Princess cruise Feb 2022 - Cancel for any reason with Princess' Vacation Protection insurance - FCC good how long?

PaperSniper4

10 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I checked Princess.com today, and the FCC for 28Feb2022 cruise I canceled 12/24/2021 using our PVP insurance is now showing. I don't understand the dollar amount, and the expiration date is as I feared, 31Dec2022, not 2023 as my TA informed me earlier. Probably just a simply error on the TA's side, but not matter....except for the dollar amount, I am curious what that represents. My non-refundable deposit was $200 for our cabin, and our insurance cost was $279.84....not sure what the $239.92 is:

Princess FCC for CNLD Grand Princess Feb 2022 REDACTED.jpg

I just had some more fcc’s posted tonight, so check yours again too.

I have to sit down tmrw and try to sort these out. Lol

Did you figure yours out?

We cancelled two cruises, DW and me plus DD and Granddaughter, on Monday Jan 10 and saw one refund to credit card on Fri Jan 14. No FCC but not surprising. I paid for both cruises so at this point do not know which cruise refund is from and the $ amount does not give any clue. It is strange that FCC can take some time to appear. Once refund is calculated Princess must know what the FCC is.

31 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We cancelled two cruises, DW and me plus DD and Granddaughter, on Monday Jan 10 and saw one refund to credit card on Fri Jan 14. No FCC but not surprising. I paid for both cruises so at this point do not know which cruise refund is from and the $ amount does not give any clue. It is strange that FCC can take some time to appear. Once refund is calculated Princess must know what the FCC is.

Different people, different departments. I’m glad the cash is done right away. 

19 hours ago, MOLAcruiser said:

Check your credit card statement. I also wondered about the odd amount in my FCC account, then a few days later I happened to notice that I’d missed seeing a refund of the Government tax portion of my payment on my credit card. Now every single dollar I paid has been refunded either as FCC or as a credit card refund.

If this is directed to me, I will check my cc. I did receive about 90% of my cruise's cost a few days after canceling right around Christmas 2021; it showed on my cc balance. I just checked again to see if perhaps there is a smaller refund now for the tax, but apparently my cc company is down for maintenance; Sunday morning. I'll check in a few days. But if the tax was included in the large refund I also saw I'd not know it.

Doug

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I just had some more fcc’s posted tonight, so check yours again too.

I have to sit down tmrw and try to sort these out. Lol

Did you figure yours out?

I'll keep checking Princess for additional FCC and my credit card for additional refunds. I just tried my CC but it's apparently down for maintenance. Just checked Princess.com and no change, still $239.

To be honest I did not expect to have the PVP insurance cost refunded. I had hoped to have the non-refundable deposit refunded, and it may have been part of the money that was to my credit card. I have no idea what the $239 represents. That's not the cost of the insurance, the non-refundable deposit nor the cost of "taxes and fees" listed on my cruise invoice; nor any combination of those.

Princess will likely make out in my case. My $239 FCC is not much inducement to try to book another cruise in 2022. I have trips and cruises already on our schedule, and it would be very difficult to fit in another cruise. Cruising has additional airfare and hotel expensive for us UNLESS it's out of NOLA, which is a day's drive for us. But no cruises form NOLA for Princess, only CCL, NCL and sometimes RCI. Besides, I'd be spending $3000+ to use that $239; not so sure of the economics there! It would be nice if Princess decides to extend the expiration date well into 2023; otherwise looks like it won't be used by us....and by "us" I mean a LOT of us in general!😳

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I checked Princess.com today, and the FCC for 28Feb2022 cruise I canceled 12/24/2021 using our PVP insurance is now showing. I don't understand the dollar amount, and the expiration date is as I feared, 31Dec2022, not 2023 as my TA informed me earlier. Probably just a simply error on the TA's side, but not matter....except for the dollar amount, I am curious what that represents. My non-refundable deposit was $200 for our cabin, and our insurance cost was $279.84....not sure what the $239.92 is:

The amounts you are expecting is double what shows on your account.  Check the FCCs for the other passenger in your cabin and add that to what is in your account - you'll find that you have FCCs for the entire amount you expected.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug, Have you tried live chat to see if they could explain your FCC?  Someone just posted they got through quickly and they were very helpful.  Not sure it will help, but worth a try?

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The amounts you are expecting is double what shows on your account.  Check the FCCs for the other passenger in your cabin and add that to what is in your account - you'll find that you have FCCs for the entire amount you expected.

Well sonofagun, yep, if I double the amount showing it is EXACTLY the amount I was told by my TA. It never occurred to me that the FCC showing was just for me and my wife would have a similar amount.

Mystery Solved! Those bird mamas in Arizona are smart people!😉

Thanks!

Doug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Doug, Have you tried live chat to see if they could explain your FCC?  Someone just posted they got through quickly and they were very helpful.  Not sure it will help, but worth a try?

No, but AZ Bird Mom's post above solved the problem; if I double the FCC amount showing it is the amount my TA said would be in the FCC. So what was refunded to the cc and is in my FCC totals to the penny what I paid for the cruise. I still have the problem of using that FCC however, but that's another story!

