New Grounds Coffee Package

philv

Verified again on the coffee card being discounted and read the notification from Princess corp that it will no longer be available.  Again they may have reversed that decision but they gave us credit for not being able to use them next week.  Also appears to be no changes to swapping out items on the mini-bar.

If Shelly can let me know what ship she is on, we can have the two PSM determine what is the true story.

55 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

Verified again on the coffee card being discounted and read the notification from Princess corp that it will no longer be available.  Again they may have reversed that decision but they gave us credit for not being able to use them next week.  Also appears to be no changes to swapping out items on the mini-bar.

If Shelly can let me know what ship she is on, we can have the two PSM determine what is the true story.

So you got a credit back for next week for the 15 coffee package? $36.58 per package?  As OBC?

How are there NO changes switching out mini bar for the coffee package, if they discontinued it?  TIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gullgeorge said:

Did you get a notification from Princess Corp in your cabin?

TIA

I just asked my pvp about trading the minibar and this is her answer:

The mini bar setup can be switched to the 2 following options.

1. Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
2. Alternate mini-bar setup consists of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water. 

28 minutes ago, pompeii said:

1. Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Thats it??? Not even a bottle of wine?

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I wondered that too.  I didn’t specifically asked for only non-alcohol options but I’ve mentioned that we don’t drink so she may have only sent the those. I’ll ask her. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Doesn’t sound right.  I think the only way we’ll know, is IF the ever update the beverage packages on the website and update the Elite benefits.

Even the ships are not doing or saying the same thing yet.  Once headquarters tells them what to do on the ships, maybe we will start to get answers. 

It is frustrating when you don’t know and you are trying to plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I drink maybe a glass of wine now & then but normally go a month without. If I can trade for a bottle then I won't carry on. 

Your friend can check tmrw. Are you taking the same ship?  I’m trying to find out on the Enchanted, what they are doing next week? 😳

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I drink maybe a glass of wine now & then but normally go a month without. If I can trade for a bottle then I won't carry on. 

The bottle of wine that you can exchange for is pretty sad.  For the "value" of the mini-bar, you will be given credit for one of their low end wines.  You can "always" upgrade...for $$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Your friend can check tmrw. Are you taking the same ship?  I’m trying to find out on the Enchanted, what they are doing next week? 😳

Texting him now. 

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The bottle of wine that you can exchange for is pretty sad.  For the "value" of the mini-bar, you will be given credit for one of their low end wines.  You can "always" upgrade...for $$

Asking if Charles & Charles Rose is an option

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, pompeii said:

25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Okay, update from my pvp:

Yes you can swap it for one bottle of wine valued at $40.

Kind Regards,
K——

Edited by pompeii
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Okay, update from my pvp:

Yes you can swap it for one bottle of wine valued at $40.

Kind Regards,
K——

THANK YOU!! not carrying on then. So I won't need to check luggage.  

FWIW I looked at what I paid per  week ÷ 7 and that was 256 day in outside room. I'm now paying less than that for a balcony. So I guess CCL has to get it somewhere .... if not in room charge then amenities. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You mean just pay whatever it is over the $40?

Edited by PacnGoNow

For next week we swapped out mini-bar and got all of one liquor, 5 cokes and 5 bottles of water. Not sure what all the options you have.

Received a $50 credit for one coffee card.  The other card stopped working midweek, and they have been removing the charges each day.

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

I would say this is false in number 1.  You CAN do #1, but you can also exchange like-for-like and get different alcohol or non-alcohol choices (there are 10 of each).

4 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

For next week we swapped out mini-bar and got all of one liquor, 5 cokes and 5 bottles of water. Not sure what all the options you have.

Received a $50 credit for one coffee card.  The other card stopped working midweek, and they have been removing the charges each day.

So, no more coffee cards starting this next week (tmrw for you)?
They are just crediting people who already bought the coffee cards? 
Was it an OBC?

Did they say if you could switch for

1 bottle of wine? Up to $40?

Really appreciate your answers.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, gullgeorge said:

This is the sort of decision that’s made when young ambitious bean counters are running amock at a business that has no true leader at the helm. As Monk would say: “Heres what happened…”

When first proposed by someone in a breakout session a coworker immediately labels it genius. A hand vote is quickly taken resulting in unanimous support. Karen begins capturing actions, displaying them on the large screen on the wall. Group think comes through again!

Everyone hurries from the conference room giddy over having just accomplished something so significant and ensuring the survival of the company. In the office break room they celebrate with a frappe as a volunteer is chosen to nominate the team for its latest significant cost saving measure. Karen giggles and exclaims: “Let them eat cake!” Laughter ensues. 

All that’s left is to name their team for the pending award plaque…..  

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

The only problem the team now has is deciding which one gets the primo employee of the month parking space this time. 

I nominate Helen Waite.  That’s who they’re always telling me to go to with my issues. 🙄

• Haha 3