Blu Restaurant

MLP12

1 minute ago, Keys Kathy said:

They immediately offered to replace it with many apologies.

So it sounds as though you book Aqua for the room and not Blu?  Perfectly fine, many other venues to choose from on board.

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I just browsed the posted menus again to confirm my memory from yesterday's perusal -- there is at least one and occasionally two green salads listed every night except one.

🤷‍♀️

I think of a green salad as lettuce, tomato, cukes, and onion with some nice Thousand Island dressing. No mangos or goat cheese, blue cheese etc.

4 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I think of a green salad as lettuce, tomato, cukes, and onion with some nice Thousand Island dressing. No mangos or goat cheese, blue cheese etc.

just let them now that you don't want mangos, goat/blue cheese etc, my guess is you will be accommodated.

We stayed in Aqua after they converted the Millie. We were on the cruise when the Panama Canal hit the ship or vis versa.

We tried it again on the Reflection and still wasn't impressed. There is too much good food in the world to worry about what we don't like.

22 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Usually when I order something in a restaurant, I tell them what I don't like or am allergic to.  Most places will take care of me.

But as you said, why worry about food you don't like.  I hope you have a better experience in one of the other restaurants.

43 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

But saying that there is no green salad available is clearly not the same thing as saying that you didn't like what was offered. 

Just trying not to mislead others into thinking that there were not any "green salads" on offer.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

But saying that there is no green salad available is clearly not the same thing as saying that you didn't like what was offered. 

Just trying not to mislead others into thinking that there were not any "green salads" on offer.

Well, you have certainly put me in my place! 

Wiki states:

A green salad, or green leaf salad, another name for garden salad, is most often composed of leafy vegetables such as lettuce varieties, spinach, or rocket (arugula). If non-greens make up a large portion of the salad it may instead be called a vegetable salad.

2 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Wiki states:

A green salad, or green leaf salad, another name for garden salad, is most often composed of leafy vegetables such as lettuce varieties, spinach, or rocket (arugula). If non-greens make up a large portion of the salad it may instead be called a vegetable salad.

I don't think anyone is trying to put you in your place.  Simply trying to point out if you communicate with the staff on your likes and dislikes, they will always do their very best to accommodate you, no matter what restaurant you eat at.  They are also very attentive and will remember what you prefer.

17 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Wiki states:

Is it still a green salad if it has other ingredients?  Tomatoes are red.  Cucumbers are green and white.  Carrots are orange.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Wiki states:

Some folks seem overly sensitive. 

I read your initial comment and I was concerned. Concerned because I like a "green salad" almost every night as an appetizer. Concerned enough to go back and review the menus, because I had been toying with the idea of doing Aqua class, but a lack of salads on offer would not make me happy.

I was just trying to ward off similar concerns of others.

(And by your Wiki definition, most of those listed would still be green salads -- the "green" being arugula, or spinach, or endive or a couple of other lettuces. I'd be very surprised if those "greens" don't comprise most of the salad....)

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Some folks seem overly sensitive. 

I read your initial comment and I was concerned. Concerned because I like a "green salad" almost every night as an appetizer. Concerned enough to go back and review the menus, because I had been toying with the idea of doing Aqua class, but a lack of salads on offer would not make me happy.

I was just trying to ward off similar concerns of others.

(And by your Wiki definition, most of those listed would still be green salads -- the "green" being arugula, or spinach, or endive or a couple of other lettuces. I'd be very surprised if those "greens" don't comprise most of the salad....)

Not overly sensitive just bad comedians.  We're just pointing out that Blu is not for everyone. 

• Like 1

Never had a problem getting a salad in Blu with pretty much any dressing I like. Also 

, laughed about the foo foo food comment. I’m a meat and potatoes person as well as wife and neither one of us have ever had a problem. Maybe the person who wrote that didn’t know about the everyday items.

3 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

The only salad I saw was Kale Cesar Salad which  I cant stand. I guess I could have asked for a traditional one from the main dining room. What-salad is under always available? I didnt see it. 

thanks

I am reasonably certain if you told them exactly what you wanted in your salad, they'd prepare it for you.

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

So it sounds as though you book Aqua for the room and not Blu?  Perfectly fine, many other venues to choose from on board.

Celebrity has for years had their own salad and Signature dressing in the MDR. It is one of the items you can also get in Blu.

39 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity has for years had their own salad and Signature dressing in the MDR. It is one of the items you can also get in Blu.

but can't one say that I do not want, x, y or z on my salad, no dressing please provide on the side?

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

but can't one say that I do not want, x, y or z on my salad, no dressing please provide on the side?

You can ask for your meal to be made however you want it. We pretty much always ask for additional salad or vegetable items etc in Blu or Luminae. Or ask them to omit an item. There's never been an issue. 

Remember your servers are there to give you the best experience they can. In short, don't be shy, tell them what you want and how you like it. :) 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TwoGee said:

On our cruise last week if we didn't see anything exciting we were provided a MDR menu and chose from that. Very accommodating. 

what ship?  makes a difference