Doug

Doug

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Happy to help!  I learned that little trick quite some time ago.  It doesn't matter who pays, each passenger gets half of the total FCC.

I tried to find her FCC credit via my Princess account; we don't have a separate Princess account for her as far as we know. Any idea how I can verify her FCC amount?

A little bit ago I asked my TA to call Princess next week, and also ask about the December 2023 expiration date which he said we had.....no idea if that was just his error or someone at Princess told him that. My Princess record does show December 2022.

Ain't this fun? Glad I do not work as a TA or for the cruise line right now.......having 100 shares of CCL is scary enough! Oh, the ups and downs!😲

Doug

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I tried to find her FCC credit via my Princess account; we don't have a separate Princess account for her as far as we know. Any idea how I can verify her FCC amount?

A little bit ago I asked my TA to call Princess next week, and also ask about the December 2023 expiration date which he said we had.....no idea if that was just his error or someone at Princess told him that. My Princess record does show December 2022.

Ain't this fun? Glad I do not work as a TA or for the cruise line right now.......having 100 shares of CCL is scary enough! Oh, the ups and downs!😲

Doug

You can create an account for her.  Or you can call Princess and ask them what they show as her FCCs.  You might be on hold for a while.

As for the date, if it's a cancellation under Cruise / Book with Confidence, they have been sticking to the December 2022 expiration.  Here's the latest on the Princess website.

image.png.1840ea98fc6384efebe46e104cfb0bb6.png

18 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

I’m so happy you have an answer. Thought you were aware of that.

26 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You can create an account for her.  Or you can call Princess and ask them what they show as her FCCs.  You might be on hold for a while.

As for the date, if it's a cancellation under Cruise / Book with Confidence, they have been sticking to the December 2022 expiration.  Here's the latest on the Princess website.

I found my wife's Captains Circle number and created an account for her. Yep, the total FCC I was told I'd get is now there; half on my record, half on Kathy's.

Sure would be nice to get an extension for using the FCC. Gonna be tough for me and a LOT of other people to use it this year. My TA will call next week.....

Doug

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m so happy you have an answer. Thought you were aware of that.

Me too, very happy!

I was not aware of the two records at Princess, never had something like this happen. The obvious often escapes me!😳

Doug

34 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We canceled using our PVP insurance, not the BWC. I have no idea if that makes any difference with the expiration date. I have not been able to find anything in the insurance saying what the expiration date would be for FCCs. My TA will check on that next week. When I hear something I will post it here.

Doug

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We canceled using our PVP insurance, not the BWC. I have no idea if that makes any difference with the expiration date. I have not been able to find anything in the insurance saying what the expiration date would be for FCCs. My TA will check on that next week. When I hear something I will post it here.

Doug

I think FCC under PVP is a year from cancellation date.

16 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I think FCC under PVP is a year from cancellation date.

My friend, that is what my TA thinks also, but on the Princess record it shows 2022 for both my wife and me. I am hoping that you and my TA are correct, and it's a glitch on Princess' part. My TA will hopefully get it corrected today. I wish I could find the expiration date someplace in my PVP document, but I have not been able to do so.

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

My friend, that is what my TA thinks also, but on the Princess record it shows 2022 for both my wife and me. I am hoping that you and my TA are correct, and it's a glitch on Princess' part. My TA will hopefully get it corrected today. I wish I could find the expiration date someplace in my PVP document, but I have not been able to do so.

Doug

The fact that you got your PVP premium credited back as FCC tells me that you didn't get a payment under the insurance.  There's also the labeling of your FCCs as "Cruise With Confidence" which must be used by 12/31/22.  Finally there's this language in the Book with Confidence section of the Princess website that shows when PVP pays:

image.thumb.png.debfc6b010cd5e7a8e43d7f3ae682873.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, crimsonbird said:

No paperwork yet but if its cruise with confidence...the insurance was not used.  I was told by Princess that it is refundable..but not if you go thru the insurance for a refund or for fcc.  So we opted to not wait and canceled outside the 30 days.   Sounds logical

Do you need to provide a reason for cancellation?  If so, what are acceptable reasons?  Also, please let us know (when you know) if you got your insurance payment back?
Thanks!

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The fact that you got your PVP premium credited back as FCC tells me that you didn't get a payment under the insurance.  There's also the labeling of your FCCs as "Cruise With Confidence" which must be used by 12/31/22.  Finally there's this language in the Book with Confidence section of the Princess website that shows when PVP pays:

image.thumb.png.debfc6b010cd5e7a8e43d7f3ae682873.png

I appreciate your help, but I'm confused! 😳Hopefully my TA can get it all straightened out with Princess (and with me). It probably is a mute point anyway. I can't fit another cruise in now....but could in 2023...maybe.  Honestly, I was not even aware of that CWC part when I booked my cruise about a year ago. I got the Princess PVP insurance because it sounded like a good idea because of the cancel for any reason clause.

It's getting so we all have to hire an attorney to look over our cruise documents! And I am definitely not an attorney!😉

Doug

8 hours ago, jeno said:

Wish that would have been the case when we could still cancel. 

I just looked this up. So now FCC can be extended if you cancel with confidence. Does this include FCC earned in March 2022?