We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

20 hours ago, Cruise frenzy said:

Tracie - we have so much water and soda, can’t drink it fast enough and we get another set up tomorrow.  No thank you.  Appreciate you thinking of us.💕💕

I am sure this has been answered many times before, but this is our first time in a suite. After the initial set up, and Cokes replaced or do I have to pay for new ones? I really appreciate any help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I am sure this has been answered many times before, but this is our first time in a suite. After the initial set up, and Cokes replaced or do I have to pay for new ones? I really appreciate any help.

All replacements from the mini bar are at a cost.

The only thing that gets replaced in a suite are the bottles of water that are in addition to the mini bar.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

If you are in a "full" suite & you are on a "royal" ship (Royal Princess & newer) there should be a concierge lounge which is accessed by suite dwellers.  Following a FB live thread, & that OP mentions grabbing a diet Coke each from the concierge lounge each day before heading to the sanctuary.  It's one of the many perks for full suites.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, Cruise frenzy said:

Tracie - we have so much water and soda, can’t drink it fast enough and we get another set up tomorrow.  No thank you.  Appreciate you thinking of us.💕💕

My email is Tracie <at> carolina <dot> rr <com>
I hope we can keep in touch!

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is the REGAL 'fully crewed' even if the ship is sailing at less than 100% capacity ?

Yes.  Princess is doing a slow roll out. They have 5 of their ships out… they are getting ready to add a sixth.  It was probably the only time in my life when I will sail with more crew than passengers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

You can get cans of soda, bottled flat and sparkling water, espresso coffees, and premium teas in the concierge lounge.  However, the CL is only on the newer build of ships… Royal, Regal, Enchanted, etc… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iowa Traveler said:

If you are in a "full" suite & you are on a "royal" ship (Royal Princess & newer) there should be a concierge lounge which is accessed by suite dwellers.  Following a FB live thread, & that OP mentions grabbing a diet Coke each from the concierge lounge each day before heading to the sanctuary.  It's one of the many perks for full suites.

Jinx!

Hey there, N!  I hope all is well with you!

❤️

• Like 1

December 8, 2021

Day 17

Princess Cay

Knowing When to Say When

Hi friends-

This is always one of the best and most challenging days on any cruise for me. It is the last day. Typically, I am grateful for the experience, thinking of the travel details, sad that the trip is coming to an end, and excited to go home. It is such a mixed bag.

I did a bit of organizing this morning and then headed up to Deck 16 for breakfast. I had COW (cream of wheat) and Jon had an omelette and bacon. We missed breakfast in Sabatini’s.

The day is bright and sunny with just a few white, fluffy clouds in the sky. We have watched the ferries carry passengers to and from the island all morning. The beach is dotted with bright blue umbrella and pastel-colored huts. It has been exactly like a living postcard. It has been about 10 days since we have left the ship and that is just fine with us. We have loved our time in the Sanctuary. It has been perfect, especially this leg. No loud talkers. No running commentary. Only peace and serenity. Just what this soul needed.

I know some people have asked- The holiday decorations are going up. I am pretty sure they are not using an outside vendor- so each day there is a little more. One day it was the trees, the next day it was the elevators, etc...

We decided to venture inside for lunch at Alfredo’s. This is a first for us on these cruises. We both had the veal agnolotti and that was it. We knew we had a few more big meals in front of us... so we were pacing.

Back to the Sanctuary we go for our final couple of hours. Boo. We both were a little “tea’d out”, so we had one final scone a piece and then wrapped it up. The crew is not supposed to have any contact with passengers, but there might have been a hug or two. Of all the people on the ship that we spent the most time with, it was this crew- and they were stellar.

Jon and I began the arduous job of packing. Clean clothes suitcase. Dirty clothes suitcase. Utility stuff suitcase. Last minute stuff carry on. We are pretty good at getting this done, and in reality it took less than an hour to get it all tucked away and into the hallway with tags.

