World Cruises 2024 itinerary and available to book

BVILady

8 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

I’m booked on Regent’s 2024 WC.  It sold out in less than 3 hours.

That is why I am so anxious to see what is available to book. My problem is being single-occupancy the price will be a large issue for me.

6 hours ago, BVILady said:

That is why I am so anxious to see what is available to book. My problem is being single-occupancy the price will be a large issue for me.

Crystal had a nice single supplement in the past.  Plus has a single friendly ship and do a good world cruise.  Check them out.

Edited by NCCruzQueen
  • Like 1

Princess is open to book.  I have a cabin on hold.  Waiting for my cabin mate to decide if she wants to go or not.  The single supplement is 100%though.  The price includes drink package, wifi and gratuities.  

That is very unfortunate. I do like Princess but not to pay 100 %. How do they reach these supplements, we don't eat and drink for 2? Had checked Princess earlier, didn't see it listed but also had not signed in.

3 hours ago, BVILady said:

That is very unfortunate. I do like Princess but not to pay 100 %. How do they reach these supplements, we don't eat and drink for 2? Had checked Princess earlier, didn't see it listed but also had not signed in.

You also have to consider that the mainstream cruise lines make most of their money once you get aboard. When only 1 person is in a cabin, the profit from onboard spend is significantly less.

When only 1 person is in a cabin, they have savings on food and drinks, if included. However, you would be surprised at the low cost of both those items. Our son worked for Princess more recently than me and bottles of spirits cost the officers about US $4 and the cruise line was making profit at those prices. Most wines are probably only a few dollars per bottle and the cheap bubbly Princess give away used to be well under US $1 per bottle. The average food budget is also lower than most expect, I don't have current figures, but probably about $10/pp, or less.

Therefore, in many cases, the loss of profit from onboard spend in having only 1 pax in a cabin is greater than the savings in food/drink costs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The average food budget is also lower than most expect, I don't have current figures, but probably about $10/pp, or less.

I don't have current figures, either, but the per day cost for food/guest was surprisingly low when I first learned of the figure.  The length of the cruise, the type of cruise also influences the budgeted per day cost for food per guest.  

It would be very interesting to learn what the food costs/pp are for different lines such as Silverseas/Seabourn/Queen's Grill on Cunard as compared to HAL, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Britannia Restaurant on Cunard, etc.  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:32 PM, Hflors said:

Princess is open to book.  I have a cabin on hold.  Waiting for my cabin mate to decide if she wants to go or not.  The single supplement is 100%though.  The price includes drink package, wifi and gratuities.  

Are you able to book 2024 WC already?
We Downunder have to wait until the 15th (or 16th) to even SEE the 2024 itineraries - and today this turned up in the ‘book of faces’!
Real or Fake? 
“If” you are able to book ‘24 now, moving our ability to even see let alone book until December would be a crying shame for cruise starved Aussies.

F49E95D4-F110-4538-867B-30B8B637E9B8.jpeg

On 10/6/2021 at 8:07 AM, BVILady said:

Take a look at the HAL 2024 WC.  I like the itinerary and when I did a mock booking the single supplement was less than 100 percent.  Plus, a fully refundable deposit.  I finally booked on through and have the cabin I want.

• Like 2

Thanks SargassoPirate. I did see the itinerary, really liked it and priced the cruise. Costa had been kind of the same itinerary as 2022 and I did like that one also, for example going to South Korea, I haven't been yet and some of the Pacific Islands which I don't know. Will not make it to Tokyo or the Amazon, but as you said not everything is perfect. Have previously considered to do a land-trip to China, which includes the Yantzee River, so will look into that again for summer/fall 2023 or 2024. Switching my 2022 reservation to 2024 you sure can not beat the price and I went ahead. The cruise not being listed on their website yet I also did get the cabin I wanted, so pretty happy. Have been pricing and listing the extra's I need to book and the total will work out great for me. In comparison to other cruise-lines I priced I can do 2 (even 3) World cruises for my money - REALLY HAPPY 🙂

Enjoy Tokio and the Amazon for both of us. Can't wait to get on the plane and hear the magic words "This is your captain speaking"

11 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Are you able to book 2024 WC already?
We Downunder have to wait until the 15th (or 16th) to even SEE the 2024 itineraries - and today this turned up in the ‘book of faces’!
Real or Fake? 
“If” you are able to book ‘24 now, moving our ability to even see let alone book until December would be a crying shame for cruise starved Aussies.

F49E95D4-F110-4538-867B-30B8B637E9B8.jpeg

I actually turned my hold into a booking today.  My sister and I are now on our way!!!  I hope you will be able to book soon...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hflors said:

I actually turned my hold into a booking today.  My sister and I are now on our way!!!  I hope you will be able to book soon...

Hi Hflors, just to clarify, are you booked on 2024 Princess World Cruise leaving from Australia in May/June 2024? or is it departing from USA in Jan 2024...or something different again..Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:55 AM, stevedonna said:

Hi Hflors, just to clarify, are you booked on 2024 Princess World Cruise leaving from Australia in May/June 2024? or is it departing from USA in Jan 2024...or something different again..Thank you 🙂

Leaving from ft lauderdale in jan. 24

5 hours ago, Hflors said:

Leaving from ft lauderdale in jan. 24

Ok - we are talking about the WC leaving Sydney in June/July ‘24.

Still, it’s interesting that you have been able to book anything in 2024? You are probably anything up to 6 months in front of us in Aus, as we don’t usually see new season releases before March each year.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, stevedonna said:

Steve, it was the Jan 24 WC 🙄

Never mind, we are getting used to cruise news disappointment 🥲

17 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

Can’t open the link - perhaps because I’m  in Australia 🤔 

Maybe you can call them on skype and they can e-mail the itinerary for you 866-562-7625. It seems it will only be on their website by December 1st, then you might be able to see it changing your country on the top of the page to USA. They don't have any single-price listed yet, but the non-refundable makes it a non-issue for me anyhow.

18 hours ago, BVILady said:

Maybe you can call them on skype and they can e-mail the itinerary for you 866-562-7625. It seems it will only be on their website by December 1st, then you might be able to see it changing your country on the top of the page to USA. They don't have any single-price listed yet, but the non-refundable makes it a non-issue for me anyhow.

Thankyou - I will give this a go.