Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Did you see this post from someone on your cruise?

Not exactly a surprise considering what you experienced .

I saw it.  To be honest, i think i was more exposed at the Fort Lauderdale airport than on the ship, and if I get the virus it is probably from that. Dozens of people coughing throughout the airport - we tried to keep as much distance as we could, but you can only do so much especially once on a packed flight with every seat used and the person behind you coughing the whole flight.

I didnt see alot of coughing on the ship, at least not any more than usual on a December cruise in the middle of flu season.  At least people arent coughing or sneezing into their hands and then touching serving utinsils in the buffet like before COVID.

Noone I spoke to told me they were having cold symptoms, so I really cant comment on the statement above.  The ship was filled at 1/3 capacity so there was plenty of opportunity to distance on ship.  We asked a couple times to move tables.  The only critique I would put on Celebrity is they should have done a better job in blocking seats in the theater.

There were a few times I saw crew not properly wearing their masks.  Maybe the comments from the previous cruise lead to more enforcement.  Overall I thought the crew did a good job following the mask rules.

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree that it could of been at the airport, cab, Uber where ever. How can the person say it was obtained on the ship? I think the observations of crew and passengers is valid but can you really trace it back to the ship. I think that adds more fears to people who want To cruise. 

We are on Silhouette in two and a half weeks and after sailing on Edge last October I will say there are many ways to distance yourself and be safe. The protocols in the majority of ways were followed.

Cheers!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, countess5 said:

I have to agree that it could of been at the airport, cab, Uber where ever. How can the person say it was obtained on the ship? I think the observations of crew and passengers is valid but can you really trace it back to the ship. I think that adds more fears to people who want To cruise. 

We are on Silhouette in two and a half weeks and after sailing on Edge last October I will say there are many ways to distance yourself and be safe. The protocols in the majority of ways were followed.

Cheers!  

Quote:

Florida

Posted 19 hours ago

Wore a mask throughout the cruise, fully vaccinated with booster. Arrived home  from Ft. Lauderdale and tested at 12:30. Both my son and my self are positive. I don't think were the only passengers who contracted it on board...did not get off at ports. Many had "colds" and/or allergies." Just letting my fellow cruisers so they can test if possible before they visit family.

The person who reported testing positive lives in Florida and tested herself at 12:30 on disembarkation day. There is no chance she was sick from being exposed that same morning.

It was from the ship. If you read the rest of her thread you can see just how she was most probably exposed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2820295-just-got-off-silhouette-1213-1224-get-tested/

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, upwarduk said:

Do you mean they aren’t wearing their masks? 
Or, are they not asking passengers to conform to the protocols?

We were on Silhouette November 22 through Dec. 3 and they all wore masks.  Passengers did not have to.

5 hours ago, christy42 said:

I think the lawn did not replace the ping pong desks. I don't think tables seem to be weird in front of the elevator . There was the problem of wind outside it.

We were on the Silhouette a few weeks ago.  We enjoyed playing ping pong in those otherwise unused spaces.   Never hit anyone getting off the elevator.  In fact, I don't think we ever even saw anyone getting off the elevator up there when we were playing!   😂