Feb. 2, 2022 Koningsdam Live Cruise Report, San Diego - Hawaii - San Diego

31 minutes ago, Hobie said:

Koningsdam is in Mazatlan today. 
Walk one mile from the ship,following the blue line in the street to get to the Historic Center.

D067D8FE-8586-4F28-900D-30FBCDFD53BF.thumb.jpeg.f2ed23d5d822b103d10f88c7ee94c38a.jpeg147A44D0-9FEE-427E-B227-CB2DC4F93D7E.thumb.jpeg.470de9e27def2b89a426f5b219fe2a76.jpegE27BE43C-3547-47EA-8EA6-125FC2F0FE94.thumb.jpeg.d99aceb4052ffbb5ab056064e8b3eaa9.jpeg104C6109-C4EE-4A16-8967-0CECD02CA3E6.thumb.jpeg.20d9e2557979f7c4f4642ea9eb88241d.jpegBF7E2073-DB86-4B86-A242-5ACC686574AB.thumb.jpeg.e7334d857e360f635288317ae296cb51.jpeg

Wish all foreign towns I visited had this.    Hope you treat yourself to a delicious shrimp lunch and cold Pacifico!

1 hour ago, Hobie said:

That’s exactly what I did!  
Pacifico is brewed here in Mazatlan. 

I remember the shrimp in Mazatlan being so fresh, so huge, so delicious; it's good to hear they are still as wonderful.

I've wanted to do the brewery tour on my previous visits to Mazatlan but somehow never got to it. 

Are there mask requirements or restrictions in the Mexican ports?

8 hours ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

Seeing a low snow level outside our window in Palm Springs!  Why did we get off in San Diego?

20B86357-A429-411E-B28A-D73F8EC31360.thumb.jpeg.f70b1591feed454644ee2b6e2cd1bb4f.jpeg

I'm not familiar with "snow level", assume it's the cloud formation? How did your weather turn out today?  

Can readily understand you wanting to be back on the Koningsdam.

Love the pool! 

1 hour ago, vinonme2 said:

I'm not familiar with "snow level", assume it's the cloud formation? How did your weather turn out today?  

Can readily understand you wanting to be back on the Koningsdam.

Love the pool! 

for those of us in the S.CA area, snow level refers to how low in will snow each evening, tonight it's just below 3000 ft.

That translates to currently freezing to death in Los Angeles... it's clear, gorgeous, windy as heck, but the clouds are gathering over the foothills. = very, very cold. 

5 hours ago, vinonme2 said:

I remember the shrimp in Mazatlan being so fresh, so huge, so delicious; it's good to hear they are still as wonderful.

I've wanted to do the brewery tour on my previous visits to Mazatlan but somehow never got to it. 

Are there mask requirements or restrictions in the Mexican ports?

Mask required when inside but can be removed while eating and drinking. 

I am on Koningsdam in April from Vancouver to Hawaii and back. Someone has asked on our FB page:

“what does a woman pack & wear for this many days”?

I’ve done a similar itinerary a few times so have some ideas but I thought someone from this sailing might provide some wisdom of what they brought, what they shouldn’t have bothered bringing, and what they wished they’d brought, including shoes? I know we’re all different but it will be helpful to hear some ideas! TIA!

Edited by kluv2cruz

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

for those of us in the S.CA area, snow level refers to how low in will snow each evening, tonight it's just below 3000 ft.

That translates to currently freezing to death in Los Angeles... it's clear, gorgeous, windy as heck, but the clouds are gathering over the foothills. = very, very cold. 

That's very interesting, thank you.  I think of you area as being warm all the time. 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:58 PM, Newly Retired Teachers said:

E90F639E-CE03-49D2-8ABF-41EB79D9B9BC.thumb.jpeg.572ff3691dad8a47898c88aed85068c5.jpeg

Impressed by the amount of weight they will hold too!

I like  the  look  of  those  hooks. Can  you  tell  me  where I can  buy  them.

Thanks Jim.

37 minutes ago, irishjim said:

I like  the  look  of  those  hooks. Can  you  tell  me  where I can  buy  them.

Thanks Jim.

Explained back on post #156.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, leerathje said:

Did anyone on this cruise continue on to Mexico?  Do you know who the Mexican Ambassador is on board?

L.

There were over 400 of us who stayed on board for Mexico.

As far as I know, there is no Mexican Ambassador on this cruise, but we have enjoyed ideal weather and I will post a few more photos later today.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:43 PM, kluv2cruz said:

I am on Koningsdam in April from Vancouver to Hawaii and back. Someone has asked on our FB page:

“what does a woman pack & wear for this many days”?

I’ve done a similar itinerary a few times so have some ideas but I thought someone from this sailing might provide some wisdom of what they brought, what they shouldn’t have bothered bringing, and what they wished they’d brought, including shoes? I know we’re all different but it will be helpful to hear some ideas! TIA!

I should have brought a white or beige sweater that would be worn with everything.  Could have used it for sure those first few days leaving West Coast and returning (cooler waters and weather) and also the ship is quite cold.  Comfortable shoes important in every port, also for walking the deck or just forward to aft (it's a long ship).  I think there were three Gala nights so another dressy top to got with black dress slacks would have been nice have too.  

This is the cruise for bright colors and floral prints!

• Like 4