Anyone cancelling their cruise?

Sistersinlaw

24 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Do you know for sure  you have book by May 2022 with Celebrity? 

Yes, under the terms of the Cruise With Confidence program, any FCC issued under the program must be applied to a booking no later than May 31, 2022, for a cruise that sails no later than one year from the date of the cancelled cruise.

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If you haven't made final payment you should receive your deposit to your credit card...unless it's non refundable...then I think it's FCC.

Absolutely right, if you made a non-refundable deposit, the CWC program still allows you to get a "refund" in the form of an FCC. With a refundable deposit, it goes back on your credit card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Froufie said:

First of all I don't think they can 'force' anyone to do this?  If she wants to isolate at her sister's place or wherever how can they stop her?

I really don't know.  The post specifically said she can't go to her sister's, and has to go to a CDC facility.

Haven't seen an update on how it all played out, but I'm curious! 

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, under the terms of the Cruise With Confidence program, any FCC issued under the program must be applied to a booking no later than May 31, 2022, for a cruise that sails no later than one year from the date of the cancelled cruise.

Absolutely right, if you made a non-refundable deposit, the CWC program still allows you to get a "refund" in the form of an FCC. With a refundable deposit, it goes back on your credit card.

Our non refundable deposit is only $25 pp, cruise was book during the Black Friday sale in 2019 😁

• Like 2

Cancelled March cruise on RCI, latest information from Chief Medical Officer for Ontario, Omicron peak not expected for 6 to 8 weeks. Also after reading posts from others the decision was made. We took the cruise credit as we have another cruise booked in October, so hopefully we will be able to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grattan said:

Cancelled March cruise on RCI, latest information from Chief Medical Officer for Ontario, Omicron peak not expected for 6 to 8 weeks. Also after reading posts from others the decision was made. We took the cruise credit as we have another cruise booked in October, so hopefully we will be able to go.

I’m trying for November. Cancelling my Feb 06 tomorrow 😔

UPDATE ON THE CANADIANS ON MARDI GRAS WHO TESTED POSITIVE

(From the Book of Faces Canadian Carnival Cruisers - not my situation, just sharing)

1 - the daughter and father who tested positive were NOT sent to a CDC hotel. They were let off the ship after everyone else and sent on their way.  Mom and nanny tested negative. They are at a hotel trying to get another test to confirm.

So they did not have to go to a hotel and it sounds like they can do whatever they want without being tracked. I mean obviously they can't fly into Canada but that is not the CDC or the cruise line restricting that.

2 - the other family is also at a hotel trying to figure out flights to the closest U.S. city. I haven't heard a lot from them, other then they live in B.C. and that is a far drive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So about to cancel my upcoming Celebrity cruise (under the Cruise with Confidence policy) - I understand I will get an FCC (including celebrity booked flights) and eventually a refund as well for excursions/dining I booked more recently.  

I am however hoping that things settle down soon and considering booking another Celebrity cruise at the end of March - so do I have to wait until I get the FCC (I believe this might take over a month to be finalized) to do this?  Can I just use the FCC immediately (when I call to cancel) to book the new cruise?  

I am also assuming new cruise would be covered by the same Cruise with Confidence policy?

Would love to hear from anyone with experience in Celebrity cancellations?

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

So about to cancel my upcoming Celebrity cruise (under the Cruise with Confidence policy) - I understand I will get an FCC (including celebrity booked flights) and eventually a refund as well for excursions/dining I booked more recently.  

I am however hoping that things settle down soon and considering booking another Celebrity cruise at the end of March - so do I have to wait until I get the FCC (I believe this might take over a month to be finalized) to do this?  Can I just use the FCC immediately (when I call to cancel) to book the new cruise?  

I am also assuming new cruise would be covered by the same Cruise with Confidence policy?

I cancelled two Celebrity cruises before final payment and received my (refundable) deposit from both cruises, at the same time, in one week.

2 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I cancelled two Celebrity cruises before final payment and received my (refundable) deposit from both cruises, at the same time, in one week.

How long ago was this?  I am after final payment and hearing about people waiting over 90 days to get their FCC!!!!

1 minute ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Froufie; (from my Hometown); it was on December 7th.

Thanks - I think you were very lucky!  Probaby lots more cancellations now so maybe they are having trouble handing all of them?

I cancelled 3 Princess cruises on Dec 13. The deposits were in my CC account in two days, and my FCC (bought on the ship 3 years ago) were refunded the next day. Our Viking river cruise was refunded the same day. Great service in each case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gubby said:

I cancelled 3 Princess cruises on Dec 13. The deposits were in my CC account in two days, and my FCC (bought on the ship 3 years ago) were refunded the next day. Our Viking river cruise was refunded the same day. Great service in each case.

I'd love to do (another) European River Cruise!  I did a 15-Day Budapest to Amsterdam several years ago with 'AMAWaterways'!  It was excellent!

• Like 1

I am sadly going to cancel my two March cruises with RCL, I believe I will get FCC only for the deposits. Hopefully doesn't take too long but I have no idea what I want to book instead, I have multiple Carnival cruises booked next year, and one in August this year. I think I have to use the FCC for this year so maybe October or November, that seems to be when there was a lull in covid cases last year so might be safe. Just have to decide when and which ship, and we have to go to Coco Cay for kiddo, he has been asking to go there since it was updated. 

