Complimentary specialty dining

stefndoug

19 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

The answer is “it depends”.  The App was updated to allow you to make reservations in advance and use your free dining credit. The issue is that the option seems to be available for some cruises/ devices but not in others.  If your device has the update you will see the credit when you make your reservation. 

2FD989BA-2EF2-4BF0-B607-FAD197EFD262.thumb.jpeg.629b72904bd7de36a8f5db8221c05697.jpeg

I suspect the challenge in this may go beyond having a certain update....because it worked for me in November and not in January.  I just keep checking.  I like the app but it does have a mind of its own sometimes....

21 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Yes for some reason it still seems to be hit or miss. 

Or in my case, hit and miss. 

We are a group of 8 and I successfully made reservations for a table for 8 in Sabatinis using our specialty dining promos back in September.  As others have described, the total charges appeared followed by the credit for a total of $0.

Then last month I went to change the reservation to a different night. No tables for 8 in Sabatinis at any time so I switched to Crown Grill, some of the promos processed correctly, one not at all and the amount to be charged to my credit card doesn't tie back.  After 1 hour and 45 minutes on the chat line during which the CSR said they were consulting the Medallion team, she finally gave up and said, wait until you are on board.  I'm not happy about it (trying to get a table for 8 at a reasonable time - there are 2 kids in our party - might be challenging) and will try periodically between now and July 2 to do so.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Same with me...i can see my dining credit but it won't let me "confirm booking"

I cannot say if I would be stopped at "Confirm Booking" as I have always aborted the process at that point.  Not looking to make a res now.  I suppose I could try and cancel after.  

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I cannot say if I would be stopped at "Confirm Booking" as I have always aborted the process at that point.  Not looking to make a res now.  I suppose I could try and cancel after.  

I want to make a reservation, so I have tried.  Maybe it is because I haven't made my final payment yet, so once that happens, then I will try again and if it doesn't work then, I will phone.

2 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Maybe it is because I haven't made my final payment yet, so once that happens, then I will try again and if it doesn't work then, I will phone.

Hopefully that works for you because I’ve made final payment & are less than 2 months from sailing & unable to use our complimentary dinner credit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully that works for you because I’ve made final payment & are less than 2 months from sailing & unable to use our complimentary dinner credit.

So frustrating for sure.  Hope you get it worked out.

• Thanks 1

I finally got it to work with the help of a Princess agent.  I had to add my credit card info into the pay area even though I didn't need to pay for anything.  Once that was entered, then the credits showed up and I was able to make a reservation with zero dollars to pay 🙂