Is anyone else excited about the QM2?

Gretchendz

We are sailing, fingers crossed, in a week's time on QM2's first TA since shutdown.  I feel like a child approaching Christmas.  Well, thats if a child had to run gauntlet of forms, flights and tests to get to the presents under a tree.  

Still, excited doesn't cover it!  Hooray!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frankp01 said:

When Cunard called me to verify that we'd received the revised passage contract I had meant to ask that question. I forgot to, but I suspect the answer would be "we don't know yet". It's really up to the CDC, and since (I believe) this voyage will be the first international ship arrival (versus loop cruises originating and terminating in the states) they may be making decisions and creating policy on the fly.

MSC Seaside arrived in Miami November 20 from Barcelona.

Further to our post about being excited about our trip on QM2.  As UK citizens, we are required to fill in a Passenger Locator Form before returning to the UK.  Has anyone already filled in one of these and can inform us of what questions are asked?

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

Thanks. Did that repositioning actually carry passengers. I can't see a reference to that. 

I could never find a direct reference either.  However, the voyage was on sale right up until it departed, and I found a post on the MSC website from a passenger who said they were on board.

I think the Seashore may have sailed in November, but it didn't call at Miami. I saw one reference that the itinerary was drastically modified (in fact, it may have sailed directly to Brazil). This article in Travel Agent Central claims it is not arriving at Miami until later in December:

The Seaside is MSC's new flagship and is due to arrive in Miami on December 21.

Which, if the case, does make the QM2 crossing the first ship to arrive from international waters.

1 hour ago, XWGs said:

Further to our post about being excited about our trip on QM2.  As UK citizens, we are required to fill in a Passenger Locator Form before returning to the UK.  Has anyone already filled in one of these and can inform us of what questions are asked?

Hi You cannot complete the PLF until 21 days before returning to the UK. I have created accounts for us both on Gov.uk to give us easier access to the form. I have attached the Cunard guide to the form if this helps? Also remember you need your unique codes for the PCR test to put in the PLF, you need to create a form for all passengers in your party.

4-disembarking-uk-staying-more-than-24hours.pdf

5 hours ago, XWGs said:

You might also find this useful:

https://glutenfreehorizons.com/cruises/cruise-passenger-locator-form-walkthrough/

12 hours ago, Lesanne said:

Hi You cannot complete the PLF until 21 days before returning to the UK. I have created accounts for us both on Gov.uk to give us easier access to the form. I have attached the Cunard guide to the form if this helps? Also remember you need your unique codes for the PCR test to put in the PLF, you need to create a form for all passengers in your party.

4-disembarking-uk-staying-more-than-24hours.pdf 1.28 MB · 9 downloads

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  We have not found this on the Cunard website, but it does seem to have problems sometimes

17 hours ago, XWGs said:

I used this website for help filling out form back in August.  Testing info may be out of date but I believe the form has stayed the same.  https://onemileatatime.com/uk-passenger-locator-form/

4 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

I was told they still had no idea if they had permission to sail this coming week into the US. 

There was a quote in one of the other threads where a Cunard rep said they hadn't yet received CDC approval. Boy, talk about down to the wire. And, I hesitate to bring up the sore subject of where the QM2 is docking, but the response from the general manager of the Brooklyn Terminal was 'Pending CDC approval she's docking in Brooklyn'. I was hoping the 'approval' meant approval to use the terminal. But it could very well be approval to sail to the states.

3 hours ago, frankp01 said:

There was a quote in one of the other threads where a Cunard rep said they hadn't yet received CDC approval. Boy, talk about down to the wire. And, I hesitate to bring up the sore subject of where the QM2 is docking, but the response from the general manager of the Brooklyn Terminal was 'Pending CDC approval she's docking in Brooklyn'. I was hoping the 'approval' meant approval to use the terminal. But it could very well be approval to sail to the states.

