Odyssey of the Seas Jan. 15, 2022 - Not Live Recap

twangster

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

From a recent sea day when they raised the projection screen and sun shade in Two70.  I missed the projection screen going up but here is the sun shade going up in double time.

Wow, its quite big there, however, I dont see many people there hanging around. Are they just testing it out? Also, I doubt you can have a full meal sitting by that small table over there. Only drinks and snacks at maximum. I wonder if it was free of charge 

49 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Wow, its quite big there, however, I dont see many people there hanging around. Are they just testing it out? Also, I doubt you can have a full meal sitting by that small table over there. Only drinks and snacks at maximum. I wonder if it was free of charge 

During the day the venue is open for the most part.  During the top tier event they had the Vistarama screens lowered and displayed things like the virtual fleet. After that they opened the screens for the wake views.  

Cafe270 is open for breakfast and lunch with grab and go items.  It’s not a WJ buffet or full service dining venue.  Typically Cafe270 closes before dinner.  In the evenings Two70 is an entertainment venue.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

What is this event?

In lieu of the backstage tours normally offered pre-pandemic they are offering this event.  The backstage tours were only open to higher levels of the C&A program so accordingly this replacement event is Diamond and higher. 

Select cast and backstage crew talk about their careers and guests can ask questions.  

• Thanks 1

From the entertainment up close and personal event.  

The lead musical coordinator over all music on board, a dancer from the main theater, back stage production manager and the lead character from The Book

D3CEA35F-234D-484C-B195-84C1DB72EEAC.thumb.jpeg.7d5886df1b7b06925e04b08fcf7c3e4f.jpeg

Each person introduced themselves and talked their role and prior experience on other ships.  Many have been on since April in Cyprus.  Some cast are nearing their contract end.  

They played a video that highlighted the Miami entertainment studios that are closed right now.  

F943F41B-E874-469B-AF54-B2221AE9E941.thumb.jpeg.af0ac76420adee4e1b6d3c2f3fac75e2.jpeg

Just a lot of good information about how things work on board, what it’s been like for the cast and crew through the restart and other information about Royal Caribbean Entertainment.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

In lieu of the backstage tours normally offered pre-pandemic they are offering this event.  The backstage tours were only open to higher levels of the C&A program so accordingly this replacement event is Diamond and higher. 

Select cast and backstage crew talk about their careers and guests can ask questions.  

So basically it's like the old Q &A  with the captain but combined.

Twangster,

Once again, thank you for taking us on such an awesome photo and video filled cruise.  You've given us alot of great insight and things to make sure we make the most out of our upcoming sailing.

Have a great next (how many more did you book these last 2 weeks?) cruise.

Hope to sail with you again some day

Erika

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birdylady said:

Twangster,

Once again, thank you for taking us on such an awesome photo and video filled cruise.  You've given us alot of great insight and things to make sure we make the most out of our upcoming sailing.

Have a great next (how many more did you book these last 2 weeks?) cruise.

Hope to sail with you again some day

Erika

Great review. Can’t wait to board in a few hours. Looking at her from my room at embassy suites as I text

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Usually at midnight once or twice a cruise. 

9199D519-82B6-4144-AC18-4FD6401E6E30.thumb.png.0edff5a155b4912a8b55cbac8fed3c43.png

Thank you for your response and for your review. Hope you had a wonderful time. I’m trying to decide between the Odyssey and the Edge right now. I love fireworks and this may be a swaying point! 

• Haha 1