Videos from Regent Splendor - December 8th Cruise

dvalentine823

16 hours ago, dvalentine823 said:

I don't want to annoy people on the board, so please subscribe to keep up to date with the postings

Daren, we're enjoying these as well.  Thanks so much for making these available to all.  We really appreciate the obvious time and effort that has gone into these informative videos.  Splendor seems quite similar to the Explorer which we've been on a few times, just a bit more toned down.  Seeing the Regent restaurants again made us look forward even more to our next cruise in June 2022 - fingers crossed.  Thank you to yourself and Johnetta🙂.

I too am enjoying your videos. We sail on Splendor on Feb 3 and seeing you at the various dining options and seeing others enjoying their meal is so exciting. It has been way too long since our last regent cruise and this just ups the excitement factor of how wonderful cruising is. I love seeing your reaction to the various dishes (and taking notes on what to second guess before ordering). 

Interesting that you chose to wear masks while outside in San Juan. Given the harsh 10 day quarantine (vs the 5 day notice from the CDC) if you test positive this is a good call. I think we will do this also. 

4 hours ago, macbest said:

I too am enjoying your videos. We sail on Splendor on Feb 3 and seeing you at the various dining options and seeing others enjoying their meal is so exciting. It has been way too long since our last regent cruise and this just ups the excitement factor of how wonderful cruising is. I love seeing your reaction to the various dishes (and taking notes on what to second guess before ordering). 

Interesting that you chose to wear masks while outside in San Juan. Given the harsh 10 day quarantine (vs the 5 day notice from the CDC) if you test positive this is a good call. I think we will do this also. 

In Puerto Rico, masks are required even when outdoors, at least that was our impression. I am 99% sure that there is a $500 fine if violated.

Also enjoying the videos and appreciate your efforts in doing them.

We love cruising but cannot at present partly because our govt has still maintained a cruise ban for Australia.

We  could travel overseas to join a cruise if we could find one we liked with a suitable vacancy but have not found one yet.

Meanwhile we can travel vicariously via videos like yours. Well done and thank you. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for going to this trouble.  The ship does look lovely, and you've been very thorough.  Your 'grand' stateroom also looks amazing, although it would be nice to see shots of some of the more standard ones.  We hope to be aboard in July, in a lowly F2. Perhaps someone else aboard can post some pix.

1 hour ago, dvalentine823 said:

You're welcome. Enjoy!!

Daren

Daren, we are truly enjoying your videos and reviews!  We will be on the Splendor in October 2022.

We did laugh with your comments on the Jerk Sauce....... Sounds wonderful!

Hope to run into you both on a future cruise.

Mike and Pat

Daren, another enjoyable video.  And we agree that the steaks we buy at Costco and prepare and cook ourselves are better than Prime 7 - and we're in Australia where the meat is graded differently to the USA, but the quality is the same.🥩😎

1 hour ago, Catpow said:

Daren, another enjoyable video.  And we agree that the steaks we buy at Costco and prepare and cook ourselves are better than Prime 7 - and we're in Australia where the meat is graded differently to the USA, but the quality is the same.🥩😎

I think the key mistake is that they just butchered them way too thin. Johnetta's tenderloin was about 3/4 inch while mine was about a 1/2 inch. Triple that thickness for both of us would have been ideal!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Boats07 said:

Daren, we are truly enjoying your videos and reviews!  We will be on the Splendor in October 2022.

We did laugh with your comments on the Jerk Sauce....... Sounds wonderful!

Hope to run into you both on a future cruise.

Mike and Pat

Whenever we go to place that caters to tourists, we always make sure to tell them to spice it up a bit more. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dvalentine823 said:

I think the key mistake is that they just butchered them way too thin. Johnetta's tenderloin was about 3/4 inch while mine was about a 1/2 inch. Triple that thickness for both of us would have been ideal!

I think the problem is more problematic. We and others on our November 15 Explorer cruise experienced poor ribeye steaks. I love ribeyes but mine was like shoe leather; it was certainly not prime. It was not even choice. They need to dump the lot of their ribeyes on their butcher’s doorstep and get their money back! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turn 8A said:

I think the problem is more problematic. We and others on our November 15 Explorer cruise experienced poor ribeye steaks. I love ribeyes but mine was like shoe leather; it was certainly not prime. It was not even choice. They need to dump the lot of their ribeyes on their butcher’s doorstep and get their money back! 

The “problem is more problematic?” Jeez! I need to read my posts before submitting them! 

Hello Daren and Johnetta,

Thank you for posting Day 6 and for including the brief footage from the Museum of Antigua and Barbuda on the slave trade and the emancipation of slaves on the island.  We really appreciate how you and Johnetta keep it real.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Snackdaddy said:

Hello Daren and Johnetta,

Thank you for posting Day 6 and for including the brief footage from the Museum of Antigua and Barbuda on the slave trade and the emancipation of slaves on the island.  We really appreciate how you and Johnetta keep it real.

Thanks for watching! Make sure you subscribe. We have a long European/Baltic back-to-back coming up in August on Voyager. This assumes that the situation with Russia de-escalates!

• Like 1