Why do so many not like Caribbean night?

sunflower1972

We have just returned home from the Sun Princess and do plan on posting a review but I have a quick question. So many posters say they don't like the caribbean night menu.....for us it was one of our favorite meals when away:) Why do so many of you dislike it....I'm just curious, not trying to be rude:) My DH had the blackened chicken, and I had the pork and both meals were amazing.......

Just curious.......?

SF

I'm not sure why people here have posted that they don't like the Caribbean menu either. I have enjoyed it the several times I have had it. In particular I remember really liking the Grenada which is a seafood stew as well as the St. Barts which is the Rack of Pork. I wouldn't miss this at least without trying it out once.

Last month on Sea they were running out af steaks in the dining rooms on Caribbean night.Next to Continental night(previously French night) it is the worst menu Princess has.We go to Sterling or Sabatinis for both these nights.Just our tastes!

I imagine it all comes down to personal taste:) We loved the menu for this night, yet found the Italian night to be the worst for us personally.....and most people like that night:) As for the Continental it did not appeal to us at all and we ate at Verdi's that night.

Thanks all for your responces. I'm glad we followed our own instincts and gave it a try.

SF

Personally I think it's one of the best menus and don't understand why people dislike it so much. I'm not wild about most of Princess' dinner menus and find a lot of their food to be on the general and bland side whereas I enjoy eating different ethnic foods. The food on Caribbean night isn't exactly like being on the island but it is Princess' take on it and we enjoy it.

I have never experienced Caribbean Night on the Sun, but I have on other Princess ships, and while I certainly have never found anything to complain about in regards to the food, I would say that Caribbean night is my least favorite.

(Here is the link to the caribbean night menu on the CB: http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/caribnightA.html )

My guess would be, after looking at the menu, that a lot of people might not like it since there is a lot of sea food on the menu. Basically, you are pretty limited on what you order for the entire meal if you don't like sea food, which I don't. Not a big lamb eater either, but would at least try the port since so many people said it was so good!

I have never experienced Caribbean Night on the Sun, but I have on other Princess ships, and while I certainly have never found anything to complain about in regards to the food, I would say that Caribbean night is my least favorite.

(Here is the link to the caribbean night menu on the CB: http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/caribnightA.html )

thanks for the link, I think it sounds great! We're booked in for Anytime Dining...I assume the menu is all the same right? Can you tell we've never cruised before?:)

At first I thought we would skip Caribbean night, and opt to eat at one of the specialty restaurants. However, I have read the menu, and it sounds pretty good! In fact, the Italian night sounds less appealing to me out of all the menus, and I LOVE italian!

On the CB does the cafe caribe also serve the same thing as the dining room on "Caribbean Night? Or is something else available?

Trying to decide whether we'll do Sterlings or Cafe Caribe (the menu for the dining room isn't that appealing to us).

Food, like anything else varies with everyone's taste. Things that I think are different and worth trying, someone else may never think of trying. That's the nice thing about a cruise, you can get a chance to try different foods and if you find you really don't care for something, you can order something different. I always considered myself a picky eater, but ended up drying a lot of different foods on cruises and found out that they were pretty good. DH is a steak and potatoes man and he has tried things on the menu that I thought he would never eat! Now his tastes have really expanded (along with his waist!) :D

Archived