LIVE from the Ovation Nov 29-Dec 10

WNcruiser

Hello everyone from the Ovation. I am not sure if there will be any interest in a live thread on these boards but I know there are many here who are first timers (as are we). 

We are very experienced cruisers who usually sail on Celebrity but wanted to try a small ship experience. 

Embarkation: Very easy. We showed up 45 mins before our assigned time and they never questioned us. Just checked our vaccine cards and negative tests. Walked through security in 2 minutes and had our boarding pass scanned and pictures taken and walked on board. The entire process was about 10 minutes. 

Our suite: We have a veranda suite which is quite nice. Love the double sinks and separate tub and shower so two can get ready at once. The balcony is also quite large with nice chairs and foot stools. Our bar was stocked with everything requested. The bed is nice but I have to give Oceania the edge on beds, theirs is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. 

CB4FD4FF-17CF-4346-AFFF-6EF8A284300B.jpeg

04987F2F-F350-4EF5-AB67-6C453DCC06F0.jpeg

D017C998-7AB1-42BF-8FA1-D93FFBB4E420.jpeg

DEBC5097-68BE-4277-A365-94AD5FCB659B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As a newbie to Seabourn look forward to your posts.  Funny you mentioned Sitmar.   That was my first cruise as well.  Think Cabo had just two big hotels then,  many moons ago.  We will be on the Ovation in March.

• Like 1

We started at the observation bar for cocktails and appetizers. They had a very nice spread of meats, cheeses, chips and guac and crudités.

I think the one bartender got a little overwhelmed but help arrived shortly after. They have a great piano player and singer up there we enjoyed.

We went to the restaurant at 7:00 and were given a nice window table. Service was excellent and they were very generous with the wines. We didn’t care for either white or red they offered but they happily found us some we liked. Dinner was very good and there was a very nice selection. I forgot to take a picture but I will post tonight’s menu. 

Masks: The hot topic. Masks are asked to be worn inside at all times. We have seen 100% compliance so far. 

Fellow guests: I would say 50-70 is average, we are on the younger end but it doesn’t matter to us. All the passengers have been friendly. 

As I set by the pool writing this they just came by with a tray of mimosas for everyone. So far loving Seabourn. 

If there is interest I will try and post daily, otherwise I will post every few days. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Ok thank you all for the feedback 🙂 . It is a gorgeous day at sea. Absolutely perfect weather and calm seas.

I am amazed at how often the bar staff are coming around at the pool. Mimosas started at 10 followed by cranberry and pineapple (with or without vodka), champagne and grapefruit, strawberry daiquiris, aperol spritzes and frozen fruit on a stick. It’s literally nonstop. 

We look forward to our first show tonight “Latin quarter” at 9:30. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We will be boarding Ovation on December 10, if all goes well.  We're not new to Seabourn, or to Ovation, but this will be our first cruise since the one we were on when the pandemic started.  So we are interested in anything you can report about your shipboard experience.  Thank you for doing this!

Thank you for posting

like others, we board on the 10th

can you advise what time the breakfast at the patio starts?  Also, when does the square open for coffee/tea in the morning?  Have you tried ordering in advance on the app?

again, thank you

my stress level is increasing more than my excitement as we have never done a 32 day cruise before!

6 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Tonight’s dinner menu

Thanks for your efforts in reporting on your cruise.  I appreciate it very much.  

If possible, posting the various menus that you are offered in whatever dining venues you select would also be interesting to me.  Thank you!  And, have a wonderful, safe cruise!  

4 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

We have cruised almost exclusively on Celebrity, we are considering booking Ovation so I am very interested to continue reading. Thank you 😊 

We turned Elite+ in 2019 so have been pretty loyal to X as well. However with their huge price increases this was a great opportunity to try the small ship experience. This cruise was about the same cost as a Sky suite. 

1 hour ago, LMB01 said:

Thank you for posting

like others, we board on the 10th

can you advise what time the breakfast at the patio starts?  Also, when does the square open for coffee/tea in the morning?  Have you tried ordering in advance on the app?

again, thank you

my stress level is increasing more than my excitement as we have never done a 32 day cruise before!

The patio is open from 8-930 for breakfast. Seabourn Square opens at 6:15.

I have not used the app as there has been no wait or lines for anything so far 🙂 

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Ovation.  One of our favorite ships, the vibe is so fun on Seabourn and we miss it very much.   We have sailed two Seabourn ships, Encore & Ovation and we rate them very high.  We sailed Silversea too and highly recommend it, but the food, vibe & decor (love blue) on Seabourn gets the nod for us.  We felt the staff on both were very comparable but will give a slight edge to Silversea….might have something to do with our Butler who treated us like royalty.  Enjoy and I look forward to your reports…while turning green with envy.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

The patio is open from 8-930 for breakfast. Seabourn Square opens at 6:15.

I have not used the app as there has been no wait or lines for anything so far 🙂 

Thank you!

Good morning cruise critic. The seas have picked up and there is noticeable movement this morning. Nothing that bothers us though. 

We didn’t see anything we loved at the restaurant last night so tried the sushi. It was good but not great. Maybe our expectations were too high after so many recommendations.

We went to the show Latin Quarter last night. I would call it entertaining. We have seen better and have seen worse. Most people removed their masks once seated. It was the first time we were in a crowd since we boarded. I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all but some chose to keep their masks on. 

I will post todays menus and activities before breakfast and get to your questions later today. Planning on another lazy pool day before our only formal night tonight. 

• Thanks 1