Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

The could have runs up and down to Queensland, Islands, etc but passengers could disembark and embark in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. Little bit of thinking out side the box, instead of having only one port where you could embark or disembark. 

If they thought it would make them more money then that's what they would do. They employ people to make these decisions on facts not speculation.

1 hour ago, bretts173 said:

If they thought it would make them more money then that's what they would do. They employ people to make these decisions on facts not speculation.

Well those people didn't earn their money last year.  Whilst waiting for information on future cruises from Brisbane, people made other plans.  Then when they did start cruising, they kept changing the itineraries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

What’s happened to Eden and Penneshaw for Quantum ships?

Kangaroo Island and Eden appeared in the laughable last minute itineraries for Ovation 21/22 season.

Eden also has appeared for this season but nothing is going here for Royal.

Are you going to post that itinerary for spectrum doing Singapore to Tokyo  this October ?

I think there would be some very very interested people on this forum.

Edited by Chiliburn

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Quantum can get into Melbourne, Voyager or Solstice is about the biggest.

A bit of a mistake there , Quantum class can’t get into Melbourne.
My IPad seems to have a mind of its own lately.

With Melbournes cross wind ,a narrow channel and the large wind shear of Quantum class .Its not suitable.

30 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Are you going to post that itinerary for spectrum doing Singapore to Tokyo  this October ?

I think there would be some very very interested people on this forum.

We have booked the RCL cruise from Tokyo to Singapore in August this year on the Spectrum.    We booked it on our last RCL cruise..,,it was such good value..,,they are still offering it but the price has gone up dramatically.   August is not the best time to go to Japan but we thought we would go anyway,    A good value cruise is always worth it.   And Singapore is easy to get home from!

Eileen

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruisers47 said:

We have booked the RCL cruise from Tokyo to Singapore in August this year on the Spectrum.    We booked it on our last RCL cruise..,,it was such good value..,,they are still offering it but the price has gone up dramatically.   August is not the best time to go to Japan but we thought we would go anyway,    A good value cruise is always worth it.   And Singapore is easy to get home from!

Eileen

I will let @springaussiepost it because it was his find and it’s not official.

But it looks like 2 cruises,12 nights each with a overnight in Hong Kong.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

A bit of a mistake there , Quantum class can’t get into Melbourne.
My IPad seems to have a mind of its own lately.

With Melbournes cross wind ,a narrow channel and the large wind shear of Quantum class .Its not suitable.

But Ovation was originally listed in Melbourne Ports before the first cruises went on sale in 2015. 

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

What’s happened to Eden and Penneshaw for Quantum ships?

Kangaroo Island and Eden appeared in the laughable last minute itineraries for Ovation 21/22 season.

Eden also has appeared for this season but nothing is going here for Royal.

Eden was having work done on its dock, appears in the 23/24 itineraries as does Penneshaw.

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Well those people didn't earn their money last year.  Whilst waiting for information on future cruises from Brisbane, people made other plans.  Then when they did start cruising, they kept changing the itineraries. 

And Carnival thoughtfully dropped in another ship with ultra cheap fares to make it even tougher for them to fill Quantum.

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

And then I waited and waited until they had to sell their cabins over Christmas/NYE and rock bottom prices and then swooped in like a Magpie. 

I find RCL and Celebrity a bit greedy with their pricing out of Australia. RCL seems like it got caught napping with Carnival heavily discounting Luminosa.

Edited by icat2000

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I will let @springaussiepost it because it was his find and it’s not official.

But it looks like 2 cruises,12 nights each with a overnight in Hong Kong.

I looked at this, but I still like the repo from Sydney to Tokyo on the Royal Princess April 2024.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, icat2000 said:

The could have runs up and down to Queensland, Islands, etc but passengers could disembark and embark in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. Little bit of thinking out side the box, instead of having only one port where you could embark or disembark. 

There are very few ”free” days at the OPT as it is in peak season. The timing  ( available dates) and cost to unload / load just a few passengers would  hardly be appealing to a cruise line.

2 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Not to sure I want to go to Hong Kong at this point of time…it is now part of China…my cruise goes to Manila…never been there!

Eileen

The re education camps are nice that time of year 

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

And Carnival thoughtfully dropped in another ship with ultra cheap fares to make it even tougher for them to fill Quantum.

They  were always goi g to have Carnival Spirit in Brisbane until around 10 months ago. Sales on this ship would have been better with the “Fun Ship” features.. But I  am not complaining about our cheap Luminosa cruise next month.

I see Royal is having another Quantum sale including the one and only cruise Brisbane to NZ at great prices. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Eden was having work done on its dock, appears in the 23/24 itineraries as does Penneshaw.

When is Royal going to do some fly /cruise packages for us Ozzie’s.

you know Singapore a few nights and a cruise?

LA ,a few nights and Navigator down to Mexico  ?

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bretts173 said:

But I don’t see Quantum or Ovation listed to go to Penneshaw.l.

So many Aussies have never been here.

The Yanks would love it like we did in April on a land trip. 

@bretts173

It looks like Royal Caribbean is pulling the second ship out of Sydney in the 24-25 season.

The port bookings for vision has totally disappeared??

Do you think we will get a ship in Melbourne in replace of it ?

A Radiance class or a voyager class in Melbourne for the 24-25 season?

On 1/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, Chiliburn said:

When is Royal going to do some fly /cruise packages for us Ozzie’s.

you know Singapore a few nights and a cruise?

LA ,a few nights and Navigator down to Mexico  ?

Perhaps ring BIG GAV?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@bretts173

It looks like Royal Caribbean is pulling the second ship out of Sydney in the 24-25 season.

No, I think they have found another market where they can make more money, presuming Asia will be 100% open. No place markers in Melbourne for 24/25.

Quantum's Brisbane season for 24/25 is a month shorter as well. Any thoughts of a full time ship here is even further away. I am surprised they haven't gone the way of Coral Princess - cruise locally for 7 months, then load up for Hawaiian & world cruises in the colder months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

@bretts173

Nothing for Melbourne!