Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

53 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

@Stealthdog We are docked now and ready to turn the Silhouette over to you. Have a great trip! 

We can highfive as you turn the ship over to me!  Let me know any recommendations you have.

Our checkin time is 1230.  We are going to uber/lyft from the hotel around 1130ish.

When we get on the ship, priorities will be:

1) 1st drink onboard

2) schedule specialty dining (we have 5 pack)

3) schedule spa (we still have about $750 obc)

4) check to see if we can rebook excursions for lower price.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

Did you ask for a distanced table and, if so, was your request granted?

Even with 1300 people on-board, if everyone wants to eat at 7:00 it's going to be difficult to get a distanced table.  Should Celebrity keep all of the surrounding tables empty while others are waiting to be seated and may not share your concerns?  Is it fair for you to really occupy 5 or 6 tables?  If someone wants to maintain a social distance, perhaps they should eat early or late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stealthdog said:

We can highfive as you turn the ship over to me!  Let me know any recommendations you have.

Our checkin time is 1230.  We are going to uber/lyft from the hotel around 1130ish.

When we get on the ship, priorities will be:

1) 1st drink onboard

2) schedule specialty dining (we have 5 pack)

3) schedule spa (we still have about $750 obc)

4) check to see if we can rebook excursions for lower price.

Cabins are ready by 1pm. If you board earlier, you can still go to your cabin and drop off your stuff. While there, Dial 7000 and take care of all your specialty dining reservations in one call. 

Enjoy!

I'd love to know how difficult it is to get the dinner times at the specialty restaurants once you are onboard when you have a package. I have booked three nights at specialty restaurants and when I tried to do it with a package I couldn't get good times but was able to by booking them without a package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stealthdog said:

we still have about $750 obc

How does everybody " seem " to get so much OBC ?? 

The most we ever received was a few $100 --- 

Is OBC " really " built into the price and a TA will take a bit off their commission to retain a customer ??

Come to think of it, OBC might be an excellent topic for discussion on CC and won't be as controversial as others . ( That could be a negative ) !!!

16 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

How does everybody " seem " to get so much OBC ?? 

The most we ever received was a few $100 --- 

Is OBC " really " built into the price and a TA will take a bit off their commission to retain a customer ??

Come to think of it, OBC might be an excellent topic for discussion on CC and won't be as controversial as others . ( That could be a negative ) !!!

We had about 5 sources of OBC:

AMEX platinum ($200)

Shareholder Benefits ($100 i think)

Booking onboard last cruise ($200 i think)

TA company corporate loyalty perk ($100)

TA OBC ($200) - our TA is family so gives us more OBC from his commission

Indulge package upgrade included $200 obc/passenger

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stealthdog said:

We had about 5 sources of OBC:

AMEX platinum ($200)

Shareholder Benefits ($100 i think)

Booking onboard last cruise ($200 i think)

TA company corporate loyalty perk ($100)

TA OBC ($200)

Indulge package upgrade included $200 obc/passenger

Just to be clear---

I hope my question ( comment ) didn't offend you ?

It was just a " general " question regarding OBC .

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

Just to be clear---

I hope my question ( comment ) didn't offend you ?

It was just a " general " question regarding OBC .

No worries.  Its a good topic because people probably leave OBC out there.  We try to leverage every possible OBC we can get.  We have 100 shares in all 3 cruise stocks.  Some lines we can get military OBC.  Always book thru a TA and they have promitional offers in addition to cruise line offering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would be interested to know the time evening show.  Formally they were 7 & 9, however, last month on the Apex the were 7:30 &9:30.   I will need to change dinner reservations on our Jan 24, 2022 sailing on the Silhouette.

4 minutes ago, scidee said:

I would be interested to know the time evening show.  Formally they were 7 & 9, however, last month on the Apex the were 7:30 &9:30.   I will need to change dinner reservations on our Jan 24, 2022 sailing on the Silhouette.

The past ten days, 7pm and 9pm.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dateacher said:

I'd love to know how difficult it is to get the dinner times at the specialty restaurants 

It was really easy.  Once you get on board, there is someone next to the photo shoot across from where you board the ship.  You can book all your dining there and we were able to get all the timeslots we wanted.

For boarding, it was really simple and quick.  The boarding time seems more like a recommendation - noone asked us our time.  We got there at 1130 (boarding time was 1230) and were on the ship by 1200.  Have your negative test, passport, and boarding pass handy and you move quick.  We were told that the ship was 1/3 capacity.

We were able to knock off all dining, spa, and excursion tasks quick.  When we went to excursion desk, they rebooked all of our excursions and credited back as OBC 30% off because of the current promotion 

Ship looks clean, sparse, and everyone is happy.  Waiting for sailaway after 4pm.

2 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

It was really easy.  Once you get on board, there is someone next to the photo shoot across from where you board the ship.  You can book all your dining there and we were able to get all the timeslots we wanted.

For boarding, it was really simple and quick.  The boarding time seems more like a recommendation - noone asked us our time.  We got there at 1130 (boarding time was 1230) and were on the ship by 1200.  Have your negative test, passport, and boarding pass handy and you move quick.  We were told that the ship was 1/3 capacity.

We were able to knock off all dining, spa, and excursion tasks quick.  When we went to excursion desk, they rebooked all of our excursions and credited back as OBC 30% off because of the current promotion 

Ship looks clean, sparse, and everyone is happy.  Waiting for sailaway after 4pm.

We'll be watching as you leave port.  Don't forget to wave.😃

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, cangelmd said:

Have a wonderful cruise, we will be on her in January. If you make it to World Class bar, I’d like to know who the bartenders are.

Bojana and Alexandra.  We didnt ask for permission to post pic, so leaving that off.  They are alot of fun though.  Partner got the Zacapa Above the Clouds, one of the smoky fun drinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lizabet623 said:

Ok help.  Why am I not getting notifications regarding people posting in this thread?  I have checked following and checked notify me...

Lots of people reporting that CC has been acting up lately, not able to like posts, not able to post at all, no notifications. Maybe unfollow and then re-follow might help.