Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

19 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

Staying at Hotel Maren, a Hilton property.  Its really nice.  Resort fee includes 2 drinks at bar, 2 hour bike rental, and a few other perks.  The rooms and bathrooms are all good size and it looks like each room has a balcony.  We are on the 11th floor with views of downtown and the port.  There is an outdoor pool on the 5th floor that overlooks the beach.  The pool itself is small, but the outdoor space includes a bar.  The gym is ok - maybe 5-6 cardio machines and dumbells.  It looks like they have complimentary yoga in the morning.  We would definately stay here again. 

We didnt eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but we did the Sunday Brunch at this restaurant a block away called Coconuts.  It was amazing - highly recommend.

https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

Ate some dinner at some italian place.....was not really remarkable.  Tons of options for food though.  

Some pics from the view from the hotel and the amenities.

20211212_172641.jpg

20211212_142623.jpg

20211212_142617.jpg

20211212_121626.jpg

20211212_121609.jpg

Thanks for all the info! We are always looking for something new. This time around we are using lots of Marriott points to stay at the beach. Will look into this hotel next time around, lots of Hilton points too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lizabet623 said:

Ok help.  Why am I not getting notifications regarding people posting in this thread?  I have checked following and checked notify me...

You are getting notifications because you are following and checked notify me.   

If you don't want all the notifications change to Do not send me any notifications.

image.png.3d24d33b71572b7dc4f0b92ebedeeefc.png

18 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

Bojana and Alexandra.  We didnt ask for permission to post pic, so leaving that off.  They are alot of fun though.  Partner got the Zacapa Above the Clouds, one of the smoky fun drinks.

Say Hi to Alexandra from Sian & Stan. We were lucky to have met her on Silhouette in July and Sept.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Lots of people reporting that CC has been acting up lately, not able to like posts, not able to post at all, no notifications. Maybe unfollow and then re-follow might help.

No kidding.  I have logged in, logged out, and  cleared by Safari cache before logging back in many  times.  Sometimes it would work for one post and then fail.  I was wondering if I had violated a rule and was being punished!

Everything is working fine now.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

Nassau day.  I guess this stop was origanally a different port - we only booked 4 weeks ago so its always been Nassau to us.

We have done Paradise Island and Atlantis twice as land vacations and all other cruises we just stay on the ship for Nassau.  This time around we decided on Blue Lagoon and were very happy.  There are several Blue Lagoon options - some kind of VIP beach thing, and then some variations with sea life (dolphins, sea lions, and sting rays).  We went with the sea lions.  Blue Lagoon itself was ok, definately a nice quiet getaway.  The beach area itself wasnt amazing, but it was good enough.  Not sure what the VIP package got you on the island, but i didnt see anything that would have made it worth it.  I definately recommend Blue Lagoon with one of the sea life.  You will still get beach time, can some floaties, get interaction with one of the sea life types, and still get to see the others.

It looked like there were options to get packages as Blue Lagoon separately, so I dont think you have to book through celebrity.  Celebrity excursion ferries you to the island on a big tender.  You pass Paradise Island and see all the celebrity houses (Tiger Woods, Rihanna, etc).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

No kidding.  I have logged in, logged out, and  cleared by Safari cache before logging back in many  times.  Sometimes it would work for one post and then fail.  I was wondering if I had violated a rule and was being punished!

Everything is working fine now.

Known and long-standing problem, still not fixed. You may have it recur. Best to report it on the thread below in the Need Help forum. 

• Thanks 2

I have the same problem with CC. It can log me out with no warning. Everything just goes real slow. I know now to get off, then get back on and log in. It's ridiculous. All this crap started when they had that last major "upgrade".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

Nassau day.  I guess this stop was origanally a different port - we only booked 4 weeks ago so its always been Nassau to us.

We have done Paradise Island and Atlantis twice as land vacations and all other cruises we just stay on the ship for Nassau.  This time around we decided on Blue Lagoon and were very happy.  There are several Blue Lagoon options - some kind of VIP beach thing, and then some variations with sea life (dolphins, sea lions, and sting rays).  We went with the sea lions.  Blue Lagoon itself was ok, definately a nice quiet getaway.  The beach area itself wasnt amazing, but it was good enough.  Not sure what the VIP package got you on the island, but i didnt see anything that would have made it worth it.  I definately recommend Blue Lagoon with one of the sea life.  You will still get beach time, can some floaties, get interaction with one of the sea life types, and still get to see the others.

It looked like there were options to get packages as Blue Lagoon separately, so I dont think you have to book through celebrity.  Celebrity excursion ferries you to the island on a big tender.  You pass Paradise Island and see all the celebrity houses (Tiger Woods, Rihanna, etc).

I think we have pretty much the same itinerary in January. We were supposed to go to Grand Caymen, but they are not open to ships yet, they substituted Nassau.

20 hours ago, Tipsy252 said:

Say Hi to Alexandra from Sian & Stan. We were lucky to have met her on Silhouette in July and Sept.

And please say hi to Bojana she’s from us we spent a month on the Silhouette Sept to Oct ….she’s brilliant ….Elaine and James Hamilton

• Like 1