No World Series on Carnival :(

CarolSW

This is just a heads’ up to baseball fans, especially those from Houston sailing out of Galveston next week.

I am on the Carnival Breeze right now, and there was no shipboard broadcast of the Astros/Red Sox game tonight.  
It was disappointing because there are many Astros fans on board since the port is 1 hour from Houston.

AND Carnival DID show the Brave/Dodgers game last night on TVs in the bars, but that NLCS series is on ESPN, while the ALCS was on FOX.

Now the Astros have clinched to win the trip to the World Series starting on Tuesday Oct. 26, and FOX will be the network hosting.

Unfortunately, my understanding from the Guest Relations desk is that Carnival does NOT have a contract with Fox, so baseball fans, especially Astros fans, sailing next week will be out of luck to watch the World Series.  😞

What we did instead tonight was to use one of our internet plans to stream the first hour of the game free from Fox.com, but then Fox asks you to sign in with your TV provider.  That wasn’t possible because streaming services are not allowed with the top level internet plan we had.  So we switched to MLB.com, and one device had the radio broadcast, while the other device (with a separate internet plan) had the Gameday visual.  At least we were able to keep up with the game.  

I just wanted to let next week’s baseball fan passengers know ahead of time so you wouldn’t t be caught off guard! 

The NLCS is on TBS, so was the Dodger/Giant Division series. They have a free app that works well and allows mirroring onto your tv and doesn’t require a login to your cable provider. We were camping last week and were able to live stream all the games. Congrats to the Astros, hope to see you in the world Series again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I watched the Dodgers and astros play in the world series. They showed it in the rooms and the final game they were able to pmay it on the lido deck.

I guess people could stay at home if they really want to be sure to watch the game on their tv.

• Like 2

It looks like FOX has hosted the WS for the last 20+ years.

And perhaps Carnival had a contract with FOX back in ‘17, but they don’t right now.

UNLESS maybe they make a special agreement just for the WS?  
That would be great for their Houston fans sailing out of Galveston next week. 

Of course, would be hard to schedule your cruises around the POSSIBILITY of your team going to the playoffs and the WS.  I am just a tad superstitious, and that would have put a jinx on the whole thing LOL. 

AND we are having a FABULOUS first cruise back since the pandemic because….we are on a CRUISE and that beats land ANY DAY!!  

I am so glad to hear the World Series is being shown on Carnival ships!  I was disappointed not to be able to access the American League Championship Series during our Oct. 21-25 cruise on Breeze, but sounds like they solved that issue for the WS!  Great!  Good job Carnival!!