Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

10 hours ago, A1A said:

Thanks KLM for a great forum for our cruise. I have been looking all cruise and have yet to see the utter idiots refusing to wear masks. Like most folks in vacation mode, occasionally a guest will forget to don a mask or loose a mask on deck, it happens. But 99.9 % of folks on this cruise are well behaved and enjoying the cruise. Let's all take a deep breath!

More from St. Maarten.......

Sorry, but they absolutely are there and usually quite easy to spot as they stand out very clearly when you are looking for them. Of course, as many of us have said, they are a very tiny minority but are nonetheless quite obvious. A young teenage boy today, waltzing around the buffet and standing in line for food with no mask anywhere in sight. Numerous people each night in the Theater without masks, despite the canned PA announcement every few minutes reminding everyone that the Theater is a sip and cover venue. An older couple a few minutes ago exiting an elevator, again with no masks. Princess Cays day, standing in a very big, tightly packed  crowd on Deck 4 waiting to board a tender stood a gentleman from Texas (judging by his head to toe Cowboys regalia; EVERY other passenger around him was masked and he stood out defiantly refusing to wear his.  In general, you'll find a small number refusing to wear masks in areas where Princess RECOMMENDS them, and a very tiny number refusing to wear them in areas where Princess REQUIRES them.

• Thanks 2

I have so much to be thankful for today and every day. But today I’m especially thankful for having my morning latte delivered to my room, watching a bird look for food in the ocean, and drinking my latte listening to the ocean waves on my balcony. 🌊

I’m also grateful for spending Thanksgiving with my BFF on a cruise ship. We did this in 2019 on the Coral Princess and I’m thankful we get to do it again in 2021.

2B55047D-6B3A-4FD2-A552-F7F897F69F6E.jpeg

531613BB-3040-41B2-BCFE-6DF75A1E187E.jpeg

452D2F77-B9F3-426F-A310-350A988B9AE7.jpeg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Galley Slave said:

I would keep your masks on everywhere.  The Sky Princess is in Code Orange with the CDC.  It was green when it started the cruise.  Website link, scroll down page for ship status.

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

Thanks for the heads-up.  Orange means less than 0.1% of passengers and no crew, so given we are just a bit over 2000 pax, that should mean only one person is positive. No idea if it's related or not, but when we left the ship in St Thomas a few days ago, there was an ambulance with lights flashing sitting beside the ship.

• Like 1

Another thing that’s different on the Sky vs. Majestic is the number of drink offerings available through the Medallion Class app. There are very few offerings available on the Sky so I have to do most of my drinks through a crew member. I had 3 favorite drinks on the Majestic…..coconut mojito, pineapple mojito and a drink called Dunes. On the Majestic I could order these 3 drinks on the app but on the Sky I can’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

The person you refer to as the victim, needed to be shamed for her rude reaction. The poor older lady looked like she was close to tears over what had happened. Perhaps you will be that age someday and then you will understand.

I will be that age someday.  And if I do hit someone driving a device I'm obviously not familiar with, the only tears I'll be shedding are for the person I hit, not THEIR reaction to being hit.  

Getting old is inevitable, but losing your moral compass is not.

• Like 5

Okay, this is the first time on a cruise I have see the duck thing. We'd keep revising them until my wife found the duck from Blake & Franck. She's keeping this one, thinks they are the cutest ducks she's seen! 

Ship is rolly, and we love it too! Off for dress to impress night then to the show......

Great cruise!

Ken

IMG_20211125_164617932.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Another thing that’s different on the Sky vs. Majestic is the number of drink offerings available through the Medallion Class app. There are very few offerings available on the Sky so I have to do most of my drinks through a crew member. I had 3 favorite drinks on the Majestic…..coconut mojito, pineapple mojito and a drink called Dunes. On the Majestic I could order these 3 drinks on the app but on the Sky I can’t.

Crown Bar can do a Dunes for you had one tonite.

Anyone else disappointed in the 51-60 count shrimp they advertise as jumbo. Scallops were not much bigger than a bay scallop. Two shrimp and four tiny scallops, had trouble finding them on my plate. The shrimp this size is what we use for catfish bait back home.

3 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Anyone else disappointed in the 51-60 count shrimp they advertise as jumbo. Scallops were not much bigger than a bay scallop. Two shrimp and four tiny scallops, had trouble finding them on my plate. The shrimp this size is what we use for catfish bait back home.

Did you order more?

• Like 3