First Celebrity Cruise - struggling to find info

Plaidlulu

We are booked on our first Celebrity Cruise and I am struggling to find information.  I find their website to be lacking information I found easily on other cruise line sites.  Maybe Disney Cruise Line spoiled me...I have called them and and after significant holds they refer me to my TA, which results into another call and long hold only for the TA to have to call celebrity.  I am certain there is a resource somewhere I have overlooked.  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate.  The biggest piece of information I am looking for is what is a safe time to book our return flights.  Our cruise is Seattle to Alaska.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Normal rule of thumb worldwide for comfortable timing when the airport is in close proximity is midday. Obviously if the airport is large you need to leave more time than if it is compact.

Some will say they have managed flights at 9am, 10am…The snag is when returning to a port a range of things can delay debarkation. On one of our cruises debarkation was delayed owing to a medical emergency and then the passport check was really sloooooow as they were short staffed. Many feel tempted to go for earlier flights (especially if it is the only direct route of the day) but you have to balance the time with stress levels. On cruises where we have arrived at airports with time to kill we have enjoyed a meal or leisurely drink, preferable in our mind to frantically running to gate!

If you want to aim for an earlier flight you can self disembark but this does mean carrying off your own luggage. 

14 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Do a mock Celebrity Air booking for your cruise.  It will only show flights Celebrity would use if you booked thru them---thus ensuring adequate transfer time.

Good way to judge! Never done this, makes a lot of sense…

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 1

OK- What exactly is your cruise.  Is it from Seattle to Alaska and then back to Seattle?  It also depends on how many flights to your home.  I hate hurrying so always do mid afternoon.

Your booked with a TA, correct?  No idea why they or you would need to call Celebrity. 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plaidlulu said:

We are booked on our first Celebrity Cruise and I am struggling to find information.  I find their website to be lacking information I found easily on other cruise line sites.  Maybe Disney Cruise Line spoiled me...I have called them and and after significant holds they refer me to my TA, which results into another call and long hold only for the TA to have to call celebrity.  I am certain there is a resource somewhere I have overlooked.  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate.  The biggest piece of information I am looking for is what is a safe time to book our return flights.  Our cruise is Seattle to Alaska.  Thanks in advance.

I can tell you a lot of flights back to east coast are mornings and evenings.

For Seattle, I would not book a flight before noon given traffic and security.  So, then you have to decide if you want to be around the airport most of the day for a later 9-11 pm flights.  For instance, I fly into Philadelphia and have spent 8 hours at the airport and no fun since most restaurants and shops are inside security and they used to have 3 hrs before flight check-in rule.

So, consider staying in town and getting a cab to airport around 7am for a later morning flight.

• Thanks 1

If you book through a travel agent, that is who handles  your questions about the cruise. Typically, the cruise line itself will not deal with you directly. The TA "owns" your booking.  So don't waste your time calling Celebrity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plaidlulu said:

That would depend on where you are flying out of on your return flight.  Is is SEA? 

If so, you should not purchase a flight that leaves before noon. 

Edited by tribbs1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Plaidlulu said:

Thank you. I had read about this service and definitely plan to use it as it will be a huge help!!

If you are going to use this service. Then you need to know the Port luggage service time for your flight not Celebrity's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Plaidlulu said:

Thank you for this suggestion. I did the mock quote for airfare and the earliest return offered is 11:50am, which goes will all the great advice of nothing before noon.   This is exactly what I needed. Thanks everyone!!

That sounds pretty good.

Unlike Fort Lauderdale or Miami, the Sea-Tac airport is NOT right around the corner from the cruise port, and Seattle traffic is notoriously bad.  The last thing you want to do is sweat things out on the highway on the way home. 

Public transportation does work, but that still will take you at least a good hour or so to get to the airport.

• Thanks 1