Bring wine on b2b cruses

noppy

We are going on B2B cruises in Feb. for the first time. We usually bring two bottles of wine. What do we do for the b2b? Can we bring 4 bottles of wine? Two for each week.

Thank you for help. As always   Keep Cruising!!!!

Yes.  

I inquired with Royal about this a few years ago.  They stated that you can bring 4 in carry on, 2 will be held for the 2nd cruise, 2 will go with you.  Must be in carry on.

In practice I had 2 bottles in a roller carry on and 2 in my backpack to distribute the weight.  Security never said anything.  I had all 4 with me for the 1st and 2nd cruises. 

They must have assumed the two bags belong to different people.  

Good to know. Doing my first b2b soon. I have to think that b2b's are getting more popular as they test you onboard after the first leg and you don't worry about testing for another cruise a day or a few weeks later.

3 hours ago, noppy said:

We are going on B2B cruises in Feb. for the first time. We usually bring two bottles of wine. What do we do for the b2b? Can we bring 4 bottles of wine? Two for each week.

Thank you for help. As always   Keep Cruising!!!!

My experiences, yes. I've taken four 750 ml bottles in my backpack for our B2Bs with no questions. I always print the second leg Setsail pass just in case I need it for proof. I've also carried on two 1.5 L bottles of wine for B2B cruises. If two of the four bottles are taken from you, they will be marked and delivered  to your cabin the evening prior to the second leg. I have no experience with this, just what I've read on CC. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

If you buy liquor (either in the ship's store or in port) and they hold it, they'll deliver it to the room the last evening of the first leg... and then you'll have it available to you for subsequent cruises.  

I'm not a drinker, so I've never bothered with this, but I know others who have done it.

To lighten my sister's carry on load, DH took one of her backpacks (which had her two bottles in it), putting it through security with our own 2 bottles in his bag.  Really didn't even think about it...which went right through.  

If it is a "drive to" port...we have actually started to leave two bottles of wine, a 12 pack of water (split in two bags) and some extra clothes in the vehicle.  Drop off some dirty clothes, pick up the fresh pack, water, and wine...and bring on during turn around day.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

To lighten my sister's carry on load, DH took one of her backpacks (which had her two bottles in it), putting it through security with our own 2 bottles in his bag.  Really didn't even think about it...which went right through.  

If it is a "drive to" port...we have actually started to leave two bottles of wine, a 12 pack of water (split in two bags) and some extra clothes in the vehicle.  Drop off some dirty clothes, pick up the fresh pack, water, and wine...and bring on during turn around day.  😉

did you do this using a "Transit Pass" to get back on board?

On 10/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, twangster said:

Yes.  

I inquired with Royal about this a few years ago.  They stated that you can bring 4 in carry on, 2 will be held for the 2nd cruise, 2 will go with you.  Must be in carry on.

In practice I had 2 bottles in a roller carry on and 2 in my backpack to distribute the weight.  Security never said anything.  I had all 4 with me for the 1st and 2nd cruises. 

They must have assumed the two bags belong to different people.  

Our experience as well. Except for San Juan, of all places. They asked to see the Sea Pass for the second week. As I am OCD, of course I had it. No issues after that.