Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

20 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

No signs anywhere. The other day, when my wife and I returned from a shorex and got on an empty elevator, another guest came on behind us and tried to hold the door open for a zillion other people. My wife politely said to him “four people max for safety” and he looked at us like we were crazy. 

Except for the “covid theatre” of crew wearing masks (often incorrectly), it’s as though the Silhouette has decided the pandemic is over. 

That is truly shocking particularly in light of the Omicron tsunami that is on its way and much to be learned about it Most reported U.S. Omicron cases have hit the fully vaccinated -CDC | Reuters

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, Turtles06 said:

Please don’t put words in my mouth. When crew are *at work,* it is Celebrity’s policy, clearly stated on their web site, that they be masked.  Along with a number of other clearly stated policies providing for social distancing of guests in dining venues and elsewhere that are being ignored by the powers that be on the Silhouette. I am reporting what I have personally observed and experienced this week.  Folks may or may not be comfortable with what’s going on, but those are the facts. 

Nothing like hijacking someone’s live review thread…go start your own “I’m not happy thread because….”  now can we get back to looking forward to Stealthdog’s live review! I for one look forward to it! I may even wear my mask while reading it! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 12/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, Turtles06 said:

No signs anywhere. The other day, when my wife and I returned from a shorex and got on an empty elevator, another guest came on behind us and tried to hold the door open for a zillion other people. My wife politely said to him “four people max for safety” and he looked at us like we were crazy. 

That is a surprise. 

What did the crew say when you asked about social distancing etc.?

7 hours ago, sayvan said:

Nothing like hijacking someone’s live review thread…go start your own “I’m not happy thread because….”  now can we get back to looking forward to Stealthdog’s live review! I for one look forward to it! I may even wear my mask while reading it! 

Sayvan, I just found this thread and as I am reading, I started to think the same thing. Lets see the report from Stealthdog and save the negative discussion for another thread. We were aboard Edge in August and Apex in November and looking forward to this one.

Edited by jhagen
  • Like 3

At DCA waiting for boarding to FLL.  Its getting real!

We ordered the home covid testing from the celebrity website and it was fairly quick and easy.  The instructions on the box will lead you to a video chat session with a technician who will walk you through opening the box and administering the test.  After you swab your nostrils, 15 minute wait and then another tech will validate the test.  Got the emailed results within 10 minutes - overall from start to official document, it was about 45 minutes.

We also received our room assignment for the Aqua guarentee.  This will be our first time to a checkin without luggage tags already in hand - hopefully it will be painless tomorrow morning!

20211212_065000.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, cangelmd said:

Have a wonderful cruise, we will be on her in January. If you make it to World Class bar, I’d like to know who the bartenders are.

We will look to do a pre or post dinner drink there tomorrow.  Will definately get that info for you and maybe even a pic with the bartenders if they dont mind. 🥂

16 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

We ordered the home covid testing from the celebrity website and it was fairly quick and easy.  The instructions on the box will lead you to a video chat session with a technician who will walk you through opening the box and administering the test.  After you swab your nostrils, 15 minute wait and then another tech will validate the test.  Got the emailed results within 10 minutes - overall from start to official document, it was about 45 minutes.

We also received our room assignment for the Aqua guarentee.  This will be our first time to a checkin without luggage tags already in hand - hopefully it will be painless tomorrow morning!

20211212_065000.jpg

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jhagen said:

save the negative discussion for another thread.

LOL------WHAT ???  This site is called " Cruise Critic"---- Meaning , find something to " Criticize " no matter what the topic is !!

Holy cow, everyone on here has been on many cruises and wants to hear " gossip stuff "-- not the regular routine , 37 pages of ( " My steak was delicious ",  " Julio , my favorite bar tender isn't on board " , "  Captain is XXX is on vacation " , or " Here's me drinking a Diet Coke " ). 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

Curious when they assigned your room.   We were upgraded just before a cruise recently and the new luggage tags showed up in our Ticket brochure the day before the cruise so was able to print it.   Don't worry the agents have lots of blank tags and quickly tag them for you.

Have a wonderful trip. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious when they assigned your room.   

Not really sure.  They never communicated to us that we were assigned a room.  I just happened to see a room number this morning when i logged into the app.  

3 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

Hey Stealthdog, where are you stay pre-cruise?

Staying at Hotel Maren, a Hilton property.  Its really nice.  Resort fee includes 2 drinks at bar, 2 hour bike rental, and a few other perks.  The rooms and bathrooms are all good size and it looks like each room has a balcony.  We are on the 11th floor with views of downtown and the port.  There is an outdoor pool on the 5th floor that overlooks the beach.  The pool itself is small, but the outdoor space includes a bar.  The gym is ok - maybe 5-6 cardio machines and dumbells.  It looks like they have complimentary yoga in the morning.  We would definately stay here again. 

We didnt eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but we did the Sunday Brunch at this restaurant a block away called Coconuts.  It was amazing - highly recommend.

https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

Ate some dinner at some italian place.....was not really remarkable.  Tons of options for food though.  

Some pics from the view from the hotel and the amenities.

20211212_172641.jpg

20211212_142623.jpg

20211212_142617.jpg

20211212_121626.jpg

20211212_121609.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

Did you get to Fort Lauderdale?

Yes - not a huge airport.  Luggage was rather quick.  Took an lyft from airport to downtown - roughly $20.  When you exit the baggage claim and go outside, go to the left if you are ordering a ride share.  The pickup area for uber/lyft is about 40-50 yards away.  Taxis also pull into that area.

On 12/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, Turtles06 said:

With only 1300 guests on board, there is no excuse for people to be crammed into the MDR — especially the two-tops that are not even an inch apart.

Did you ask for a distanced table and, if so, was your request granted?