you are on a waitlist.

If all categories of suites on a cruise suddenly appear to be waitlisted at the same time, it can be interpreted as a precursor to the cruise being cancelled (the cruiseline doesn't want to accept any more bookings until there is a final decision) or, possibly, the ship might have been privately chartered for the period of that sailing.

We do live in interesting times though. Nowadays, it appears that it might mean a pause before changes to an  itinerary are publicised.

Johnny

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I am on those 2 cruises with you😃.........there are roll calls started for both sailings.  As to your questions, we all have them. But nobody on here has those answers right now. I do know what I was told by my rep and that is both cruises will be "A GO"....as in yes, they are sailing. I guess as time goes by we will see if that comes to fruition🙂

Lois, I admire your zen-like patience; and I look forward to meeting you!

Johnny

• 4 weeks later...

Hi , we are not experienced cruisers but are interested in the April 1 Dawn sailing for 7 nights from Lisbon. We did see one suite show available this weekend.  Alas we failed to book it and asked our travel agent to book it Monday, now it is gone!  Anyone know how this works?  When is final payment due? Hoping someone cancels so we can get a spot!  

8 minutes ago, wdjpvaz said:

Hi , we are not experienced cruisers but are interested in the April 1 Dawn sailing for 7 nights from Lisbon. We did see one suite show available this weekend.  Alas we failed to book it and asked our travel agent to book it Monday, now it is gone!  Anyone know how this works?  When is final payment due? Hoping someone cancels so we can get a spot!  

Hi, if I am not mistaken, final payment is due 120 days before sailing.  I am sure someone will correct me if that is the wrong number.

Equally someone may cancel/transfer their booking. We are booked and paid for on the Dawn April 27 cruise from Venice. I strongly suspect we will not be on it so our options are cancel (and suck for the admin fee) or transfer the booking to another cruise … without penalty. They have said FCC is an option but I won’t touch that.

Of the two I suspect it will be a cancellation.