Chef's table covid protocols

Smhp

I know as of December on Oasis (saw someone's ship tour video on YouTube) - the Chef's table room within the Solarium Bistro area was set up with just 8 chairs spaced pretty far apart.  They used to have double that at Chef's Table dinners we've gone to in the past.  I've attached a photo showing 8 chairs. 

We have scheduled Chef's Table on Day 3 of our next cruise on Oasis on March 6th.  I'm hoping there's still just 8 or less people! 

Chef's Table when empty.jpg

Edited by moonltnite

2 hours ago, Smhp said:

Has anyone done Chef's table recently? Are they booking less than capacity or spreading groups out?

We did Chef's Table NYE on the Jewel.   We were only 9, instead of 16.  It was a great evening.  Btw on Jewel it's a private room, the former card room.  Left about 11 pm so a really special evening. 

We did Chef's Table in October on Oasis.  There were 8 of us and as the photo posted above shows, there was ample spacing between everyone.  It was really nice not being squished in with 14 others lol!

2 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

On Navigator in December there were 10 of us at a round table.  No distancing.  

Great time though

Also on Navigator last week. Had a direct view of Chefs table from our MDR table on deck 4. It was full two nights with no spacing and chefs showing up at the table with no mask. 

We were on the Serenade in September.  No social distance and no masks.  8 at the table.  Kind of disappointed.  We took the Serenade in February 2020 and did the Chefs table.  I guess I should have checked but had  the exact menu on both cruises.  But then again we avail ourselves for the chefs table as much as we can.  Its fun and delicious.  Plus the dining companions are the best!

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Also on Navigator last week. Had a direct view of Chefs table from our MDR table on deck 4. It was full two nights with no spacing and chefs showing up at the table with no mask. 

That's pretty bad - the chefs without a mask! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moonltnite said:

I know as of December on Oasis (saw someone's ship tour video on YouTube) - the Chef's table room within the Solarium Bistro area was set up with just 8 chairs spaced pretty far apart.  They used to have double that at Chef's Table dinners we've gone to in the past.  I've attached a photo showing 8 chairs. 

We have scheduled Chef's Table on Day 3 of our next cruise on Oasis on March 6th.  I'm hoping there's still just 8 or less people! 

Chef's Table when empty.jpg

CT on Oasis used to be in the CK area if I’m not mistaken.  Interesting change.  

17 hours ago, death_star said:

We did it on Brillance last month and there were 3 parties spaced from one another in the huge room.  We were also distant from the ends of the table where the presenters were. 

18 hours ago, moonltnite said:

That's pretty bad - the chefs without a mask! 

The chef doesn’t cook in front of you so why the concern about a mask considering he has to discuss the menu with you and answer questions.

2 hours ago, later said:

The poster that said the chef didn't have a mask - talked about it at their table - not in the kitchen.  Just as the servers at all the restaurants and MDR should have masks on, they should, too.  It's only the Navigator that someone saw this on.  I'm guessing you are in a state that doesn't have a mask mandate.

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Yes. We are cruising Star Class and our genie sent us a tentative dining schedule and  Chefs Table wasn't listed. I'm waiting for his reply to see if it is offered.

Did you look on the app to see if it's listed?