Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

12 hours ago, WRENCHITX2 said:

can anyone comment on booking a covid test on the dock in southampton,, what is the procedure? we are on the 8/25/2022 sailing and we will be in England 5 days before boarding.

Can I suggest you ask the question on the Ports of Call section as well. Dock testing has virtually stopped at Southampton port.

Where will you be in the three days prior to boarding ? Lots of chemists will carry out tests, but you will need to book in advance.

12 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Exactly!

As a sage here said, some people have built themselves a covid prison, are two years into their sentence, and afraid to breakout.

I do not mean to butt in to this conversation, but I thought I would add that my Husband and I, and my Mother-in-Law, have just got off Enchanted in the UK and we all currently have Covid.

We have all had the original two vaccinations, plus one booster for myself and my Husband, and my Mother-in-Law has had two boosters.  My M-i-L hardly has any symptoms (she has had Covid previously) my Husband has had a few symptoms (slightly sore throat, loss of taste and more mucus in his head) I've had it the worst with 'bad cold' symptoms - coughing, sneezing, loss of taste, dry mouth, but no sore throat or headache).

Frankly it is a bad cold for most people and, as some sensible person has already said, it is a virus and will never go away.

Both P&O UK and Cunard have now said they do not need a certificate for passengers to get on board in the UK, and they only need a passenger to confirm verbally they have had a test.

Cruise companies are going to suffer terribly if they do not all change to this way of thinking.

If people wish to carry on testing themselves that is up to them, but most people simply want to get back to normal.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Billish said:

And the test must, naturally, be negative !

Oh course! 😁

Not sure if everyone will be honest about it though. Probably about as honest as saying they were fine when answering regarding the health declaration....... 🫤

I've just discovered that Princess require another Covid booster if our last one was more than 270 days before the cruise.  Here in the UK we cannot get another booster until later in the year so what are we supposed to do?  Has anyone had confirmation from Princess that this IS a requirement?  How are others meeting this?

4 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

I've just discovered that Princess require another Covid booster if our last one was more than 270 days before the cruise.  Here in the UK we cannot get another booster until later in the year so what are we supposed to do?  Has anyone had confirmation from Princess that this IS a requirement?  How are others meeting this?

Are you looking at a cruise out of the UK?  

We disembarked Royal Princess July 16th, did a 4 day Princess land tour and flew home July 20th.  

I tested negative in Anchorage Tuesday - just for reassurance.  Wednesday was 21 long travel hours. Sister became symptomatic Thursday and tested positive.  I tested negative again, as did both husbands.  I became symptomatic yesterday and tested positive. 

Both of us are on paxlovid, mild symptoms.  

We are all vaxxed and boosted.  Hubby and I are super boosted.  We masked when expected.  

Had a great time.  Will review when fully recovered. 

This is my view from my camper where I am exiled to protect Hubby.  I have privacy, A/C, TV and a bathroom and he brings me anything i want.  10 day quarantine?  BS...I'm milking this for a month.

20220723_145121.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

I don't know if I've been reading it wrong, but my understanding is that fully vaccinated is having received the two main jabs, and only one booster jab is required if the second of the main jabs is over 270 days ago.

Haven't seen anything to say that a second booster is required for UK passengers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jdacombe said:

I don't know if I've been reading it wrong, but my understanding is that fully vaccinated is having received the two main jabs, and only one booster jab is required if the second of the main jabs is over 270 days ago.

Haven't seen anything to say that a second booster is required for UK passengers.

Not sure about you guys in the UK but that is not stated for us in the States.

1 hour ago, Billish said:

As long as you have had a single booster, (in addition to the two part vaccination series) you are OK. It is very clear.  

I'm sure that it probably correct but 2 jabs + a booster could be considered 'a series' as it's 'the norm' here in the UK. So hardly a watertight legal definition and therefore ambiguous.

15 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

This is not the case.

You only need the two original vaccinations, plus one booster shot.

The 270 days relates to the last original vaccination, not the booster.

Most people will only ever need one booster. Only the vulnerable need more.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:32 PM, Fjord4Fun said:

Nope. The 270 days refers to the date of your SECOND shot. If you have had a booster, you are fine. 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:32 PM, Fjord4Fun said:

Here us the exact wording frim Princess:

For cruises departing the United Kingdom, to be considered "fully vaccinated", a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is required for all guests 18 years and older, if the last dose of the primary course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine series was received more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of embarkation.

On 7/23/2022 at 9:42 AM, Cruise Puss said:

I do not mean to butt in to this conversation, but I thought I would add that my Husband and I, and my Mother-in-Law, have just got off Enchanted in the UK and we all currently have Covid.

We have all had the original two vaccinations, plus one booster for myself and my Husband, and my Mother-in-Law has had two boosters.  My M-i-L hardly has any symptoms (she has had Covid previously) my Husband has had a few symptoms (slightly sore throat, loss of taste and more mucus in his head) I've had it the worst with 'bad cold' symptoms - coughing, sneezing, loss of taste, dry mouth, but no sore throat or headache).

Frankly it is a bad cold for most people and, as some sensible person has already said, it is a virus and will never go away.

Both P&O UK and Cunard have now said they do not need a certificate for passengers to get on board in the UK, and they only need a passenger to confirm verbally they have had a test.

Cruise companies are going to suffer terribly if they do not all change to this way of thinking.

If people wish to carry on testing themselves that is up to them, but most people simply want to get back to normal.

"but most people simply want to get back to normal. " 

Sadly, my 28 year old cousin won't ever get back to normal as he died within days of getting Covid. Your attitude is either very selfish or misinformed.  What is it that you do not understand about the fact that over 200,000 people have died of Covid in the UK alone.  Wearing a mask and testing is hardly onerous.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Billish said:

The elderly have already had a second booster, and a third booster is planned for this autumn (UK)

Which 'elderly' are those?  I know of no-one aged from 65 to 92 who have had a second booster. And no-one has one booked until October.

56 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

What is it that you do not understand about the fact that over 200,000 people have died of Covid in the UK alone. 

Actually, the number of excess deaths from March 2020 to December 2021 is 133,000. 

Still an unacceptable number, but if you want to make a point,  get your facts right.

56 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

Which 'elderly' are those?  I know of no-one aged from 65 to 92 who have had a second booster. And no-one has one booked until October.

Where shall I start ? My wife, my next door neighbours, the people across the street,  the chap in the pub. Shall I go on ?

On 7/23/2022 at 1:42 AM, Cruise Puss said:

That's 3 of the Carnival Corp lines loosening up!! (PO, POAU, & Cunard. Australia is self attestation only on PCL)

Adding: just figured out that I've spent more on the 4 tests than my last cruise!! (4 post covid cruises) Currently contesting the bill as my insurance says they'll cover it if and only if I can get the outside facility to bill on a drg format.  (Kaiser doesn't do the antigen & takes 5-7 days to get results out)

Going to the grocery store next time as they dropped their charge ant

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

That's 3 of the Carnival Corp lines loosening up!! (PO, POAU, & Cunard. Australia is self attestation only on PCL)

Adding: just figured out that I've spent more on the 4 tests than my last cruise!! (4 post covid cruises) Currently contesting the bill as my insurance says they'll cover it if and only if I can get the outside facility to bill on a drg format.  (Kaiser doesn't do the antigen & takes 5-7 days to get results out)

Going to the grocery store next time as they dropped their charge ant

Where is your Kaiser. Here in Oregon we have gotten all of our PCR results back in 24 to 36 hours