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

So I just got off the phone with my Big Box Travel Agent to cancel our paid-in-full Feb 12 Celebrity Apex cruise (total of 2 hours between waiting to get to agent and then they kept putting me on hold to talk to Celebrity).   I was prepared ahead of the call on which cruise and cabin I wanted to rebook (go on Celebrity site and peruse which itinerary/ship/cabin/cost for your rebook).  So I have now canceled my Feb Apex Sunset Veranda ($4999) and rebooked an Infinite veranda on Beyond for Nov 27.  There was a very good price of $4286 for the Infinite (no sunsets available at this point) - so I asked if they would give me OBC for the $700 difference.  Celebrity said they couldn't give straight OBC, but they have set me up with the Indulge package which will give me upgraded streaming wifi, premium beverage and I think he said $600 OBC.  I'll keep that for now, but if a sunset verandah comes up I'll switch to that and eliminate the indulge package if the cost for SV puts me over the FCC total.   So I'm getting the $300 in taxes/port fees back on credit card, and they said they will apply the FCC to my new booking within 24 hours and send me the confirmation.  I have a booking reference # for new cruise so will keep an eye tomorrow to make sure this is all changed correctly!  Hopefully I haven't been too confusing, but ideally, be prepared ahead of the call with what you want to change to as it will probably help things along.  

Edited by skatie

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

So about to cancel my upcoming Celebrity cruise (under the Cruise with Confidence policy) - 

Sorry to hear this Janet as know how much you had been looking forward to it. Good luck with re-booking.

1 hour ago, maryann2 said:

Sorry to hear this Janet as know how much you had been looking forward to it. Good luck with re-booking.

Thanks Mary - I was in 'denial' for a while thinking everything would be okay, but in reality too risky right now for both of us - so hoping we can still cruise in March - if not guess we will rebook for next winter possibly?  (and then the countdown to our November TA!!!).  

2 hours ago, skatie said:

So I just got off the phone with my Big Box Travel Agent to cancel our paid-in-full Feb 12 Celebrity Apex cruise (total of 2 hours between waiting to get to agent and then they kept putting me on hold to talk to Celebrity).   I was prepared ahead of the call on which cruise and cabin I wanted to rebook (go on Celebrity site and peruse which itinerary/ship/cabin/cost for your rebook).  So I have now canceled my Feb Apex Sunset Veranda ($4999) and rebooked an Infinite veranda on Beyond for Nov 27.  There was a very good price of $4286 for the Infinite (no sunsets available at this point) - so I asked if they would give me OBC for the $700 difference.  Celebrity said they couldn't give straight OBC, but they have set me up with the Indulge package which will give me upgraded streaming wifi, premium beverage and I think he said $600 OBC.  I'll keep that for now, but if a sunset verandah comes up I'll switch to that and eliminate the indulge package if the cost for SV puts me over the FCC total.   So I'm getting the $300 in taxes/port fees back on credit card, and they said they will apply the FCC to my new booking within 24 hours and send me the confirmation.  I have a booking reference # for new cruise so will keep an eye tomorrow to make sure this is all changed correctly!  Hopefully I haven't been too confusing, but ideally, be prepared ahead of the call with what you want to change to as it will probably help things along.  

Sounds like this can be done as I have my eye on a March cruise - can you confirm or did you ask if the 'newly booked' cruise would also be covered by Celebrity's 'cruise with confidence' cancellation policy? (in case things are not better by my planned March cruise and I still want to cancel again?)

Does anyone know if there is a 'limit' to cancellations/use of FCC?

5 minutes ago, skatie said:

If you scroll down to the Cruise with Confidence section of these FAQs I think it will answer your questions https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

Thanks for the link - so I think I found the response to cancelling a cruise booked with an FCC but wondering if I am interpreting it correctly?

What if a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) was used to pay for my existing cruise, and now I want to cancel it and receive an FCC under Cruise with Confidence?

If a Future Cruise Credit was used to pay for either all or a portion of your existing reservation, we are making it easy for you by combining all funds into one FCC. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus the addition of any amount paid. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC must be applied by May 31, 2022, at which time all unused funds will expire, for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022, or one year from their original sailing date, whichever is later.

So if for example my FCC was for $5K (cancelled January cruise) and I use all of it to book a future cruise (March 2022) , and let's say that cruise is $1K more.   I then decide to cancel that cruise my new FCC would be $6K?  and as for the deadline - I would still need to book by May 2022, and have up until 1 year from current cruise date (which is now March right? - not original cancelled cruise date of January) to schedule another cruise?

Called NCL last week and cancelled our August Northern Europe cruise 😞 At this point we had only paid a small deposit which is completely refundable.

Still have our end of July Alaska cruise booked with Disney. We are ride or die, all in on that one!! lol But it's easier since we live 45 minutes from the port 😉 We shall see....

5 hours ago, bcwife76 said:

Called NCL last week and cancelled our August Northern Europe cruise 😞 At this point we had only paid a small deposit which is completely refundable.

Still have our end of July Alaska cruise booked with Disney. We are ride or die, all in on that one!! lol But it's easier since we live 45 minutes from the port 😉 We shall see....

Did they give a reason why they canceled?

we have a August Norway cruise and than Arctic transatlantic book with RCL book

On 12/30/2021 at 9:36 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm having the same problem with posting, liking, etc....using Fox as my browser.  I moved over to Chrome and all works well here.  Maybe try a different browser? 🤔

I sometimes have problems posting.  I am using Chrome but was able to post using Safari.