Upcoming Cyber Week Event: Up to 30% Off Pre-Cruise Sale for Select Items (Shore Excursions, etc)

mahdnc

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

They revolutionizing of the Eclipse, and other ships, was put on a indefinite hold at the start of the pandemic.   Unless you booked before the start of the pandemic your TA gave you incorrect info regarding the ship.

We were on the Eclipse shortly before the suspension of sailing and the ship was in excellent condition.  It is a beautiful ship.

I booked 2 years ago, was supposed to sail last August.  I understand why - just wish it were not so.

24 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

According to the flyer, they've moved the sale date to Dec. 8th - 13th. Which I guess explains why there are no banners.

Mystery solved! I'm still expecting to be disappointed when the times comes....

7 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

According to the flyer, they've moved the sale date to Dec. 8th - 13th. Which I guess explains why there are no banners.

Not great timing for us as we are on a cruise that week (would rather not spend time on one holiday booking excursions for another).... but I ain't complaining ....as we are on a cruise next week!!! 🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

Not great timing for us as we are on a cruise that week (would rather not spend time on one holiday booking excursions for another).... but I ain't complaining ....as we are on a cruise next week!!! 🤩

Our cruise isn't until Aug. so I'll take advantage of the extra time to plan out some excursions that way I can see what the true savings are (or aren't 😛) next week. Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Can't open....is there a printable list?

That's because that link goes to a now obsolete spreadsheet.   Here is the updated spreadsheet which I imported into Google Sheets (no unzipping required):  link

Here is the link to the actual updated source (zip file): link

Altogether there are 229 sailings listed as being eligible for the promotion.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

That's because that link goes to a now obsolete spreadsheet.   Here is the updated spreadsheet which I imported into Google Sheets (no unzipping required):  link

Here is the link to the actual updated source (zip file): link

thanks so much!  2 of my 3 cruises qualify....apparently to 'go to' date is changed to 12/8.  Will keep my eyes open.  Only problem is I've booked all my excursions and dining and the 'rules' state you can't benefit from the new pricing by cancelling and rebooking (unless that's changing)?

18 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

thanks so much!  2 of my 3 cruises qualify....apparently to 'go to' date is changed to 12/8.  Will keep my eyes open.  Only problem is I've booked all my excursions and dining and the 'rules' state you can't benefit from the new pricing by cancelling and rebooking (unless that's changing)?

Well, I understand why that have that rule in place since they are trying to attract new sales.  However this is no different than promotions that say "new bookings only" in my opinion which is circumventable.

Also, how is the enforcement going to work?  Is their computer system smart enough to know that you just cancelled?  If so, does it gray the item out on the Cruise Planner web page so that you can't order it or will it just give you the list price with no discount?

Even if you don't agree with my assessment, could you not get around that restriction by cancelling before the promotion period starts and then re-order your shore excursions, etc, on Dec 8?  There are small risks to that strategy--like losing the time slot that you really wanted for your specialty dining reservation or having an excursion sell out--all for a chance at getting a better deal that may not actually materialize.  

Edited by mahdnc

15 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

There are small risks to that strategy--like losing the time slot that you really wanted for your specialty dining reservation or having an excursion sell out--all for a chance at getting a better deal that may not actually materialize.

I agree with all you say....... and I've had cruises repriced during 'new booking only' promos.  I've thought about cancelling these excursions/dining bookings but it IS a headache waiting for refunds...been through it many times with cruises being cancelled due to covid.  The gain is 30% apparently so that's a chunk of change overall.  Not worried about availability risk...months away and who knows if the countries will shut down ports if this new variant takes off.  In my mind it's a 'weak sister' and those coming down with it have mild symptoms....but we'll see....we didn't know at the start that the original covid would take so many lives and affect our enjoyment of day to day life....so...🤞 this is a blip on the screen....the protocols put in place are a result of 'hindsight is 20/20' .....and 'this too shall pass'....quickly...!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cmoore5524 said:

A Celebrity rep I spoke to this morning on the phone told me the sale that was supposed to start 12/1 on excursions and other extras was “indefinitely postponed”. He was reading from an email he received regarding it.

Did the rep imply that this was going to start 12/8, as others have posted, or indefinitely postponed (meaning it is probably cancelled)?

19 minutes ago, WIIsland said:

Did the rep imply that this was going to start 12/8, as others have posted, or indefinitely postponed (meaning it is probably cancelled)?

He didn’t elaborate but I got the impression he thought it would happen at some point. 

For some reason, our April 2, 2022 Apex Carribbean sailing, which was explicitly excluded from the 30% off promotion, now has 10% pre-cruise discount instead of the normal 5%. So literally a few dollars saved on the tours, but still worth cancelling and re-booking for, it only takes minutes.

If your sailing was also excluded from the promotion, check if the "base" pre-cruise discount has gone up to 10%, and if so, you can cancel and re-book right away at the lower price.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

image.png.6e0ec545192a1c68b816fc09b5985ff1.png

Where are you seeing this? Nothing comes up when I check the website or in my cruise planner other than the usual sales that have been there since I booked. My sailing is included in the flyer and email that we’re originally sent to me when it was supposed to start on the 1st of this month. Was hoping to book some dining as well as upgrade my drink package. 🤔

14 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Where are you seeing this? Nothing comes up when I check the website or in my cruise planner other than the usual sales that have been there since I booked. My sailing is included in the flyer and email that we’re originally sent to me when it was supposed to start on the 1st of this month. Was hoping to book some dining as well as upgrade my drink package. 🤔

It is at the top of my Cruise Planner page for the Mar 5 2022 Apex sailing which was listed as one of the eligible sailings.  I have a couple of holiday sailings which were supposed to be excluded from this sale and there is no "Up to 30% off" banner for those on my Cruise Planner.

image.thumb.png.1d78804970a0d9f784521d7a9418dbf3.png

• Thanks 1