Passenger Location Form

Mad4WDW

Hi,

Im just filling in our PLF’s , for the canary island ports does anyone know if I should select YES or NO for the question, “ Did you transit through this country via plane, train or ship without passing border control?” 

TIA

Greg

3 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi,

Im just filling in our PLF’s , for the canary island ports does anyone know if I should select YES or NO for the question, “ Did you transit through this country via plane, train or ship without passing border control?” 

TIA

Greg

Hi Greg

We completed ours yesterday. 

You need to select yes for transi even if you don't leave the ship. 

Jim 

3 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi,

TIA

Greg

You had me a little worried there, I answered NO.

On my form it said:

“ Did you transit through this country via plane or train without passing border control?” 

No mention of ship ??

1 minute ago, GOQ said:

You had me a little worried there, I answered NO.

On my form it said:

“ Did you transit through this country via plane or train without passing border control?” 

No mention of ship ??

There was an info "here" tag which went to an additional page that mentions ships. That's where I read about the not leaving the ship. 

Having said that I have started to doubt myself as I don't know what information the ship passes on. I've decided that I did the best I could and they will have to settle for that right or wrong! 

Jim 

1 minute ago, Bobblehat71 said:

I put YES on mine but not sure anyone really cares too much. 

Did you put in all the different islands as stops?

We did. I couldn't work out how to combine Madeira and Portugal so separated them too. 

The good thing is that we will be home when it's all being checked so what can they do? 

Jim 

• Haha 2

Hi All,

Ive done ours now, I ticked yes for all the ports. I’m not sure how we’re even supposed to know whether we’ll go through border controls or not, when we’ve got off the ship on previous cruises sometimes we go through a passport check sometimes we don’t 🤷‍♂️. I filled ours out in the order we get to the various places so did madeira first then the spanish islands then did portugal last. Everything printed now, just the health declarations to do when we get within 3 days 👍

Just need to figure out what to do at each port as well now 🍹

See you onboard if you’re on N125

Greg

• Thanks 1

As I have written, I ticked NO, I also put all the islands in date order. It seemed to me that if the arrival and departure dates for each island were always the same and I didn't travel on any trains or planes to answer was no. All very confusing. 

Now I am worried. What subsequent questions did the form ask if you ticked "YES" ?  

If you see an anxious looking bloke wandering around in a daze on N125, that will be me. 🥺

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GOQ said:

As I have written, I ticked NO, I also put all the islands in date order. It seemed to me that if the arrival and departure dates for each island were always the same and I didn't travel on any trains or planes to answer was no. All very confusing. 

Now I am worried. What subsequent questions did the form ask if you ticked "YES" ?  

If you see an anxious looking bloke wandering around in a daze on N125, that will be me. 🥺

By the time we get onboard everyone will be in a daze I think. 

I don't think that any more questions were asked except did you visit the mainland. 

On another issue we found out today that our booster shots are on the NHS app so we've got another travel pass that shows these, just in case! 

Jim 

5 hours ago, GOQ said:

Right, I will print out another one, just in case.

Paul

If you have printed, or downloaded your Covid vaccination record in the last few days, it may be worth doing it again as the third jabs are now showing.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Unfortunately not in Wales.

My vaccination record still only shows the first two vaccinations, but not the third. 

My booster isn’t until Dec 6th so I haven’t experienced that yet. Have you just had it in the past few days? Wondering how long it takes to show up.

12 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

My booster isn’t until Dec 6th so I haven’t experienced that yet. Have you just had it in the past few days? Wondering how long it takes to show up.

We had our boosters 16/10 and they have been on our surgery records from the following day. However they have only been on the NHS app from today. Perhaps this is only in England? 

Jim 

22 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I had my booster on 22 October, 4 weeks ago .

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

We had our things jabs on 12/11. The record showed up on the NHS app after a few days. I believe the app was updated this morning with the first 2. QR codes and stating 3of 3. It seems only England so far.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No country has yet required proof of a booster jab as a requirement to emtry, so why get worry at this early stage ?

But why not? It's free and if you start a long cruise, things may change whilst you are aboard with no WiFi or printer.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely - but for the vast majority of us, why worry?  

I must admit, I am more worried about the next 3 gran Prix. I don't plan downloading a  new Covid pass until Lanzarote becons in March, but........🤔

Our vaccine status shows 3 QR codes (1st, 2nd & booster). The PL form doesn’t want to read 3 codes…it accepts one and then goes on to the next page. I uploaded the 2nd vaccine QR code as that is an acceptable vaccination level for our cruise. I have paper copies & phone copies (app & wallet) of all 3 vaccinations.  Has anyone else found they couldn’t upload their complete covid vaccination record?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, free from work said:

We did. I couldn't work out how to combine Madeira and Portugal so separated them too. 

Jim 

All the Canary Islands  (technically Madeira is not one) and Madeira are not part of Portugal or Spain.  They are autonomous regions which self-govern and therefore make their own rules up independent of any EU country. One might recall the Tenerife airport disaster which was caused by a series of issues, initially a bomb going off at one of the Canary Island airports causing the diversions which overloaded Tenerife.  A contingent of early fly cruisers was unfortunately in the Pan Am aircraft.

Regards John

If you get fed up of keep printing your COVID passes you can also apply on NHS line for a Covid letter that has no end date for travel , it takes a couple of weeks to come through but very easy to do , so we no longer have run out dates on our passes my husband has done it for all the family and now in process doing it again for FIL because his booster is now on his records only after a week having it 

Apologies if you all know this but I just haven’t heard anyone talking about it , it has the barcodes all the same but no run out dates , just saying to save your printer inks 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

If you get fed up of keep printing your COVID passes you can also apply on NHS line for a Covid letter that has no end date for travel , it takes a couple of weeks to come through but very easy to do , so we no longer have run out dates on our passes my husband has done it for all the family and now in process doing it again for FIL because his booster is now on his records only after a week having it 

Apologies if you all know this but I just haven’t heard anyone talking about it , it has the barcodes all the same but no run out dates , just saying to save your printer inks 😉

We got the NHS Covid letters soon after being double jabbed in May.  They now sit in our travel folder along with relevant insurance printouts.  When the time comes we just add in e tickets and boarding passes etc, so very to present to check in staff.

Have requested new letters since getting boostered on Monday.  First time round the letters only took a couple of days to arrive.

• Like 1