We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s wonderful…next year we celebrate our 50th anniversary with a cruise but doubt if we’ll be treated like honeymooners. 😉☺️

Awwww... Frank! That is wonderful! And you certainly deserve it!

2 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Nope. Those are gone. No chocolates at turndown. 

I was quarantined on my birthday two years ago. The medical center sent me a box of Godiva chocolates. I thought it was a very nice touch.

• Like 1

November 30, 2021

Day 9

Formal Night

Therm-a-palozza

Hi friends-

I think this will be fairly short...

We readied for dinner. We are doing the whole dress-up thing. After 19 months of being house-bound, I am ready to put on a pair of heels and a lovely dress. This is a short cruise- so there is a mixed bag of what people are wearing. I have seen a few tuxes and I have seen shorts and T-shirts. It matters not to me. I am just so stinking happy to be on a ship.

I had the goat cheese salad, the onion soup, and the beef tenderloin. I have to say, I am trying so hard not to gain a big bunch of weight... so I eat until I start to feel full and then stop. Jon had the lobster Thermador- which is special for the CC dining. He just loves it- he says it is one of the best dishes he has ever had. Because the menus are repeating... He will get one more stab at it before we head home.

I also was able to reintroduce Jon to my one-true-love, Norman. Norman Love! He’s back! I did not see any NL desserts on the first leg, but he made a sneaky reappearance on this cruise in the form of the chocolate hazelnut bar with orange cream. Yum. I think Jon is beginning to understand my bizarre obsession with old Norm.

We attended the Marriage Match game as spectators this go around. It is so fun to hear people’s answers. I hope we were fun for others. But it is still a once and done for me. Plus, I think we are now officially ringers.

Bravo! was the show in the Princess Theater this evening. I loved it all... but I am truly baffled. I know every single song- but cannot place the final mezzo soprano’s aria. In the past it has been the Queen of the Night aria from Mozart’s Magic Flute... but no as sure this time. It is driving me nuts. If anyone knows- you will be my new BFF. (PS- I even tried the song recognition on my phone... Siri is useless). “Arias for $1000, Alex”.

We packed it in after that. It was a wonderful, full sea day! Just the way I like it!

Anyone want a second Norman Love dessert with me?

Thanks for following along-

More later-

TL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

November 30, 2021

Day 9

Formal Night

Therm-a-palozza

Hi friends-

I think this will be fairly short...

We readied for dinner. We are doing the whole dress-up thing. After 19 months of being house-bound, I am ready to put on a pair of heels and a lovely dress. This is a short cruise- so there is a mixed bag of what people are wearing. I have seen a few tuxes and I have seen shorts and T-shirts. It matters not to me. I am just so stinking happy to be on a ship.

I had the goat cheese salad, the onion soup, and the beef tenderloin. I have to say, I am trying so hard not to gain a big bunch of weight... so I eat until I start to feel full and then stop. Jon had the lobster Thermador- which is special for the CC dining. He just loves it- he says it is one of the best dishes he has ever had. Because the menus are repeating... He will get one more stab at it before we head home.

I also was able to reintroduce Jon to my one-true-love, Norman. Norman Love! He’s back! I did not see any NL desserts on the first leg, but he made a sneaky reappearance on this cruise in the form of the chocolate hazelnut bar with orange cream. Yum. I think Jon is beginning to understand my bizarre obsession with old Norm.

We attended the Marriage Match game as spectators this go around. It is so fun to hear people’s answers. I hope we were fun for others. But it is still a once and done for me. Plus, I think we are now officially ringers.

Bravo! was the show in the Princess Theater this evening. I loved it all... but I am truly baffled. I know every single song- but cannot place the final mezzo soprano’s aria. In the past it has been the Queen of the Night aria from Mozart’s Magic Flute... but no as sure this time. It is driving me nuts. If anyone knows- you will be my new BFF. (PS- I even tried the song recognition on my phone... Siri is useless). “Arias for $1000, Alex”.

We packed it in after that. It was a wonderful, full sea day! Just the way I like it!

Anyone want a second Norman Love dessert with me?

Thanks for following along-

More later-

TL

Sounds like a wonderful night.  

Norman Love's store here in Naples is amazing.  Between the chocolates and his desserts, it's hard to go in because everything is so tasty. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s wonderful…next year we celebrate our 50th anniversary with a cruise but doubt if we’ll be treated like honeymooners. 😉☺️

We will be celebrating our 50th on our upcoming cruise at the end of the month.  Not holding my breath either! 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

We will be celebrating our 50th on our upcoming cruise at the end of the month.  Not holding my breath either! 🤣😂

I’ve given up on holding my breath waiting for anything…I keep passing out & waking up on the floor with nothing accomplished. 🤣

Hopefully you’ll get lucky & receive something from Princess. 🤞

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve given up on holding my breath waiting for anything…I keep passing out & waking up on the floor with nothing accomplished. 🤣

Hey Frank,  You know opera… do you know which mezzo aria is sung  in Bravo!?

34 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

Hey Frank,  You know opera… do you know which mezzo aria is sung  in Bravo!?

Unfortunately no…my knowledge was a result of you posting the name & me looking it up to listen to it & recognizing it as being sung during the Bravo performance on Majestic. ☺️

Tracie - reading your turnaround morning post it looks like you did not need to be covid tested.   Is this correct, as others on different ships doing B2B have said they were tested while in the terminal and if positive the crew would pack everything in their cabin and their cruise would be over 

52 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks!  Celebrating 50 years is special all on its own!  Where did the years go?? 
Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely bride!! 🎊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Sounds like a wonderful night.  

Norman Love's store here in Naples is amazing.  Between the chocolates and his desserts, it's hard to go in because everything is so tasty. 

Well that is a reason to visit Naples for sure!

3 hours ago, MustangGT said:

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I vote that Princess recognize these major milestones!

Congratulations to all of you!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Tracie - reading your turnaround morning post it looks like you did not need to be covid tested.   Is this correct, as others on different ships doing B2B have said they were tested while in the terminal and if positive the crew would pack everything in their cabin and their cruise would be over 

We were Covid tested the day before turnaround.  We did not ever receive results and have assumed no news is good news.  

We get tested again on Friday for the next leg… turn-around day is Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unfortunately no…my knowledge was a result of you posting the name & me looking it up to listen to it & recognizing it as being sung during the Bravo performance on Majestic. ☺️

Awwww… shoot!

December 1, 2021

Day 10

Amber Cove, DR

Just Like A Sea Day

Hi friends-

The morning dawned bright and sunny and hot! Yay! We headed down to Sabatini’s for breakfast. I had a single eggs Benedict and Jon had oatmeal.

So, let’s take a moment to talk about coffee. I don’t drink. I don’t shop excessively. I don’t gamble. I don’t watch TV. I have one vice and one vice only... coffee. And I only get one cup of that a day- so I am super fussy about coffee preparation. I like an iced latte each morning... but it has to be prepared in a specific order. First- espresso. Second- Splenda (only Splenda- substitutes will not work- I bring my own). Third- cold milk. Fourth- ice. It really is a matter of physics- the hot espresso melts the Splenda. The milk cools the espresso. Then the ice does not melt in the mixture. If you pour or add espresso over ice- you get weak, sloppy coffee.

When in Sabatinis- they will bring a pot of espresso, and a glass of milk, and a glass of ice. I can mix it myself- and that makes me very happy!

We headed off ship to see Amber Cove. I have never been to the DR- so I had no idea what to expect. First and foremost- from the ship- it is beautiful. Green and mountainous. Lovely beaches. Blue water. It is like a postcard. We did not do an excursion- only walked around some- but we did scout a bit as we will be back here in a few days.

The rest of the day was spent in the Sanctuary. Did I mention it is hot? I actually put on a swimsuit and swam in the Retreat Pool. There was no one there, so it was a little like having your own yacht. We slept and read and ate throughout the day. I had my standard- gazpacho and pineapple with “ricottage” cheese. And Afternoon Tea. Love those scones!

We headed back down around 4 pm to nap before our dinner in the Crown Grill. You know. Nap. Because the Sanctuary was so exhausting.

We dressed for dinner and headed down for our 7 pm reservation. You know how much I love Princess and the Royal class ships... so I will also be honest when something does not hit the mark... The CG was just ok. It was fine, but there was no stand out- and my steak was neither rare nor tender. Our waiter however was enthusiastic and very helpful. This is our second similar experience in the CG- so I think we will just stick to Sabatini’s for specialty dining.

After dinner, we walked forward to the Princess Theater to see Carlos Oscar again. This guy has some serious volume of material. There was some overlap with the previous show on the last cruise, but there was some new material that was so funny. He was on fire- and the audience seemed to have fabulous time. He also tends to run a little long- which is great!

Following the show, we sat in the Atrium and played cards and drank mint tea. This is our thing. This is our speed. I guess this is an “80”s” theme cruise, but we are just doing our thing.

We tried to sleep, but got hungry around 2 am. International Cafe to the rescue! While the choices are a bit more limited at 2 am, there is food and it is hot and delicious. Winning!

Finally, we were able to sleep...

Are you going to finish that bacon, onion, and gruyere quiche?

Thank you for following along-

More later-

TL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

We tried to sleep, but got hungry around 2 am. International Cafe to the rescue! While the choices are a bit more limited at 2 am, there is food and it is hot and delicious. Winning!

The IC really is a lifesaver.

During our first 2 days aboard the Majestic a few weeks ago, my body was still on Eastern Standard Time, so I woke up at 3am, wanting to eat breakfast. I expected to be the only person at the IC so early in the morning, but there were 2 or 3 others, so I didn't feel so bad. After a small nosh and a glass of milk, I went back to the cabin for a few more hours of shut-eye.

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The IC really is a lifesaver.

During our first 2 days aboard the Majestic a few weeks ago, my body was still on Eastern Standard Time, so I woke up at 3am, wanting to eat breakfast. I expected to be the only person at the IC so early in the morning, but there were 2 or 3 others, so I didn't feel so bad. After a small nosh and a glass of milk, I went back to the cabin for a few more hours of shut-eye.

Even at 2 am there were 5 people down there…

I love the option!

• Like 2