Dinner was a simple affair. We both had meatloaf. And we began to strategize our trip home, knowing there was an earlier flight with available seats. Once we are on the “travel” track- the vacation really does end.

Jon surprised me with my favorite dessert in my favorite venue as a way of say “finished”. This was another group we grew fond of. If all goes well, we may get to see them again in the near future... Who knows?!?

And that is it. Lights out. Last go-to-sleep on the big, big boat!

Anyone want to help us weigh our luggage?

Thanks for following along-

More later-

TL

• Like 6

December 9, 2021

Last Day

Fort Lauderdale to Charlotte, NC

And That’s a Wrap!

Hi friends-

One of my flaws is completing a blog... happens about 50% of the time. I am trying to change that statistic- so here is the final entry. I will check back to answer questions. Or you can always email me at tracie <at> carolina <dot> rr <dot> com. I am happy to make new connections. Cruise Critic has been great for this.

We decided to forgo all of the final festivities on the ship- and try to make that earlier flight. This was the easiest disembarkation ever. We took the elevator to Deck 5- “bonged” out- walked the breezeway- picked up luggage- walked through immigration (with Facial Recognition)- walked out- grabbed a cab- got to the airport- checked in- got on the standby list- cleared TSA (Go Global Entry!!!)- and were eating breakfast within 45 minutes. We actually never once stopped moving. It was crazy fast. Yay!

We did make the standby list- and beggars can’t be choosers- we were in middle seats- on separate rows. Which was fine. On both of our flights, everyone acted like the civilized humans they should be. Once in Charlotte- we were home before our original flight had even begun boarding in FLL. Winning!

And this is where you will find us- unpacking, laundry, chores... and playing with our puppy- who we missed very, very much! All is well.

Final thoughts:

• This back to back thing is best. More of those please.
  • I never heard a thing about any passenger or crew having COVID-19 on the ship for any of our cruises.
  • The staff were as happy to see us as we were to see them.
  • The Upgrade Fairy is alive and well. It is ok to ask. You may get offered an upsell or you may get a complementary upgrade... or maybe nothing at all... but it doesn’t hurt to ask. I say “go for it”.
  • We recognize this may never happen again- that these cruises were “lightening in a bottle”. But it sure was fun while it lasted!
  • The staff was exemplary. No exceptions. Everyone was at the top of their game.
  • The vast majority of people were masked indoors in the specific venues. There were a few complaints here and there, but nothing of note.
  • There are still virtually no children on board. Yet.
  • This is the 5th Princess ship to sail. There are 10 more to go. They are fully staffing each ship prior to sailing. The crew enjoys being on the “on board” team- as they get to stay on the passenger decks- while there are no passengers! Good for them.
  • The ship sailed at 1/4 to 1/3 capacity.

This was one of the most charmed travel experiences of my life. Again, I don’t believe it will ever be like this in my life time- but it was a fun ride.

We have no future travel plans for now. I took some work for the upcoming semester- and that will be my focus.

I have really appreciated all of the comments and questions and dialog. It always feels so much more like a conversation that way! (And way less of a monologue).

Anyone want to sign up to write the next “live from”? I will be watching!

Thank you from the bottom of heart for following along-

Tracie-Lynn

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for a wonderful cruise and letting me be a tag along — albeit tardily. Made me even more excited and anxious to get sailing again. Just wish they’d decide soon about Hawaii…..I’ve a plan B cruise combo if that one doesn’t go. No way are we staying here in January—- coldest month of the year in CLT as you know. I’ll see how the internet flies (or doesn’t) on the Ruby and if it’s decent I may try a “Live from” blog. Fingers crossed we can say Aloha to each other on one of these cruises. And as soon as I get rid of all the packages and holiday stuff in the guest room I’m definitely starting to pack ….and dream. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefightermediclasvegas said:

Tracie,

Thank you for the play by play the past couple of weeks. We will be boarding the Regal in 10 days. It will be our 2nd sailing on the Regal and 1st Christmas cruise.

