Bringing Soda

sea mom

I think this is the policy  

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So am I reading it right that you can bring 12 cans or bottles of soda up to 17 oz., in addition to the two 750 ml bottles of wine?  Was under the impression it was either or.

No, you can bring both, though that’s quite a bit of weight to hump around till cabins become available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So am I reading it right that you can bring 12 cans or bottles of soda up to 17 oz., in addition to the two 750 ml bottles of wine?  Was under the impression it was either or.

Anyone have any experience with bringing a single 1500 ml bottle of wine? Could I re-bottle it into two bottles?

Kirland-signature-classic-red-sangria.png

4 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

My thought is if you show up with 2 open bottles of wine, they're going to assume it's hard liquor and throw it out.  I suggest obeying the rules.

The rules say it's 750 ml bottles of wine, it doesn't say they have to be sealed. As long as they look like bottles of wine on the xray, the security folks are likely to be too busy to even check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The rules say it's 750 ml bottles of wine, it doesn't say they have to be sealed. As long as they look like bottles of wine on the xray, the security folks are likely to be too busy to even check.

Hmmm, interesting.......rethinking my current plan.....

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

More often than not I have not had to pay to bring my bottles on board.  If they aren't forcing it, neither am I.  Just don't hide anything.  

1 minute ago, billslowsky said:

More often than not I have not had to pay to bring my bottles on board.  

I don’t think there’s an option to pay, they either let you bring them on board or they don’t. Perhaps you meant the corkage fee?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don’t think there’s an option to pay, they either let you bring them on board or they don’t. Perhaps you meant the corkage fee?

The one time I had to pay, I went through security (with my bottles) and was sent over to a table where I paid the fee, whether it was corkage or something else.  They put a sticker on it and I took it back in my bag.  Other times there were no orders to go pay. 

If I didn't want to pay (the one time) I could hand it over and get it back on my return (allegedly).

5 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

The one time I had to pay, I went through security (with my bottles) and was sent over to a table where I paid the fee, whether it was corkage or something else.  They put a sticker on it and I took it back in my bag. 

Was this in the last 10 years out of a US port on an RCI sailing?