Koningsdam signature suite

willow949

We are scheduled to have a signature suite and it does not seem as it has as much room as the older ships. The dressing room looks to take up a lot of space. Also, no coffee table or chairs?  What are your thoughts? Thanks. 4* mariner

As the successive classes of ships have gotten larger, the cabins in comparable categories have gotten smaller. So, your observation that the Signature Suite on the Koningsdam is correct if comparing to the Vista/Signature classes. 

My DH and I were on the Oosterdam in a Signature Suite, and my DF and his friend were in a Verandah.  I found his verandah room to be smaller than the verandah room we were in on the Koningsdam. 

Just looked at the square footage, and Signature in Oosterdam is approximately 372-384 sq. ft. including verandah, and the Signature on the Koningsdam is approximately 393–400 sq. ft. including verandah.  However, the Neptune on the Oosterdam is much larger, approximately 500-712 sq. ft. including verandah and the Neptune on the Koningsdam is approximately 465–502 sq. ft. including verandah

I can see how the design layout of the Signature on the Koningsdam would make it seem smaller, though.

L.

I haven't been on the Pinnacle Class ships but looking at the pictures, I really don't care for the layout of the room either.  The dressing room area would have more privacy if you are traveling with someone who will be sleeping in the Murphy bed that is there, but otherwise, I much prefer the Signature Suite sitting area and desk on both the Vista and Signature class ships.

~Nancy

• Like 1

I don't like the layout of the signature suites on the Pinnacle class ships.  It is too broken up with the large dressing area though I agree it would be good for a third person to use the murphy bed.  The seating area is very small with just a couch and no chairs across from the bed.  

• Like 1

We are currently in a Vista Suite aboard the Koningsdam and were on a 2019  20-day Med cruise aboard the Nieuw Statendam, also in a Vista Suite. I find it to be a good value considering location on the ship plus layout for Room Service with the seating area closer to the room door. You need to cruise in a Neptune Suite to receive any additional amenities.

I haven’t stayed in a Signature suite but happened to walk in one on the Koningsdam in October. It was disembarkation day and the door was open. At first I thought it was a Vista suite and since we had booked a Vista for our Rotterdam Holiday cruise I wanted to check it out. I really liked it and liked the floor plan. It seemed really spacious but the dressing room area did seem to take up space and like others said it would be nice for a third person. I walked away thinking, yes I’d like this cabin, still thinking it was a Vista. 🤣  When I checked out deck and cabin plans later I realized it was a Signature suite. Anyway, I wouldn’t hesitate to book it for a good price. 

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

We are currently in a Vista Suite aboard the Koningsdam and were on a 2019  20-day Med cruise aboard the Nieuw Statendam, also in a Vista Suite. I find it to be a good value considering location on the ship plus layout for Room Service with the seating area closer to the room door. You need to cruise in a Neptune Suite to receive any additional amenities.

Do you like the Vista Suite?  We have one next month on Rotterdam and it’s our first time in a mini suite on any ship. We got a good price last minute after cancelling a QM2 crossing so figured we’d splurge a bit over the cost of a verandah stateroom. As I understand the only suite benefits are binoculars, concierge phone line, and double Mariner points?  Also, it seems a decent amount bigger than a verandah stateroom at least in terms of sqft. Is the balcony also bigger than standard verandah? Pictures make it look deeper. 

8 hours ago, Bostonjetset said:

Do you like the Vista Suite?  We have one next month on Rotterdam and it’s our first time in a mini suite on any ship. We got a good price last minute after cancelling a QM2 crossing so figured we’d splurge a bit over the cost of a verandah stateroom. As I understand the only suite benefits are binoculars, concierge phone line, and double Mariner points?  Also, it seems a decent amount bigger than a verandah stateroom at least in terms of sqft. Is the balcony also bigger than standard verandah? Pictures make it look deeper. 

We were in a vista suite on the Koningsdam in October and we liked it. The balcony was great, bigger than we expected and being able to look straight down and see water and not lifeboats was worth the money. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bostonjetset said:

This time we are on Deck 6 which I like better for the additional height for the view. Last time we were on Deck 5. My choice if I choose a Vista Suite again would be midships Deck 6, Deck 5, or possible the four "A" category staterooms on Deck 7. Deck 4 Vista Suites have shallower verandahs. I would not book a "B" category on Deck 8 under the Lido Deck. 

Regarding the verandah, it is slightly deeper because of location. We have a "VC" staterooms next month on the Rotterdam. I am curious as to how that will compare.

1210210722a_HDR.thumb.jpg.c68e875144b688bd56d2836edde2485f.jpg

1210210720_HDR.thumb.jpg.8e2963e7bcc7800c9495efe752cff058.jpg

1210210720.thumb.jpg.ce33088dfa05f74dcc32b7a07bbcbf45.jpg

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

This time we are on Deck 6 which I like better for the additional height for the view. Last time we were on Deck 5. My choice if I choose a Vista Suite again would be midships Deck 6, Deck 5, or possible the four "A" category staterooms on Deck 7. Deck 4 Vista Suites have shallower verandahs. I would not book a "B" category on Deck 8 under the Lido Deck. 

Regarding the verandah, it is slightly deeper because of location. We have a "VC" staterooms next month on the Rotterdam. I am curious as to how that will compare.

1210210722a_HDR.thumb.jpg.c68e875144b688bd56d2836edde2485f.jpg

1210210720_HDR.thumb.jpg.8e2963e7bcc7800c9495efe752cff058.jpg

1210210720.thumb.jpg.ce33088dfa05f74dcc32b7a07bbcbf45.jpg

Thanks for the reply!  Your balcony pics look bigger than most cruise ship balconies I’ve seen on other ships.  We are in a guarantee so we get what we get. I’m not that picky about location honestly.  What about the actual interior size?  Some posters have said it doesn’t feel much bigger than a verandah stateroom but others have said it does. And the sqft specs are definitely bigger according to the website. 

Just now, Bostonjetset said:

Thanks for the reply!  Your balcony pics look bigger than most cruise ship balconies I’ve seen on other ships.  We are in a guarantee so we get what we get. I’m not that picky about location honestly.  What about the actual interior size?  Some posters have said it doesn’t feel much bigger than a verandah stateroom but others have said it does. And the sqft specs are definitely bigger according to the website. 

Not having sailed yet in a "V" category on a Pinnacle-class, it is hard to be subjective. It is deeper and like I mentioned previously the bed is by the verandah. We have sailed in a Vista on a "S" class and it is roomier than that. But not as large as a Signature or definitely a Neptune that we have had on the "Vista" and "Signature" classes. It is a good value as I think this cruise was about $300 over a "V". Plus double Mariner points!

• Like 1

@bluesplayer

7105 – Koningsdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

The table looks small.  I really don't care for the Pinnacle Signature Suites but that is based only on the pictures.  I love the Vista and Signature class ship's SS.

~Nancy 

Edited by oakridger