Thanks again,

Scott

I do love a holiday cruise!  You will still be sailing at reduced capacity… around 2000 passengers.  Not too shabby!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I object 2 said:

Welcome back from the Regal, Tracie and Jon.  Thank you so much for your "Live From....".   We're so anxious to board the Regal in January I just might start pre-packing now!  LOL

Jan  

I hope you have an amazing time!   We have loved the ship and her crew!

17 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

Thanks for a wonderful cruise and letting me be a tag along — albeit tardily. Made me even more excited and anxious to get sailing again. Just wish they’d decide soon about Hawaii…..I’ve a plan B cruise combo if that one doesn’t go. No way are we staying here in January—- coldest month of the year in CLT as you know. I’ll see how the internet flies (or doesn’t) on the Ruby and if it’s decent I may try a “Live from” blog. Fingers crossed we can say Aloha to each other on one of these cruises. And as soon as I get rid of all the packages and holiday stuff in the guest room I’m definitely starting to pack ….and dream. 

Fingers crossed all goes as planned.  I would love to read your live from!

In a personal note, what university are you with?

We connected pre-plague. UNCC College of Ed Counseling Dept. I shared I “knew” you with FunGirl when you guys just met up on the Regal. I understood that she said hi from me then…. Right? We’ve never cruised together but it sure would be great. 

26 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

We connected pre-plague. UNCC College of Ed Counseling Dept. I shared I “knew” you with FunGirl when you guys just met up on the Regal. I understood that she said hi from me then…. Right? We’ve never cruised together but it sure would be great. 

Ahhhhh!  Gotcha’.  😉

I am back with the U for a semester…

Cruising is always a possibility!

Tracie…. I so appreciate your ‘LIVE’ cruise reports and answers to inquiring minds!  Thank you so much for letting us travel along with you.  

We will be back on the Regal for the first 2 weeks of February and it will be our first B2B.  Your info on the turnaround day is very helpful even though this well seasoned cruiser has a good handle on cruising usually.  

We head off to FLL next weekend to board the Sky Princess for another first…. A Christmas Cruise.  I’m hoping to do some live reports from there. Like you, the ship is our destination for 10 days.

Merry Christmas!  🎅🏼🎄🤶🏻

Judy

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

If anyone onboard has the pleasure of Zsa Zsa taking care of them in the MDR’s, they are certainly lucky individuals. She is fabulous!!! We miss her.  “Mi familia”  

Totally agree with you!  ZsaZsa was in charge of Sanctuary on our last Regal cruise and she was wonderful.  We saw her again this cruise as we made reservations for the CG and she remembered us.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, TracieABD said:

December 2, 2021

Day 11

Sea Day!

Hi friends-

Every have one of those mornings when you just can’t get it moving. Yep. That’s me. Jon got up- drank coffee, went to breakfast, brought me coffee, brought me milk, read on the balcony, drank more coffee- all before I opened my eyes. What I love about being on a longer cruise is that you can wiff a day- and not feel the impact on your vacation.

I finally rolled out of bed at some time after 10 am... maybe closer to 11. There is no rush to do anything. It is pretty cloudy. It is a sea day. All is well.

I decided today was a good housekeeping day. I gathered laundry. I straightened the suite. We let our stewards know that we would not need service this morning. Hopefully, this will net them a bit more of a break today.

I needed to exchange a shirt which was super easy. And I spotted Patrizia- The lovely Captain’s Circle Host- without here usual long line of guests. I figured it was a good time to get a breakdown... Here it is..

• Blue 330
  • Gold 150
  • Ruby 80
  • Platinum 235
  • Elite 120
  • Total 920
  • Most Traveled Guests- 2229 days (we have gotten to know Patty and Ken- they are the nicest people- so glad that we met them!)
  • MTG Lunch cut is 205.

