Ability to book shore excursions disappeared

Presto2

Am guessing this is Covid related --- or, knowing P&O website related --- but we have just been checking out shore excursions for the cruises we have booked next year. They have been available to review for about 12 months for the August cruise and have had a look at them a number of times. Now there is not a sign of them and the following message comes up which makes no sense at all as one of the cruises is May.

Shore experiences aren’t yet available for this destination

Experiences will become available for booking 365 days before your departure date. Please check here again soon.

PS Tell a lie, they have appeared under the section for meals. They now say please enquire onboard --- is this new policy or are they full already. Really don't fancy going and not having anything booked if we can't get off without one. The more I see the more twitchy I am getting

Peeps have been reporting all sorts of wierd faults with the web-sites today - sounds like a systems failure so hopefully it will right itself in a day or two.

I won't even bother to check mine out for the moment - there is enough grief about already!

11 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

Peeps have been reporting all sorts of wierd faults with the web-sites today - sounds like a systems failure so hopefully it will right itself in a day or two.

I won't even bother to check mine out for the moment - there is enough grief about already!

Thanks - am trying to get excited and in the mood for the cruise, but sadly I am not managing that at all. Have 3 booked and just can't get excited about any of them. 😞

I was logged into my P&O yesterday and tried to look at the information required for booking in on line. Clicked on it and was again asked to fill in my information - my Booking Number, Name and DOB and was told they informed they don't reckonise this guest.😕

52 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I just tried to loook at my booked excursions for a May cruise on my normal browser (Edge I think) but nothing showed up so I tried Chrome instead and that's all working fine, I can see my booked excursions and others to book.

Just had another look at our February cruise.  Itinery and shore excursions all showing up again. 

Good job I booked the NASA trip early.  It's showing as sold out.  I suppose that means that there will be at least a coach load of passengers on the ship 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Me again. Three nights ago I enjoyed looking at excursions for our cruise in late August. Even put 2 in our 'basket'. 

Returned last night and it now says that excursions can not be booked at the cruise is too far away and when I clicked on my basket it emptied itself and there is no sign that Monday evening ever happened.

Its like being in the Twilight Zone !

Edited by Presto2

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

We booked 3 excursions for our October cruise, we must be the lucky ones for a change

Well, after many attempts (and 2 stroppy messages to P&O) our basket reappeared and we booked them before they disappeared again.

I do think the issue needs sorting and is more to do with their IT department. 🥴

Having said that, it felt good to book some excursions for a cruise --- its been a long time ...

Well tonight I had a look again and could not access any excursions at all --said they were not available. Hubby on Microsoft Edge the same on another laptop could. He them told me to try Google Chrome and hey Presto (if you excuse that link) it worked for me.

So, if you can't book excursions etc  yet or nothing is showing try changing your web browser..... it may help

Also had disappearing trips a couple of days ago for an Aurora cruise this June/July. They seem to be back now so I was thinking of booking a couple but I cannot find any relevant booking conditions. Can anyone please tell me if there is a penalty should we want to cancel or change a pre-booked & paid for excursion. Many thanks.

54 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Also had disappearing trips a couple of days ago for an Aurora cruise this June/July. They seem to be back now so I was thinking of booking a couple but I cannot find any relevant booking conditions. Can anyone please tell me if there is a penalty should we want to cancel or change a pre-booked & paid for excursion. Many thanks.

Previous cruises you could  cancel trips with no penalty at any time even up to 24 hours before the trip departs.
not sure if it’s changed - but I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

We booked and then cancelled a couple of trips on our upcoming cruise , one which we booked incorrectly and the other following information from a cc member and the money was paid back in a few days and no penalty ,quite impressed with the speed it was done tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, paulatsea said:

Previous cruises you could  cancel trips with no penalty at any time even up to 24 hours before the trip departs.
not sure if it’s changed - but I doubt it.

I think you can do it on the excursions website (- you can on Marella FYI )

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, Presto2 said:

Well tonight I had a look again and could not access any excursions at all --said they were not available. Hubby on Microsoft Edge the same on another laptop could. He them told me to try Google Chrome and hey Presto (if you excuse that link) it worked for me.

So, if you can't book excursions etc  yet or nothing is showing try changing your web browser..... it may help

You sound like me - constantly checking!! 😊 I’ve got a short cruise on Britannia in April and in the past the Limelight club was available to book 90 days before  but we’re on 70 something days now and nothing! Excursions have been there since I booked but I don’t think I’m going to book one. All restaurants say ‘coming soon’.

Only just starting to really think about it now and maybe shoe shopping tomorrow 😉 Booked my Premier Inn for the night before a couple of months  ago as the price was good - fully refundable so I can cancel if needed!

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 10:48 AM, Astrajet said:

During the booking process, the terms & conditions became available!  Just couldn't find them beforehand!  Thanks again.

I can confirm excursions are easily and quickly refunded if you need to cancel. No problem.

• Thanks 1