Can Canadian with mix vaccine cruise

Muise

18 minutes ago, CalgaryMac said:

My partner has mixed vaccines (AZ and Pfizer). He got a second dose of Pfizer.

In Nova Scotia we can only get a second shot after 6 months and that’s no guarantee yet

Unfortunately, Disney does not consider an AstraZeneca - Pfizer to be fully vaccinated according to its website:

• Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g., AstraZeneca) and one single dose of an mRNA vaccine (e.g., Pfizer, Moderna) are not considered fully vaccinated.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/embarkation-day-us/

However, as the CDC now accepts this mix, and Disney says that it is following the CDC guidelines on what is considered fully vaccinated, it is possible that the webpage is outdated and does not reflect today's policy. You really should call Disney or your TA for an up to date ruling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Have a look at this article and see if it answers your question.

https://cruiseradio.net/cruising-and-mixed-vaccines-what-does-each-cruise-line-accept/

It would be a good idea to look at the cruise line’s web site or phone them. The link says that Royal Caribbean accepts mixed vaccines but excludes Astra-Zeneca as part of the mix…..yet, their website says that they do accept mixed vaccines including a mix of Astra-Zeneca with another vaccine type such as Pfizer or Moderna.  

I’m surprised that, according to the information in the link that neither MSC nor Oceania accept mixed vaccines.  I didn’t go to their websites to verify.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

It would be a good idea to look at the cruise line’s web site or phone them. The link says that Royal Caribbean accepts mixed vaccines but excludes Astra-Zeneca as part of the mix…..yet, their website says that they do accept mixed vaccines including a mix of Astra-Zeneca with another vaccine type such as Pfizer or Moderna.  

I’m surprised that, according to the information in the link that neither MSC nor Oceania accept mixed vaccines.  I didn’t go to their websites to verify.

THe information in the link for MSC is incorrect. See https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises#faq

"VACCINATION GUIDELINES-

Who is defined as fully vaccinated? What vaccines do you accept?G

Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if they have received their final dose at least 14 days prior to embarkation with a WHO approved vaccine (including Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Oxford/Astrazeneca, Covidshield, Sinopharm, Sinovac and Coronavac). Mixed vaccines are now accepted.  If you are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding."

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

THe information in the link for MSC is incorrect. See https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises#faq

"VACCINATION GUIDELINES-

Who is defined as fully vaccinated? What vaccines do you accept?G

Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if they have received their final dose at least 14 days prior to embarkation with a WHO approved vaccine (including Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Oxford/Astrazeneca, Covidshield, Sinopharm, Sinovac and Coronavac). Mixed vaccines are now accepted.  If you are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding."

It’s good to know that the cruise lines are updating their vaccination requirements on their sites.   I haven’t been on MSC, but have tried Oceania. I must go look at their requirements.  It would be so nice if this is something we won’t have to consider in the near future. 

While the intent of the article is good, and it was published less than a week ago, it is based on information that in some cases is sadly out of date. It's a shame that the author didn't follow her own advice before submitting the article:

Note: These vaccine protocols are subject to change at any time. Check with your cruise line for the latest up-to-date guidance.

• Thanks 1

I tried understanding Oceania’s vaccine protocols and I think  if one leaves and/or returns from/to a US port, mixed vaccines using only Moderna and Pfizer are allowed.    Mixed vaccines, including Astra-Zeneca, are allowed on non-US port departures, and I presume to a non-US port arrival.  

Oceania will pay for the Antigen test to board the ship, and pay for the PCR test if needed to get home.

Of course, always double-check with the cruise line beforehand….the protocols are changing regularly, it seems.

• Like 1

Norwegian out of the states will not accept an AstraZeneca mix, but they will out of Europe. Or at least, that was the case when I was looking at trips. I think each cruise line has its own set of rules right now, so it’s best if you check with who you are sailing with.

2 hours ago, Cookie002 said:

Norwegian out of the states will not accept an AstraZeneca mix, but they will out of Europe. Or at least, that was the case when I was looking at trips. I think each cruise line has its own set of rules right now, so it’s best if you check with who you are sailing with.

NCL did update their policy to accept mixed AZ plus Pfizer or Miderna, same as Carnival, RCL, princess, celebrity and HAL. I am not sure about MSC or the other higher end lines. Disney has not updated to accept it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=united-states

Mixed Vaccines
For Barbados itineraries, we will accept a mixed mRNA vaccination series consisting of one dose of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna, as long as the doses were administered at least 28 days apart. Mixed vaccine regimens of brands other than Pfizer and Moderna are not permitted for this itinerary.

Looks like no mixing of vaccines on Royal out of Barbados.

28 minutes ago, Magicat said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=united-states

Mixed Vaccines
For Barbados itineraries, we will accept a mixed mRNA vaccination series consisting of one dose of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna, as long as the doses were administered at least 28 days apart. Mixed vaccine regimens of brands other than Pfizer and Moderna are not permitted for this itinerary.

Looks like no mixing of vaccines on Royal out of Barbados.

RCI continues to limit mixing to Pfizer and Moderna, in spite of the fact that Barbados now accepts mixes of any of their approved vaccines: