We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

3 hours ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

If anyone onboard has the pleasure of Zsa Zsa taking care of them in the MDR’s, they are certainly lucky individuals. She is fabulous!!! We miss her.  “Mi familia”  

I have yet to meet her… I will be on the look out. 

15 minutes ago, firefightermediclasvegas said:

Tracie,

Thank you for the great insight on your Regal experiences.  Can you tell us who is the current cruise director?  I think a CD helps set the vibe for the cruise.

thank you,

Scott

The current CD is Natalie from Australia.  She is absolutely adorable and charming.  
With the ship sailing at 25%, there are not as many activities.  I think she is running with a smaller staff, too.  
One thing I love about her, she is EVERYWHERE!  She remains visible and engaged in all of the activities!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

The current CD is Natalie from Australia.  She is absolutely adorable and charming.  
With the ship sailing at 25%, there are not as many activities.  I think she is running with a smaller staff, too.  
One thing I love about her, she is EVERYWHERE!  She remains visible and engaged in all of the activities!

Tracie,

Thank you for the information. We are sailing on the Christmas cruise, so hopefully they will add some entertainment.

Thank you, 

Scott

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

We are on the Regal the day you leave and have been trying to book Sabatini's ahead of time.  The AP won't work and you can't do it on the website.  Did you book ahead of time or once on the ship?  

Glad you're enjoying your cruise(s)!!!!

I'm not Tracie, but don't worry about it. We've never had an issue booking on the ship and that was with a FULL passenger load.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm not Tracie, but don't worry about it. We've never had an issue booking on the ship and that was with a FULL passenger load.

Thanks, I did finally get the AP to work once I deleted it and reinstalled!!!

8 hours ago, TracieABD said:

The CG was just ok. It was fine, but there was no stand out- and my steak was neither rare nor tender.

Based on other posts I’ve read that unfortunately seems to be a recurring theme for the CG since the restart…too much hit & miss for beef and like you will go to Sabatini’s instead where I’ve never been disappointed.

The Winemakers Dinner filet mignon was tender, tasty & perfectly cooked like every other time we’ve dined there. For $11 more than the CG we enjoy the meal & free-flowing wine but unlike CG it’s a set menu which works for us but maybe not for you.

• Like 3

December 2, 2021

Day 11

Sea Day!

Hi friends-

Every have one of those mornings when you just can’t get it moving. Yep. That’s me. Jon got up- drank coffee, went to breakfast, brought me coffee, brought me milk, read on the balcony, drank more coffee- all before I opened my eyes. What I love about being on a longer cruise is that you can wiff a day- and not feel the impact on your vacation.

I finally rolled out of bed at some time after 10 am... maybe closer to 11. There is no rush to do anything. It is pretty cloudy. It is a sea day. All is well.

I decided today was a good housekeeping day. I gathered laundry. I straightened the suite. We let our stewards know that we would not need service this morning. Hopefully, this will net them a bit more of a break today.

I needed to exchange a shirt which was super easy. And I spotted Patrizia- The lovely Captain’s Circle Host- without here usual long line of guests. I figured it was a good time to get a breakdown... Here it is..

• Blue 330
  • Gold 150
  • Ruby 80
  • Platinum 235
  • Elite 120
  • Total 920
  • Most Traveled Guests- 2229 days (we have gotten to know Patty and Ken- they are the nicest people- so glad that we met them!)
  • MTG Lunch cut is 205.

Patty- the MTG- also stopped by Patrizia’s desk, so the three of us chatted for a bit. Because there are such a low number of passengers on this sailing- everyone has time. The pace is so relaxed. I am like others, I am not sure how I feel about returning to full capacity... I like this a lot!

Lunch is one of my favorite menus. We are learning to cruise longer... which means pacing ourselves with food. It is so easy to just eat and eat and eat... and then feel miserable and bloated. In order to prevent this... more veggies... less courses. We ate in the CC MDR. I had gazpacho and the tortellini in veal broth. And that is it. Even though they had my fav blueberry roulade for dessert... I took a pass. It will be here next cruise. Also, they have mini panna cottas in the Concierge Lounge... and if you know me- panna cotta is my fav. So I had one of those.

We finally got it together to schlep up to the Sanctuary. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. Blue skies. Blue waters. We also love the Afternoon Tea up there. Our collective favorite is egg salad, which sadly did not make it onto the trays today. Unfortunately, we are next to two couples who have zero concept of volume control. And they talk and talk and talk. Netflix. Cable. Princess Cays. Status. Crown Grill. Cancer. Death. Politics. You name it... It is open season. And one is constant stretcher. Seriously, he used the linen napkin to wrap around his foot to stretch his calf.  I know. I know. I need to be more tolerant. Maybe they are just so happy to have someone new to talk with after the long lockdown. I am really hoping they disembark on Saturday... the lot of them. I finally had to leave. I am not one to engage in conflict with others... I just run away. Jon learned that neither couple is on the next leg- fingers crossed.

Dinner was a simple affair of carrot soup, salad, and TBGCS as my main. We skipped dessert. We worked our way through dinner quickly as tonight is...

...Yes/No Game! I signed Jon up- and like the good sport he is, he was all in... for 1:22 when he used “yeah” as a filler word. The lowest time was :08 seconds and there were 2 winners. It was so much fun!

This is an ‘80’s theme cruise. We are not participating. I pretty much dressed the same in every decade. Plain. Really plain. I am most a vision in Navy blue. Plain old Navy blue. My closet looks like the laundry locker for US Navy. There was a concert tonight by a Bon Jovi cover band called “Slippery When Wet”. Folks were really into it and it was as fun to watch the crowd as it was to watch the band. Bon Jovi has never been our thing... my tastes in music vary as do Jon’s. We both love John Prine and Cracker. I love opera...

And speaking of opera—- the trivia question was solve by Clare, Entertainment Assistant Director Extroidinaire! It is the major aria- Sempre Libre from La Traviata. Go, Verdi!!! She actually texted the mezzo for the answer. Now, that is some going the extra mile!

We drank tea and played cards in the Piazza and headed to bed. That is the end of our sea day!

Anyone what to “bang your head”?

Thank you for following along!

More later-

TL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on other posts I’ve read that unfortunately seems to be a recurring theme for the CG since the restart…too much hit & miss for beef and like you will go to Sabatini’s instead where I’ve never been disappointed.

The Winemakers Dinner filet mignon was tender, tasty & perfectly cooked like every other time we’ve dined there. For $11 more than the CG we enjoy the meal & free-flowing wine but unlike CG it’s a set menu which works for us but maybe not for you.

I have done the Winemakers. The food was outstanding.. But we are not wine drinkers...

I wonder if they are even doing it on the 5 day itineraries... I have not seen any advertisement for it. 

Edited by TracieABD
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I have done the Winemakers. The food was outstanding.. But we are not wine drinkers...

I wonder if they are even doing it on the 5 day itineraries... I have not seen any advertisement for it. 

I've thought about the Winemakers, but we are also not wine drinkers. Went to the "free" Elite wine tasting once...the grapes and crackers were good.😆

Maybe, we'll try the Winemakers on our upcoming cruise and go just for the food. We did that for the Chef's Table (it was really good and costs less without the wine).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I've thought about the Winemakers, but we are also not wine drinkers. Went to the "free" Elite wine tasting once...the grapes and crackers were good.😆

Maybe, we'll try the Winemakers on our upcoming cruise and go just for the food. We did that for the Chef's Table (it was really good and costs less without the wine).

I have done that as well.  In truth, as I get older, I can no longer handle these Olympic level foodfests.  

There have been several folk who have commented on the boards about the reduction in portion sizes.  This actually works for me.  

Edited by TracieABD
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I really miss The Voice of the Ocean. I hope it returns someday.

I miss it too. They were planning a Grand Finale in 2020, and I qualified for the semi-finals just before the shut down. Finalists would have competed on a free cruise in the fall, with the winner getting an audition for the tv show.

9 hours ago, TracieABD said:

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I prefer the WM Dinner over the CT which has much more food than I can comfortably eat...I'm far removed from my CFB days eating big meals. The smaller MDR portions work for us also...never leave dinner hungry.

The WM Dinner was available on our 7-day cruise but wasn't advertised anywhere.

I don't think there's a price reduction without wine but I could go to three WM Dinners for about the same price as one CT stuffing. 🤢

Wow...200-ish days to go to the MTP lunch; it was 561 on my October cruise & we fell short by nearly 100 days. 😉

• Like 2