We had our Dec cruise canceled!

53 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

We paid the cruise with Air2Sea off Sept. 3, so come Mon, hopefully we can get it resolved. We may not get the original ocean view cabin but there seems to be a lot open. We just have to stay positive!!! 

If you are so concerned, I would still call RCL customer service even though you used a T.A.  Either you are going to get an answer or they will refer you to your TA.  Nothing to lose other than a tele call.

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If you are so concerned, I would still call RCL customer service even though you used a T.A.  Either you are going to get an answer or they will refer you to your TA.  Nothing to lose other than a tele call.

OP already did so and was referred to TA (post #1).

5 hours ago, Cruiser1862 said:

My TA is always available by email and has an emergency contact. She lets everyone know if she’ll be unavailable and who to contact in her absence. 

I tried to edit this (can’t we edit our own responses)?

i wanted to add that I’m sure it’ll all work out, although I know it’s extremely frustrating when you’re going through it. 

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Would u like to give me your [cancelled] cabin #, may be I can see if it's still available for booking.

I was going to suggest that they check to see if the cabin was available and rebook it until Monday when the TA is available.

We had our cabin for December changed by Royal (for spacing).  When that happened, it triggered a pricing update that stripped the protected L&S to the original price when we booked (shifted).  We had paid in full in September, even though not required. 

We did get an email reminder before the new final pay date that gave us a shock!  We were able to get it corrected with one call and a couple of days but it was a bit concerning momentarily. 

We are booked directly so we got the email ourselves. This makes me wonder if there was a missed reminder since it was thought to be already paid.

1 hour ago, JAlovestotravel said:

We had our cabin for December changed by Royal (for spacing).  When that happened, it triggered a pricing update that stripped the protected L&S to the original price when we booked (shifted).  We had paid in full in September, even though not required. 

We did get an email reminder before the new final pay date that gave us a shock!  We were able to get it corrected with one call and a couple of days but it was a bit concerning momentarily. 

We are booked directly so we got the email ourselves. This makes me wonder if there was a missed reminder since it was thought to be already paid.

the same happened to me, but RCI never changed the cabin or anything. When they moved the new final payment date to 30 days out instead of 90, something went wrong and all of a sudden I had a balance left. I made the final payment back in August for our November cruise. I had to get it resolved by involving RCI.

9 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

What a relief, our travel agent resolved the cancellation  and we're a go for Dec 5 on the Allure!!! Happy Days!! Thanks for all the words of encouragement and helpful thoughts!!! 😃

Did you receive an explanation as to what caused the cancellation?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

What a relief, our travel agent resolved the cancellation  and we're a go for Dec 5 on the Allure!!! Happy Days!! Thanks for all the words of encouragement and helpful thoughts!!! 😃

Did the TA say what the issue was?

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Did you receive an explanation as to what caused the cancellation?

First  they told me it was my travel agency, when my travel agent called, she was told it was a guest that canceled? Well neither was true, so we're going with a glitch!