Carnival Legend is hanging out offshore at NC/SC border

angela12345

We're at the beach and noticed a large ship offshore.  You can see the whale tail by eye, and can see the whale tail really great plus more details with the binoculars (sadly not great binoculars so not many details).  I didn't notice it on Friday, but Saturday (yesterday) morning it was there, and its still there now.  I was on a mission to figure out what ship it was, the new paint scheme was throwing me off but I could tell it looked like one of the ships in her family.  Couldn't figure out why it would just be hanging out there, but I think it's in transit from Miami to Baltimore and not due for a couple days.  Mystery solved ! 

delete3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  Yep, I finally figured out what ship it was and what I thought it was probably doing out there.  It is highly unusual to see ships come that close in, and also hanging out there for so long.  I was certain they had come to pick me up.  🤣 🤣 🤣
They headed out in the wee hours of the morning.  Here she is heading out . . .

delete3.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sailingships said:

The Legend should have been nearing the end of a TA right now, due to arrive in Baltimore on Nov 14. We were booked on her this year and last year. 

For those who want to greet her, she's due in Baltimore tomorrow, the 9th,  even though her first sailing out of Baltimore is on the 14th.