We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

November, 22, 2021

Day 1

Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale

Let the Shenanigans Begin

Holy Time Out, BatFriends- 

It has been a long time!

We are currently sitting at the Westin in Ft Lauderdale... just waiting...

... waiting for our PCR’s to come back

... waiting to see if all well

... waiting for Wednesday morning to come to—-

Board the beautiful Regal Princess!

It will be one big old Welcome Home for us! And I can’t wait!

For those of you who don’t know, I am Tracie-Lynn. I live in Charlotte, NC. And I am getting ready to board my 27th and 28th cruises. I have written a Live From or two (or many) in the past, so the saga continues.

This is where we left off- I was on a cruise that I did not blog in March of 2020. The reason I did not blog it was because I was planning a wedding- my wedding.

A little background- It was in the Baltic (May 2018)  that Princess 2 (KC Sungirl on CC and Fungirl Across America and Beyond on Facebook) let it slip that, though divorced- I had met someone really special. 

Jon (that is the someone special) and I took our first cruise in November of 2018. He was instantly hooked on cruising and I was hooked on him- Kismet!

Back to the wedding part- After two and half years together, he asked. I answered and the planning began. First the honeymoon, a 34 cruise to from FLL around the Baltic. From there, we picked a date and planned the wedding- April 10, 2020. 

Welp. You all know how that worked out. Or didn’t... During the long and protracted lockdown- we watched 4 wedding dates come and go. Boo.

We finally were able to get married on our 4 year dating anniversary in July of this year! And now were are taking a couple of cruises to celebrate! Yay! And now ya’all are current!

We left Charlotte this morning after dropping off the puppy. Yup. We are THOSE PEOPLE. We got a COVID puppy. We are so cliche. He is an Italian Greyhound named Luca. And he is a brat!  We hopped in an Uber and made it to airport in record time. The airport was super zoo-ey, but Jon has some status- and we both have Global Entry (Best. Hundred. Bucks. EVER!), so we were sitting in the lounge within 15 minutes of drop off. Super easy. We also made the upgrade cut, so the 2 hour flight was nice.

We rented a car for the 40 hours in Ft. Lauderdale, and drove up to the Westin in North Ft. Lauderdale. We really like this section of South Florida... We grabbed a burger at the Moonlight Diner, visited with some friends, and have settled in to watch some football.

Oh. And I keep obsessively checking the MyChart App for the COVID test results. But that is just me. If you know me, you know I am pretty much- “Attention to Details Girl”.

I am hoping this cruise is fun. There may even be some surprises forthcoming!

Anyone want to guess???

More later!

Tracie-Lynn (AKA P1)

• Like 12

Thanks to all who are taking their vacay cruising time to write these incredibly helpful Live From….posts. For those of us still waiting our turn - DH and I have 37 days until we board the new Enchanted Princess Dec 30 - it has been so much fun to read about all the experiences and reviews for the trail blazers being back on board. (or should that be wake blazers. 😆)

Congratulations on your wedding and have a great time on the cruise.  Will be following every day.

PS - have not been on a cruise ship since we stepped off Coral Princess in Santiago Chile Feb 7, 2020.  Withdrawal has been horrible!

• Like 1

We "should" have been on our way driving down for our one night pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Marina...

"Life" got in the way, in a big way, and we were advised, rightfully so, that maybe I should wait another couple of months to travel outside of the country, even on a cruise ship..

Got the Regal booked for a little 4 day at the end of January ( under the 50% off for RN's ) and the CB booked for next Thanksgiving

Added bonus - the kids are now coming down for a few days, so it's all very good

later, and following along

11 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

Thanks to all who are taking their vacay cruising time to write these incredibly helpful Live From….posts. For those of us still waiting our turn - DH and I have 37 days until we board the new Enchanted Princess Dec 30 - it has been so much fun to read about all the experiences and reviews for the trail blazers being back on board. (or should that be wake blazers. 😆)

Congratulations on your wedding and have a great time on the cruise.  Will be following every day.

PS - have not been on a cruise ship since we stepped off Coral Princess in Santiago Chile Feb 7, 2020.  Withdrawal has been horrible!

I can’t wait to hear about your Nee Year’s cruise!  What a way to kick off 2022. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to follow along on your sailing.   Congrats on all the good news and enjoy every moment!  

Chris had tried to get me to come along but I wasn't able to make it.  You all have a glass of wine for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

We "should" have been on our way driving down for our one night pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Marina...

"Life" got in the way, in a big way, and we were advised, rightfully so, that maybe I should wait another couple of months to travel outside of the country, even on a cruise ship..

Got the Regal booked for a little 4 day at the end of January ( under the 50% off for RN's ) and the CB booked for next Thanksgiving

Added bonus - the kids are now coming down for a few days, so it's all very good

Awww… shoot!   But I am so happy you have an amazing alternate plan!

10 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Can't wait to follow along on your sailing.   Congrats on all the good news and enjoy every moment!  

Chris had tried to get me to come along but I wasn't able to make it.  You all have a glass of wine for me.

Wait… What?!?!

is my cousin Chris on this sailing???

You just NEED to come on down and hang with the fam!

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Hope all is well my friend!

• Thanks 1