Videos from Regent Splendor - December 8th Cruise

dvalentine823

Hello everyone,

Cruise was great! And I only put on 4 pounds.

The first video from the cruise has been posted to our channel. Search YouTube for:

Travels with Daren and Johnetta; or

Regent Splendor

and you should be able to find the video. They take awhile to put together, so I will post each Saturday until I get through the 9 days of footage. So subscribe ad hit the notification bell.  I would post the actual link, but for some reason when I do, my posts never see the light of day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

Great first video.  Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to post these.  I now remember what I want for lunch as soon as we board for our April cruise!!

Or you can just go with my strategy of putting everything I can fit on my plate. Then I pick and choose as I taste! But seriously, all of the food was really good. One disappointment was Prime 7, which I think we visited on the fourth night. That was just mediocre!

2 hours ago, boblerm said:

Darren and Johnetta,

Thanks so much for sharing your videos, walking on board the ship with you was thrilling!

Here is the link

Bob

Hi  

My wife and I are frequent Regent cruisers and are booked on the Splendor for April and May 2022

Your video is  best post I haver ever seen on Cruise Critic looking foreward for the rest

Hope we can meet on board someday love to have dinner with you and the Mrs

Stay Safe
etual324@aol.com

49 minutes ago, etual324 said:

Hi  

My wife and I are frequent Regent cruisers and are booked on the Splendor for April and May 2022

Your video is  best post I haver ever seen on Cruise Critic looking foreward for the rest

Hope we can meet on board someday love to have dinner with you and the Mrs

Stay Safe
etual324@aol.com

Glad you enjoyed the video!

J and I are booked on back to back segments in August on Voyager, going from Copenhagen to London to Amsterdam (22 nights). After that, who knows! 

• Like 1

Can’t view / play  the UK channel 5 documentary ( broadcast December 24) on our Christmas Splendor cruise here in the US. 
Has anyone had successfully viewed it in the US ? Please link below. 
thanks & Merry Christmas 🎄🎁🎅

Karen 

We are enjoying the videos.  We will be on Splendor in January, and it is such a treat to see the ship and the amenities it offers.  On a practical side, I found the whole notion of having the Covid tests at the port a bit daunting.  What we saw on your video allayed my fears and made me feel much calmer about that aspect of the trip, so thank you for that.

I am so looking forward to afternoon tea on board Splendor!

I too enjoyed your videos. We are on the Feb 3rd sailing. The ship is gorgeous throughout. Your suite looked amazing. What surprised me is it appeared you help yourself at the buffets. I know the mass cruise lines they have someone there to do that for you. I like the self service. I want a little bit of this and a little bit of that……

These videos are so much better than the tv programme that was on over Christmas; “The World’s most expensive Christmas cruise”. That programme showed very little of the ship, food shown was mostly party canapés so I am learning way more from Darren and Johnetta.

keep them coming, please!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, ysolde said:

We are enjoying the videos.  We will be on Splendor in January, and it is such a treat to see the ship and the amenities it offers.  On a practical side, I found the whole notion of having the Covid tests at the port a bit daunting.  What we saw on your video allayed my fears and made me feel much calmer about that aspect of the trip, so thank you for that.

I am so looking forward to afternoon tea on board Splendor!

One caveat that was not fully shown in the video....we were booked in a Splendor suite, so we had early priority boarding at 11:30. While we were eating lunch at La Veranda, we did look out the window and saw a long line waiting to enter the testing tent. From later conversations, we learned that those boarding later in the day (say starting at 1:00 pm) were waiting around 2 hours or so.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, Kristal Blade said:

These videos are so much better than the tv programme that was on over Christmas; “The World’s most expensive Christmas cruise”. That programme showed very little of the ship, food shown was mostly party canapés so I am learning way more from Darren and Johnetta.

keep them coming, please!

Will do!