Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

Great news about the arrive can update. Just heard it will be updated on Monday. You will need to download the updated version 2.28 which will be released on Monday. 

Edited by RECPILOT
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RECPILOT said:

Great news about the arrive can update. Just heard it will be updated on Monday. You will need to download the updated version 2.28 which will be released on Monday. 

Yes, great new. On a different note I noticed on https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise  (updated) April 22, 2022 it states:

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

I could not find a place to upload test information to ArriveCan (for a fully vaccinated person)

Hopefully the new version will provide this capability. Or maybe the web page has the wrong information - who knows!

51 minutes ago, CdnCrooser said:

Yes, great new. On a different note I noticed on https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise  (updated) April 22, 2022 it states:

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

I could not find a place to upload test information to ArriveCan (for a fully vaccinated person)

Hopefully the new version will provide this capability. Or maybe the web page has the wrong information - who knows!

I had no problem last week just needed first 2 dates 

i was able to upload copies of my vaccination status to the ArriveCAN app. I can't remember now (after all, it's been more than a week!) if I was able to use the QRCODE results or if I had to upload pics of our vaccination cards. I'm thinking I used pics of the vaccination cards. It was easy in the app. I don't know if you can do it with the web version.

Edited by Thrak

5 hours ago, CdnCrooser said:

Or maybe the web page has the wrong information

Hello CdnCrooser,

Yes, I have commented on that page a few times that it is partially correct only even if it has the latest date.

It has two good examples, though, for the pre-embarkation testing before embarking on your cruise starting in Canada such as antigen, molecular (PCR), and previous positive molecular test.  And the Accepted type of tests.  That part is correct.

You cannot enter COVID tests in the ArriveCAN app because, if you recall, there is no pre-entry testing requirement for fully vaccinated travellers to enter Canada by air, land(rail), or water (marine vessel), effective April 1, 2022.  It is stated also in the ArriveCan app, once you set up your account, scan your passport and proof of vaccination, and do a dummy submission or two to play with it.  With a dummy submission, just use the departure dates available to you in the app at that time.

As you know, each country has their own pre-embarkation COVID testing requirements prior to embarking your cruise ship such as Canada, US, UK, countries in Europe, etc.  Go to the Princess FAQs and read the ones for Canada and US depending where you are starting your cruise.

Please do not confuse pre-entry testing requirements to enter Canada where there are none for fully vaccinated travellers, effective 1 April 2022, with pre-embarkation testing requirements prior to boarding your ship to start your cruise.

A few members have posted here they had no problems entering their proof of vaccination cards/papers into ArriveCAN. 

If you have the energy to read my longish version, it is on page 29, post #717, but disregard the information about quarantine as that is no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers (and others), effective 25 April 2022.

By the way, off topic, but it was great to see the GRAND Princess docked at Ogden point in Victoria today, 22 April 2022.  No wind today,

Here is the ArriveCAN help toll free phone number for Canada and US:  1-833-283-7403

ArriveCAN website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

ArriveCAN Help website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan/help.html#a2

Transport Canada Ship Safety Bulletin No. 18/21 (Modified April 1, 2022):

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-april-1-2022

• Like 3

I JUST received this in an e-mail. Can we say "waiting until the last minute"?!?! Please no, slamming... each adult makes their choices due to personal reasons. Due to our stop in Le Havre, our ship makes ONE stop in the EU. We are on a British Isles cruise. Now boosters are required. Princess just now posted and e-mailed this. Our ship departs in 16 days. Tomorrow is a Sunday and most pharmacies are not open.

IMPORTANT NOTICES
UPDATED VACCINATION AND BOOSTER REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR CRUISE
Please be advised that all guests 5 years of age and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and produce proof at the terminal prior to boarding the cruise. It must show that your final dose of an approved vaccine was received at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

As this voyage visits the European Union, pursuant to updated EU policies, a booster dose is required for guests 12 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days).

For updated health protocols for your voyage, please visit https://*****/pcl_ukfaq.

16 hours ago, CdnCrooser said:

Why do we have to submit this information if we are not getting off the ship in Canada?

15 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Why do we have to submit this information if we are not getting off the ship in Canada?

Once again it doesn’t matter if you get off the ship or not it is required to get on the ship. Just like all the inoculations I had to get for a cruise that stopped in Brazil

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Hello CdnCrooser,

Yes, I have commented on that page a few times that it is partially correct only even if it has the latest date.

It has two good examples, though, for the pre-embarkation testing before embarking on your cruise starting in Canada such as antigen, molecular (PCR), and previous positive molecular test.  And the Accepted type of tests.  That part is correct.

