Blu Restaurant

MLP12

22 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

This is so subjective.  I am not a fan of Blu. 

We were last in Blu on the Edge two years ago, pre-Covid.   I liked the size of Blu, but not the furnishings.  Too darn many pillows on the chairs, uncomfortable arm chairs that would have been better for lounging than dining.  I want to sit up at the table and be close to the table.  In restaurants, I normally decline booths, because I want to be able to pull my chair up to the table. 

The menu at Blu was too foo-foo for me.  And too "healthy" -- asparagus and broccoli and eggplant and other unattractive stuff.  If the veggies were just side dishes, the staff would have ben happy to just not put them on my plate,  but far too often they were ingredients integral to and already in the main dish.

I keep hearing people rave about the breakfasts.  I prefer the buffet to spending 90 minutes dawdling over a meal, waiting impatiently for my food to be brought to me.  This was especially true on port days -- who wants to sit in the dining room when I could be exploring a port? 

I don't mean to be rude but Blu isn't targeted to people like you.  All your complaints are things that I like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

We were last in Blu on the Edge two years ago, pre-Covid.   I liked the size of Blu, but not the furnishings.  Too darn many pillows on the chairs, uncomfortable arm chairs that would have been better for lounging than dining.  I want to sit up at the table and be close to the table.  In restaurants, I normally decline booths, because I want to be able to pull my chair up to the table. 

The menu at Blu was too foo-foo for me.  And too "healthy" -- asparagus and broccoli and eggplant and other unattractive stuff.  If the veggies were just side dishes, the staff would have ben happy to just not put them on my plate,  but far too often they were ingredients integral to and already in the main dish.

I keep hearing people rave about the breakfasts.  I prefer the buffet to spending 90 minutes dawdling over a meal, waiting impatiently for my food to be brought to me.  This was especially true on port days -- who wants to sit in the dining room when I could be exploring a port? 

Well, we all definitely have individualized food preferences, to be sure...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don't mean to be rude but Blu isn't targeted to people like you.  All your complaints are things that I like.

I am glad for you that you enjoy your veggies, supposedly they are a healthier choice.  But chocolate is my favorite veggie!  I also like potato chips and Fritos, which are respectively potato and corn,  with vegetable oil and loads of minerals (salt).

None of us have any idea of what the OP's tastes and preferences are, and I just want the OP to realize that it is up to him/her/them to figure out as best he/she/they can if Blu is for him/her/them.    

On the Edge, I think I ate in Blu for two dinners and two breakfasts total (7 night cruise).  I much preferred experiencing the four  wonderful Main Dining Rooms that were available, and I love the buffet.  I typically eat at a Las Vegas buffet for dinner at least twice a month by choice.

To each his/her/their own!  Part of the joys of cruising!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Yet, you could send it back to have the food prepared to your taste...

bon appetit and bon voyage

It has nothing to do with my taste.  It is an illustration of me recommencing something that I thought was fantastic.   The poster asking could order it on their cruise and it could have been made and prepared different and therefore not be the same.

How would they know what it was like when I had it?  

I have never asked for anything on board a ship in any restaurants to be made or be remade to suit my taste.  If I don’t like it I will leave it and order something different or not at all.   I have never starved or not had enough to eat. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, miched said:

It has nothing to do with my taste.  It is an illustration of me recommencing something that I thought was fantastic.   The poster asking could order it on their cruise and it could have been made and prepared different and therefore not be the same.

How would they know what it was like when I had it?  

I have never asked for anything on board a ship in any restaurants to be made or be remade to suit my taste.  If I don’t like it I will leave it and order something different or not at all.   I have never starved or not had enough to eat. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There is absolutely nothing wrong in giving feedback.  It's how they improve performance.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

we This is so subjective.  I am not a fan of Blu. 

Doesn’t sound like the Blu I ate in on Edge.  Where were the darn too many pillows?

Edited by Oville

19 minutes ago, Oville said:

0B90B0CE-893F-4E9F-B5FA-C8EC0A1B6590.jpeg

I am pretty sure they spent lots of money on design and the designer itself to make such a beauty. It looks gorgeous and very expensive. I wonder how much these custom blue chairs cost 

18 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

This is your own subjective opinion as you say based upon your likes and needs.   And ultimately your choice about where to dine.  You are paying for the cruise.  It is nice that cruise ships like EDGE have multiple dining choices - both venues and meals- for everybody.  Folks who pay for certain cabin categories and dining (Aqua/Blu and Suite/Luminae) sometimes feel they should use these choices to get value for what they paid for.  But if you find out you are not enjoying these choices, then you can use Specialty dining, the MDR, The Oceanview, or room service.  Lot's of choices.  There have been numerous posts here on CC from people who don't enjoy Luminae or find it limited.  Same with Blu.  Nobody should care really.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

This is your own subjective opinion as you say based upon your likes and needs.   And ultimately your choice about where to dine.  You are paying for the cruise.  It is nice that cruise ships like EDGE have multiple dining choices - both venues and meals- for everybody.  Folks who pay for certain cabin categories and dining (Aqua/Blu and Suite/Luminae) sometimes feel they should use these choices to get value for what they paid for.  But if you find out you are not enjoying these choices, then you can use Specialty dining, the MDR, The Oceanview, or room service.  Lot's of choices.  There have been numerous posts here on CC from people who don't enjoy Luminae or find it limited.  Same with Blu.  Nobody should care really.

I think the pushback on Mike45LC's comments is that his complaints about Aquaclass are at the heart of what Aquaclass is supposed to be. It would be akin to complaining that one doesn't like  saunas because it's too hot inside. 

Why one would purposely choose an Aquaclass cabin when none of the features and benefits appeal to them and then complain about them is beyond me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think the pushback on Mike45LC's comments is that his complaints about Aquaclass are at the heart of what Aquaclass is supposed to be. It would be akin to complaining that one doesn't like  saunas because it's too hot inside. 

Why one would purposely choose an Aquaclass cabin when none of the features and benefits appeal to them and then complain about them is beyond me. 

Because it is CC 😂

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Blu seems pretty popular so I hope they don't change it.  Maybe people should come here and ask questions before they book.

Thanks KurtMo for posting the Blu menus. Items are refreshingly different & interesting. We've enjoyed it in the past & look forward to Blu again on our upcoming cruise in December. 

to each his own.  AQ (and Blu) would be the lowest class that we would travel on X. The food is excellent, the room small and less frenetic than the average MDR.

If you are a meat and potatoes kind of eater than it is not for you.  I think the Classic items are there just to appease any traveling partner issues

I love Blu . My husband is more meat and potato, but because Blu is much quieter he loves it as well. MDR does not pair well wit his hearing aides!  Nothing relaxing about clanging dishes everywhere. 

I do not recall the pillows which were mentioned by another poster. I a sure we have never seen them. We very much enjoy the breakfast menu but for an early port day will eat at the buffet. 

6 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

You can't get a green salad.

I just browsed the posted menus again to confirm my memory from yesterday's perusal -- there is at least one and occasionally two green salads listed every night except one.

🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

The menu is too limited. We are not fans of frozen fish and one night DH had fish whose center was still frozen. 

You can't get a green salad.

Ok so what happened when you complained about the fish?