Emerald Princess On Board 12.29 Sailing.

misguy

My wife and I are on the Emerald Princess  The ship arrived late into FLL because of delays caused by high winds in Jamiaca, the ship was very late leaving Jamaica and so it arrived late into FLL which delayed boarding.  We received an email telling us that our 11:30 boarding time was moved to 2:00 PM.  My wife travels in a wheelchair, and we arrived at the port earlier than scheduled, about 1:00 PM, that was the shuttle schedule we had paid for.  

When we arrived at the port, we checked bags and were processed through security and check-in very quickly.  They stopped letting people through security right after we entered.  When we went upstairs, we understood why, the passenger waiting area was packed.  I am elite with Princess, so we were taken to the elite lounge which was not very crowded and shortly after 2 PM they started boarding.  

The cabins were not ready, and the ship was bunkering fuel, it would be after 7 PM before we left the port.  We waited in the Piazza for our rooms, getting a quick bite from the international café.  We listened to a wonderful duo on violins.  Here is a short video showing their playing. 

https://youtu.be/doDble4Cw1U

We ate dinner in Sabatini's which was very good, and then we called it a night, we had arrived in FLL at 1:30 AM and got to our room about 3:00 AM.3

• Like 1

Anxious to hear how things are on board as we are scheduled for 8 Jan and with the recent rise in virus numbers and all ships showing yellow on the CDC chart don't know whether to pull the plug on this cruise and just wait for the next one we have booked on the 18th or even the one after on the 28th.  

23 minutes ago, misguy said:

We are at Grand Turk, we just went out to the taxi stand and caught a cab and they gave us a tour.  Went early to avoid the heat.  Island is beautiful and the people friendly.

head down the beach to "Jack's Shack" - get out of the crowd at the cruise port

• Like 1

14 hours ago, misguy said:
We are going to be live from the Emerald Princess this evening 12.31 @ 9:00 PM EST. We will be answering questions.

sorry i missed that ... was there a HAL ship also in port yesterday ( 12/31 ) ? - someone had previously reported on a Roll Call that Grand Turk was only accepting one cruise ship at a time

Today is day four, which is a sea day.  The wind is about 40-50 MPH so the ship is moving some.  It is not enough to bother us and we have had a nice but a slow day.  Cheryl is taking a drawing class and the instructor is doing a good job of helping her learn to draw faces.  

We ate lunch in the MDR, and dinner tonight was at the Crown Grill. the food was excellent, pictures and a full review coming in a video.  I am attaching the menu.  

Crown Grille Menu.pdf

• Like 2

Today is day 5 and we are in Cartagena, We got off early and visited the aviary that is in the port and that is well worth the time.  We got off early while it was cool and were back on about 8:30.  Now we are just chilling on the ship.

Here is a photo of a peacock strutting.

P1100183.JPG

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, misguy said:

Today is day 5 and we are in Cartagena, We got off early and visited the aviary that is in the port and that is well worth the time.  We got off early while it was cool and were back on about 8:30.  Now we are just chilling on the ship.

Here is a photo of a peacock strutting.

P1100183.JPG

Thank you for the updates.  How is the weather in the ports and the temperature on the ship?  Going at the end of January, so excited!