You cannot enter COVID tests in the ArriveCAN app because, if you recall, there is no pre-entry testing requirement for fully vaccinated travellers to enter Canada by air, land(rail), or water (marine vessel), effective April 1, 2022.  It is stated also in the ArriveCan app, once you set up your account, scan your passport and proof of vaccination, and do a dummy submission or two to play with it.  With a dummy submission, just use the departure dates available to you in the app at that time.

As you know, each country has their own pre-embarkation COVID testing requirements prior to embarking your cruise ship such as Canada, US, UK, countries in Europe, etc.  Go to the Princess FAQs and read the ones for Canada and US depending where you are starting your cruise.

Please do not confuse pre-entry testing requirements to enter Canada where there are none for fully vaccinated travellers, effective 1 April 2022, with pre-embarkation testing requirements prior to boarding your ship to start your cruise.

A few members have posted here they had no problems entering their proof of vaccination cards/papers into ArriveCAN. 

If you have the energy to read my longish version, it is on page 29, post #717, but disregard the information about quarantine as that is no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers (and others), effective 25 April 2022.

By the way, off topic, but it was great to see the GRAND Princess docked at Ogden point in Victoria today, 22 April 2022.  No wind today,

Here is the ArriveCAN help toll free phone number for Canada and US:  1-833-283-7403

ArriveCAN website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

ArriveCAN Help website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan/help.html#a2

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-april-1-2022

This is good news.  It appears that Canada does not require testing for fully vaccinated passengers on cruises that originate from Seattle.  Now it up to Princess to develop a more reasonable protocol, like show proof of vaccination or a negative test, but not both 🙂

17 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

And the US....please let us fully vaccinated US citizens fly HOME from Canada without having to test!

I pray that the powers that be hear you. Especially for our cruise ending May 21st in the UK. There is no logic. If you drive, take a bus or train or arrive via seaport, (or illegally over the border), then no testing is required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travelhound said:

This is good news.  It appears that Canada does not require testing for fully vaccinated passengers on cruises that originate from Seattle.  Now it up to Princess to develop a more reasonable protocol, like show proof of vaccination or a negative test, but not both 🙂

Vaccinated people can still get and spread covid so the test is one more thing to keep us all safe and cruising

• Like 1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

Vaccinated people can still get and spread covid so the test is one more thing to keep us all safe and cruising

That's a risk that we already take in daily life, often with no protocols.  That said, I do not believe that they should eliminate all protocols, just establish something more sustainable, like show proof of vaccination or a negative test, but not both.

14 hours ago, nini said:

I pray that the powers that be hear you. Especially for our cruise ending May 21st in the UK. There is no logic. If you drive, take a bus or train or arrive via seaport, (or illegally over the border), then no testing is required.

Yup, there has not been much logic with most of these ridiculous protocols.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:11 PM, Mike & Zen said:

Hello CdnCrooser,

ArriveCAN website:

ArriveCAN Help website:

Received this morning. Note address in STEP 8

20220424_074224.thumb.jpg.aacbe2e777f1aa69b0df74a4acd29952.jpg

• Thanks 1

This was published yesterday on "The Points Guy" website; the quarantine plan is now gone as of 4/25/2022

https://thepointsguy.com/news/more-covid-restrictions-end-canada/

Canada will remove some additional COVID-19 restrictions as the new week gets underway. Starting Monday, April 25, the Canadian government is relaxing testing requirements for unvaccinated children between the ages of 5 and 11, and removing requirements for fully vaccinated travelers to provide a quarantine plan upon entry. Canada is also easing some of its health protocols for visitors once they’re in the country.

Under the new changes, unvaccinated children between the ages of 5-11 can also skip the pre-entry COVID-19 test previously required, provided that they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or guardian. Children under the age of five do not face any of these requirements. All unvaccinated travelers over the age of 12 must submit a negative test result.

One requirement that remains in place for all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, is use of the ArriveCAN app, where travelers can enter personal information and travel plans. This is also where vaccinated travelers enter their vaccination data.

11 minutes ago, nini said:

??

When you complete ArriveCAN you get a qr code. Princess staff came through line & asked to see it. I was then given a card that said I passed. Screenshot_20220424-091652_Photos.thumb.jpg.a94eb235965cbb37c8064893905ab83d.jpg

3 couples ahead of me were given stickers instead as they had not completed it. There was 6 more times that everyone was asked. Each time they re-explained it to those 3 couples slowing me down, each time I held the card up and was waved through but AFTER them. I can only imagine what it would be like if dozens or hundreds were not cleared.  I got on in less than time than every before. But I was arrival group A and there shortly before 11am

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:28 PM, memoak said:

The problem is that the "Antigen" test is only 50% effective in detecting individuals with Covid.  

The PCR Test has too many false positives.

I am not sure as to who and why they arrived at the 48/72 hour time frame to have the test before one boards the ship.