Patty- the MTG- also stopped by Patrizia’s desk, so the three of us chatted for a bit. Because there are such a low number of passengers on this sailing- everyone has time. The pace is so relaxed. I am like others, I am not sure how I feel about returning to full capacity... I like this a lot!

Lunch is one of my favorite menus. We are learning to cruise longer... which means pacing ourselves with food. It is so easy to just eat and eat and eat... and then feel miserable and bloated. In order to prevent this... more veggies... less courses. We ate in the CC MDR. I had gazpacho and the tortellini in veal broth. And that is it. Even though they had my fav blueberry roulade for dessert... I took a pass. It will be here next cruise. Also, they have mini panna cottas in the Concierge Lounge... and if you know me- panna cotta is my fav. So I had one of those.

We finally got it together to schlep up to the Sanctuary. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. Blue skies. Blue waters. We also love the Afternoon Tea up there. Our collective favorite is egg salad, which sadly did not make it onto the trays today. Unfortunately, we are next to two couples who have zero concept of volume control. And they talk and talk and talk. Netflix. Cable. Princess Cays. Status. Crown Grill. Cancer. Death. Politics. You name it... It is open season. And one is constant stretcher. Seriously, he used the linen napkin to wrap around his foot to stretch his calf.  I know. I know. I need to be more tolerant. Maybe they are just so happy to have someone new to talk with after the long lockdown. I am really hoping they disembark on Saturday... the lot of them. I finally had to leave. I am not one to engage in conflict with others... I just run away. Jon learned that neither couple is on the next leg- fingers crossed.

Dinner was a simple affair of carrot soup, salad, and TBGCS as my main. We skipped dessert. We worked our way through dinner quickly as tonight is...

...Yes/No Game! I signed Jon up- and like the good sport he is, he was all in... for 1:22 when he used “yeah” as a filler word. The lowest time was :08 seconds and there were 2 winners. It was so much fun!

This is an ‘80’s theme cruise. We are not participating. I pretty much dressed the same in every decade. Plain. Really plain. I am most a vision in Navy blue. Plain old Navy blue. My closet looks like the laundry locker for US Navy. There was a concert tonight by a Bon Jovi cover band called “Slippery When Wet”. Folks were really into it and it was as fun to watch the crowd as it was to watch the band. Bon Jovi has never been our thing... my tastes in music vary as do Jon’s. We both love John Prine and Cracker. I love opera...

And speaking of opera—- the trivia question was solve by Clare, Entertainment Assistant Director Extroidinaire! It is the major aria- Sempre Libre from La Traviata. Go, Verdi!!! She actually texted the mezzo for the answer. Now, that is some going the extra mile!

We drank tea and played cards in the Piazza and headed to bed. That is the end of our sea day!

Anyone what to “bang your head”?

Thank you for following along!

More later-

TL

Tracie-Lynn....we were on this cruise as well and were the couple in the opposite corner from you in Sanctuary.  I know exactly who you are referring to with the lack of volume control.  Part of what we love about Sanctuary is that it is quiet and relaxing....unfortunately not so much with these couples there.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:02 AM, Tyskie said:

Unfortunately, we didn't get to meet but probably passed without knowing.

My take on CG as we had this happen on NCL at their steak house Cagney's:

They have not been getting the beef from their usual suppliers (as per F&B manager on NCL) therefore there have been lots of hits and misses with many cuts of steak and beef.   We were a party of 8 celebrating friendship and life on 11/30 - some steaks were good, some not so much.

Even the hamburgers on deck - not good (they were my favorite).

All in all, everything else was DELICIOUS!  Service impeccable!  It was a wonderful cruise!  So wish we could have extended like you!!!   Enjoy this leg of the trip! 💗

So agree with your review of CG.....the steak was just ok and the sides we ordered were cold.  And my hamburger on deck was inedible and I usually love them.  My husband had on the next day and said it was really good.

Overall though our meals were wonderful!  Especially our 2 dinners in Sabatini's.