Frank,

This will be interesting tightrope walk. Both New Jersey and the NYC city numbers are unfortunately going up as they predicted after Thanksgiving and also heading to the next two holidays. It will be interesting. Even in the last two days Broadways shows are starting to suspense operation till after New Years. But I pray it doesn't go further since that is typical the time period Shows D.O.A. for go..

Yeah, definitely a tightrope walk. I've done the home test a few times now, just to keep tabs on things And until we board in a week, I'll be very cautious. Onboard the flight to London I intend to double-mask. There's not much else we can do.

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

Yeah, definitely a tightrope walk. I've done the home test a few times now, just to keep tabs on things And until we board in a week, I'll be very cautious. Onboard the flight to London I intend to double-mask. There's not much else we can do.

Frank,

You definitely have a solid BON VOYAGE from me and my DW.

We too have Home Tests (6 boxes all the times on hand) to keep on hand for certain questionable times. But we are very strict always with our activities. No matter if we have to miss something good, we want to be alert.

We too this summer went away to the Hudson Valley and the place we went to checked you at the front gatehouse and if not good you were turned away even if you were all packed and 1200 feet away from the building. Their suggestion was 14 days before stay away from all potential threats and those that may have had it.

God Bless...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frankp01 said:

I am actually much more concerned about the airports than the planes themselves.  We have connecting flights over so a 33% greater risk (3 airports vs 2) .  I won't be able to really relax until crossing into the Grand Lobby.  

Are we all just masochists, QM2 fanatics or both?

25 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

I am actually much more concerned about the airports than the planes themselves.  We have connecting flights over so a 33% greater risk (3 airports vs 2) .  I won't be able to really relax until crossing into the Grand Lobby.  

But surely if you got infected only a few hours before embarkation - it wouldn't show in your pre-departure test -  Iunderstand it  takes a couple of days for you to test positive once infected 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Frank,

This will be interesting tightrope walk. Both New Jersey and the NYC city numbers are unfortunately going up as they predicted after Thanksgiving and also heading to the next two holidays. It will be interesting. Even in the last two days Broadways shows are starting to suspense operation till after New Years. But I pray it doesn't go further since that is typical the time period Shows D.O.A. for go..

I'm more worried about the numbers in the UK - higher than almost every state.

34 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Clipper,

We all love the QM2 and really want to look forward to enjoying her once again.

We have an app for local activity and could not believe after a certain amount of days how it sky rocket like a Coney Island Roller coaster. And our hospitals are showing past actions to recognizable. And even the Funeral Homes too.

I hope and pray darkness does not show itself again.

10 hours ago, frankp01 said:

We just  booked the QM2, Holiday Cruise departing on Dec. 22. We have done this several times in the past, and could not resist spending the Holidays on this ship after sitting home so many months.

I cannot get a straight answer from any of the agents I have spoken to. Perhaps you may know: Is a Rapid test  two days before acceptable for boarding in Brooklyn?

Thanks for your help

Lorraine

2 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

i read recently that airports are more dangerous than airplanes due to the heavy filtration of cabin air. we are doing everything to stay safe for our flight from jfk saturday.  and, totally agree, with so much uncertainty and so many hoops to jump through it will be so sweet to make in to that lobby!

5 hours ago, Queen of the Queen said:

Is a Rapid test  two days before acceptable for boarding in Brooklyn?

We have the luxury of having Cunard provide the test in Southampton. From what I've read, boarding passengers only wait about 15 minutes after they've been swabbed. That sounds like a rapid test.

I'd suggest asking in the Roll Call for your trip. There are two: one for the trip originating in Southampton and one for those boarding in New York. Unfortunately, most of the chatter has been in the Southampton thread, but you'll find NYC boarders there too:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2760462-december-15th-2021-qm2-m143b-new-york-caribbean-christmas-and-new-year/

8 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

I am actually much more concerned about the airports than the planes themselves

I  agree with you, actually. It's just simpler to refer to the flights than to the airport time. I'll be double masked, at the origin and destination. And trying to "socially distance" as much as possible.