Siri set an alarm for 3 am đŸ˜”â€đŸ’«

Josie201

Josie201 and crew are on our way. 
we left Ottawa very early this morning and are now in Toronto on the plane waiting to depart for FLL. 

We are all fully vaccinated though with some mixed doses.  But thankfully that all got sorted out. 

We all got tested on Friday, some at Walmart and some at Costco.  It was painless but appointments were scarce.  I had three back ups in case there were any cancellations.  

We have e docs and paper docs for vaccines and tests.  Paper docs were reviewed in Ottawa and then again as we boarded in Toronto.  

We have tests at a clinic on Wednesday in FLL and we board the Celebrity Silhouette on Friday.  

Our last trip together was a cruise in March 2020 where our ship got turned around on day 3.  We had a stressful return to home where we’ve anxiously waited to use our FCC.  We were originally booked on the Edge for this week but that was cancelled when the CDC said no cruises longer than seven days. We moved to the Silhouette and crossed our fingers.  

Hard to believe it’s here!   

I’ll try to report back in later on FLL testing and ship board life.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Hello. We are scheduled to board the Silhouette on Dec. 3rd for an 11 night cruise. Are returning to Canada after your cruise? We are trying to find out how Celebrity will be handling PCR test for the return to Canada. There seems to be a lot of confusion. (*see 

Celebrity is still indicating that the test will be provided onboard before the debarkation. However, many people are now saying that it will be done after you get off. If possible could you please let us know how they are proceeding for Canadians on your cruise.
Thank you.

Have fun Joanne,  Doug and family.  Have a safe and fun trip. Will be eager to learn what you did s we are cruising in April, hoping a lot of these tests will not be required by then.  Smooth seas and following winds..

Diane and Gloria

On 11/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, Josie201 said:

Josie201 and crew are on our way. 
we left Ottawa very early this morning and are now in Toronto on the plane waiting to depart for FLL. 

We are all fully vaccinated though with some mixed doses.  But thankfully that all got sorted out. 

We all got tested on Friday, some at Walmart and some at Costco.  It was painless but appointments were scarce.  I had three back ups in case there were any cancellations.  

We have e docs and paper docs for vaccines and tests.  Paper docs were reviewed in Ottawa and then again as we boarded in Toronto.  

We have tests at a clinic on Wednesday in FLL and we board the Celebrity Silhouette on Friday.  

Our last trip together was a cruise in March 2020 where our ship got turned around on day 3.  We had a stressful return to home where we’ve anxiously waited to use our FCC.  We were originally booked on the Edge for this week but that was cancelled when the CDC said no cruises longer than seven days. We moved to the Silhouette and crossed our fingers.  

Hard to believe it’s here!   

Where did you book?    I’m trying to find a place in Ottawa for 3 Dec with no luck.   I tried to book at SDM in Kanata two weeks ago but they said it’s walk in only.

10 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

Where did you book?    I’m trying to find a place in Ottawa for 3 Dec with no luck.   I tried to book at SDM in Kanata two weeks ago but they said it’s walk in only.

This post by @K_e_short might help you find something:

24 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

The Rexell on Sparks Street and Woodroffe have appointments on Dec 3rd.

Edited by K_e_short
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

Rexall on Crestview in Barrhaven has lots of appointments, not sure of that exact date. I don't think Costco or Walmart go that far yet. Check the Rexall's near you as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are back home safe and mostly sound.  I won’t go into details on our Pearson airport nightmare experience.  

the cruise was great.  We were at about 45% capacity, 1200 pax.  You can see some growing pains but staff are thrilled to have pax back.  Buffet had about 50% of stations open, it seemed there were fewer activities and production shows.  We had a great party band onboard The Cardinals.  

We did Celebrity excursions and it seemed they were mostly required.  But those protocols seem very fluid.  Onboard it was noted you could not go on your own in BArbados but locals told us that had changed earlier in the week.  

We were PCR tested onboard on our last day with results in a couple of hours.  

We were asked at FLL airport by WestJet agent if we had completed ArriveCAN.  But no one looked at it, nor our vaccine certificate. 

My husband was pulled over for a random test in Toronto which was very frustrating as we had  about 20 minutes to make our connection and had just been tested!  And why can’t YYZ get its act together to keep connecting passengers in the secure zone 

But the cruise was great and we felt very safe and healthy on board 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

We are back home safe and mostly sound.  I won’t go into details on our Pearson airport nightmare experience.  

the cruise was great.  We were at about 45% capacity, 1200 pax.  You can see some growing pains but staff are thrilled to have pax back.  Buffet had about 50% of stations open, it seemed there were fewer activities and production shows.  We had a great party band onboard The Cardinals.  

We did Celebrity excursions and it seemed they were mostly required.  But those protocols seem very fluid.  Onboard it was noted you could not go on your own in BArbados but locals told us that had changed earlier in the week.  

We were PCR tested onboard on our last day with results in a couple of hours.  

We were asked at FLL airport by WestJet agent if we had completed ArriveCAN.  But no one looked at it, nor our vaccine certificate. 

My husband was pulled over for a random test in Toronto which was very frustrating as we had  about 20 minutes to make our connection and had just been tested!  And why can’t YYZ get its act together to keep connecting passengers in the secure zone 

But the cruise was great and we felt very safe and healthy on board 

Great to hear that the cruise went well, even if your trials and tribulations transiting YYZ left much to be desired.