Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

We are heading for Fort Lauderdale this weekend for the Silhouette sailing on Monday.  Ill be posting pictures of the ship, activities, menus, and others.  If anyone has any questions or want me to look into something on the ship, let me know.  We got the stream package so wifi shouldnt be a major issue.  

This will be our 3rd Celebrity sailing (Eclipse and Summit) and all have been in Aqua Class.  We have also sailed Norwegian, Royal, Disney, and Carnival.

Will start posting Monday when we get to the port.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your live updates Stealth dog I am sure you will have a wonderful time

Onboard , me and Mrs F done two cruises out of Southampton over last few months and

The ship was excellent.

All the best

Jim and Grace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

We got the stream package so wifi shouldnt be a major issue.  

We’re on the Silhouette right now (December 3-13).  I have the Stream package. It’s slow and unreliable. 🤣  Hope you have better luck! 

BTW, only 1300 pax on board now (about 45% capacity), which is great. Staff and crew really friendly, doing everything they can, except they aren’t following the Health and Safety protocols spelled out on Celebrity’s web site, which is a disappointment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Staff and crew really friendly, doing everything they can, except they aren’t following the Health and Safety protocols spelled out on Celebrity’s web site, which is a disappointment. 

Do you mean they aren’t wearing their masks? 
Or, are they not asking passengers to conform to the protocols?

• Thanks 1

We’re on the Silhouette right now (December 3-13).  I have the Stream package. It’s slow and unreliable. 🤣  Hope you have better luck! 

BTW, only 1300 pax on board now (about 45% capacity), which is great. Staff and crew really friendly, doing everything they can, except they aren’t following the Health and Safety protocols spelled out on Celebrity’s web site, which is a disappointment. 

This is not the experience we are having on Reflection.  The crew is not only masked but in almost every case, everyone we have interfaced with are double masked. 

Which  specific protocols are you concerned that they are not following? 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.   Really looking forward to following along and hearing and seeing the Silhouette.      Our next cruise will be on her and I'm sure your pictures will make the time go by much faster.

Jim

• Like 1

We were on her in September, loved her…

Highlights included

The wonderful staff

The super redesigned seating areas around the sunset bar/lawn area

The Porch for a leisurely lunch

Murano for a special occasion

Tuscan for the views when leaving a port

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Do you mean they aren’t wearing their masks? 
Or, are they not asking passengers to conform to the protocols?

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This is not the experience we are having on Reflection.  The crew is not only masked but in almost every case, everyone we have interfaced with are double masked. 

Which  specific protocols are you concerned that they are not following? 

Every day, we see numerous crew members in public venues serving food or drinks, talking to guests, walking through the stateroom passageways, etc., with their masks pulled below their noses or their chins.  I have spoken with someone about this. So far, the powers that be do not seem to care.

There are a handful of young children on board. I’ve never seen them masked. 

There is no social distancing in the MDR, the theatre, or the elevators, despite what it says on Celebrity’s website.  With only 1300 guests on board, there is no excuse for people to be crammed into the MDR — especially the two-tops that are not even an inch apart. 

I find this very disappointing. 

• Thanks 1

Every day, we see numerous crew members in public venues serving food or drinks, talking to guests, walking through the stateroom passageways, etc., with their masks pulled below their noses or their chins.  I have spoken with someone about this. So far, the powers that be do not seem to care.

There is no social distancing in the MDR, the theatre, or the elevators, despite what it says on Celebrity’s website.  With only 1300 guests on board, there is no excuse for people to be crammed into the MDR — especially the two-tops that are not even an inch apart. 

I can see your point.  I also share your concern but again that is not what we have witnessed. On the rare occasion I have seen a crewmember with their mask on incorrectly they have fixed it whenever a passenger approached them. 

we have not visited the MDR or Blu but there id 3-4 feet separation between tables in Luminae and that was also the case last night in Tuscan.  In fact we have been seated at the same table for every meal in Luminae and the table next to ours has not had anyone seated at it. 

12 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

We are heading for Fort Lauderdale this weekend for the Silhouette sailing on Monday.  Ill be posting pictures of the ship, activities, menus, and others.  If anyone has any questions or want me to look into something on the ship, let me know.  We got the stream package so wifi shouldnt be a major issue.  

This will be our 3rd Celebrity sailing (Eclipse and Summit) and all have been in Aqua Class.  We have also sailed Norwegian, Royal, Disney, and Carnival.

Will start posting Monday when we get to the port.

So happy for you! Have a great time. We board January 24, also in Aqua class. Love the Silhouette!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I think it might be advisable to fill out the attention to detail form noting it and also put in your review.   My understanding is that Miami sees the Survey. 

This is not what I experienced on Solstice and Millennium.  

12 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There is no social distancing in the MDR, the theatre, or the elevators, despite what it says on Celebrity’s website

Are the elevators no longer marked with a sign saying only 4 people or 4 X's on the floor?

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

Are the elevators no longer marked with a sign saying only 4 people or 4 X's on the floor?

No signs anywhere. The other day, when my wife and I returned from a shorex and got on an empty elevator, another guest came on behind us and tried to hold the door open for a zillion other people. My wife politely said to him “four people max for safety” and he looked at us like we were crazy. 

Except for the “covid theatre” of crew wearing masks (often incorrectly), it’s as though the Silhouette has decided the pandemic is over. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

No signs anywhere. The other day, when my wife and I returned from a shorex and got on an empty elevator, another guest came on behind us and tried to hold the door open for a zillion other people. My wife politely said to him “four people max for safety” and he looked at us like we were crazy. 

Except for the “covid theatre” of crew wearing masks (often incorrectly), it’s as though the Silhouette has decided the pandemic is over. 

So do you expect the crew to wear masks and social distance 24 hours a day and yet passengers do not have to wear them except when embarking or disembarking?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

So do you expect the crew to wear masks and social distance 24 hours a day and yet passengers do not have to wear them except when embarking or disembarking?

Crew mask wearing Celebrity's policy and what I experienced on the Millennium and the Edge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It IS, that’s why we’re sailing the Silhouette.

• Like 1

Sounds like inconsistency throughout the fleet re social distancing, wearing of masks, elevator maximums, and(  I'm guessing ) quite a few verbal conflicts amongst passengers. 

Also, as we've noticed during past cruises, Staff are reluctant to enforce the cruise line's rules for fear of being reported and having to defend their actions.

I'm not very confident that there is a comfortable atmosphere on board and many passengers are on edge as opposed to being on the Edge. 

I hope I'm wrong and would appreciate comments confirming this before we book.

Have a great cruise on great ship.

7 hours ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Please don’t put words in my mouth. When crew are *at work,* it is Celebrity’s policy, clearly stated on their web site, that they be masked.  Along with a number of other clearly stated policies providing for social distancing of guests in dining venues and elsewhere that are being ignored by the powers that be on the Silhouette. I am reporting what I have personally observed and experienced this week.  Folks may or may not be comfortable with what’s going on, but those are the facts. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

They managed it in UK.

The only place that passengers wern’t expected to wear masks, was when they were drinking and eating.

We were on the 11N Silhouette that sailed Nov 22-Dec 3 and I would say 99% of the crew wore masks and wore them properly. The couple that did not typically pulled them up when we walked past them. There was no enforced social distancing, but there were less than 15 kids on the cruise with everyone doing covid testing before the cruise it was much less of a concern over all. We also only had 1036 passengers on board so we could easily stay away from others if we needed. That said, my wife did end up getting a nasty cold from someone on the cruise (she is pretty sure it was someone sitting behind her during a show as she could feel that person's cough on her head throughout the performance).