Complimentary specialty dining

stefndoug

I got a complimentary specialty dining for 1 night (or afternoon I assume) for my booking.  Do I have to wait to reserve this onboard, or is there a way to do this ahead of time.  I did a search here but couldn't find an answer.  I looked on the Medallion app (boy I hate this app) but couldn't find anything there either.  

Thanks for any help,

Stefani

The answer is “it depends”.  The App was updated to allow you to make reservations in advance and use your free dining credit. The issue is that the option seems to be available for some cruises/ devices but not in others.  If your device has the update you will see the credit when you make your reservation. 

2FD989BA-2EF2-4BF0-B607-FAD197EFD262.thumb.jpeg.629b72904bd7de36a8f5db8221c05697.jpeg

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

The answer is “it depends”.  The App was updated to allow you to make reservations in advance and use your free dining credit. The issue is that the option seems to be available for some cruises/ devices but not in others.  If your device has the update you will see the credit when you make your reservation. 

2FD989BA-2EF2-4BF0-B607-FAD197EFD262.thumb.jpeg.629b72904bd7de36a8f5db8221c05697.jpeg

i just reinstalled the app yesterday...i will go look.

I also have a complimentary specialty dinner however on the app it does not recognize it & requires payment to pre-reserve a time. Previously would receive a card in the cabin on embarkation day with instructions on how to make a reservation. It was never a problem making a reservation however with so many offers now including a free dinner it’ll likely be busier at the specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I have the app’s latest update & the latest iOS update for Apple devices but as you wrote “it depends” and requires credit card payment for my cruise in less than 2 months.

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I have the app’s latest update & the latest iOS update for Apple devices but as you wrote “it depends” and requires credit card payment for my cruise in less than 2 months.

Yes for some reason it still seems to be hit or miss. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I see the credits at least now...just can't reserve...won't let me click "confirm reservation".  Oh well...at least it is one step closer LOL

In the past, I have been able to make reservations on the Grand Princess using a complimentary offer before boarding the ship.  Log in, go to DMW, choose date/time.  Charge will show up, but if you scroll down, you will see an offset credit with a balance of zero.

But...Suite complimentary dinners can not be booked until you arrive on the ship.

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

In the past, I have been able to make reservations on the Grand Princess using a complimentary offer before boarding the ship.  Log in, go to DMW, choose date/time.  Charge will show up, but if you scroll down, you will see an offset credit with a balance of zero.

But...Suite complimentary dinners can not be booked until you arrive on the ship.

Tried that procedure numerous…no credit for my cruise.

56 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Tried that procedure numerous…no credit for my cruise.

Hmmmm.  I do see credit when I go to Princess.com under "onboard services".  Then I go to the Medallion Class app and do the work.  Must be because I'm on a "GRANDer" ship than you....lol.  See, newer isn't always better.

credit.thumb.jpeg.d1a3748ac86d888743b8eb7383f0ec3e.jpeg

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WendyD said:

I received the one free specialty dining as part of my package.  I was able to reserve one night at the Crown Grill  through the Medallion app,  when I checked out the total amount due was zero.  

i will keep trying.  Thanks

• Like 1

I am still seeing same behavior I have seen all of January.  DMW sometimes recognizes our credits and sometimes not.  This is for a B2B2B.  In some segments, we have no recognition.  In one we have a single credit applied.  When book it with us and our friends (4 total), it recognizes all of our credits - unless it is "stealing" two more of theirs from a different segment of the B2B2B.  Who knows?

On another single voyage, we have zero recognition of credits, which is true.  When I make a booking with our friends on this voyage, DMW is giving 3 credits.  Go figure that one since our friends do have credits, but not us.  Where does the mystery third one come from?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, newistcruiseaddict said:

Yeah I'm having no luck booking in advance.

Does anyone know if I will be able to see the entire week menu for the main dining once on board to better decide what night to do the specialty dining? 

No, you can go onto the TV and see the menus for that day but not the entire voyage. 

55 minutes ago, newistcruiseaddict said:

Yeah I'm having no luck booking in advance.

Does anyone know if I will be able to see the entire week menu for the main dining once on board to better decide what night to do the specialty dining? 

Ask your waiter or the head waiter as soon as you get into an open MDR. 

If you're in a suite, just ask your steward.

5 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Dine My Way is broken on the app and just shows a pale green screen LOADING...

11 hours ago, stefndoug said:

I got a complimentary specialty dining for 1 night (or afternoon I assume) for my booking.  Do I have to wait to reserve this onboard, or is there a way to do this ahead of time.  I did a search here but couldn't find an answer.  I looked on the Medallion app (boy I hate this app) but couldn't find anything there either.  

Thanks for any help,

Stefani

I had a free dinner and on the first night go to the restaurant you want and make a reservation, I was told they pre assigned me to the French restaurant which I didn’t want so they changed it to the steakhouse.

• Like 1

I had one for Dec. and Jan. (did b2b's) I just did it in the cabin,

not even on the first day.

There's a card in room saying you have a free dinner.

Went on the TV, pick the place I wanted, the time, it was done.

No problem especially with ships sailing half full.

• Like 2