O website having issues

Flatbush Flyer

Though it may now be better(?), the O website had a variety of issues today including not showing currently booked cruises in your account AND not showing your O Club info (e.g., past cruises and current O Club level). I spoke with one of my regular contacts at O and they are aware of the issue.

In fact, on the regular O website, there was a screen message that stuff like “edit profile” is currently not functioning. 

24 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Though it may now be better(?), the O website had a variety of issues today including not showing currently booked cruises in your account AND not showing your O Club info (e.g., past cruises and current O Club level). I spoke with one of my regular contacts at O and they are aware of the issue.

In fact, on the regular O website, there was a screen message that stuff like “edit profile” is currently not functioning. 

Why don't you ask them to post a message about the regular Saturday issues?

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Why don't you ask them to post a message about the regular Saturday issues?

I have asked on numerous occasions. Perhaps Jan can mention it to her contacts.

I’d like to think that the “not available” message folks can see now (when they go to “Edit Profile”) was a result of my asking nicely this morning. But, how it got there is not as important as is it actually being there.

14 minutes ago, NCollierville said:

First with Oceania...  This morning I'm unable to upgrade our drink package at online check-in.  Should I upgrade prior to boarding February 26 or just wait until on board?

Thanks for any info.

I do not think you can upgrade  from the House Select  until you are onboard

someone will correct me if I am wrong

47 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I do not think you can upgrade  from the House Select  until you are onboard

someone will correct me if I am wrong

Yes- in my experience, that’s the way it’s done. You go to one of the wine steward displays at embarkation and they’ll give you a handwritten “invoice” which you take to Guest Relations where your room key will be reissued with the correct notation for “prestige” (can’t remember the new letters on the card).

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes- in my experience, that’s the way it’s done. You go to one of the wine steward displays at embarkation and they’ll give you a handwritten “invoice” which you take to Guest Relations where your room key will be reissued with the correct notation for “prestige” (can’t remember the new letters on the card).

BIB

On 2/5/2022 at 10:07 AM, NCollierville said:

First with Oceania...  This morning I'm unable to upgrade our drink package at online check-in.  Should I upgrade prior to boarding February 26 or just wait until on board?

Thanks for any info.

Guess you didn't know.
You are able to bring your own on board - say a bottle of bourbon.
Also if you stop @island, pick something up and bring to your cabin.
They treat you like adults; enjoy your 1st cruise on Oceania.
It's absolutely our favorite. You'll see why.
Barbara 🙂

On 2/5/2022 at 11:14 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

And I've never understood this.  Why can't I upgrade before boarding so our keycards are right the first time, and I don't have to take up my time, and their time, getting what I know I will purchase?

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

And I've never understood this.  Why can't I upgrade before boarding so our keycards are right the first time, and I don't have to take up my time, and their time, getting what I know I will purchase?

Not exactly sure of the reasoning for “onboard upgrade” only (though you may be able to call O for upgrade). However, it makes sense for O to require you to visit with a wine steward (to upgrade) once onboard - since they will try to upsell you to bottle purchases, 7 bottle program, wine tasting events.....

44 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not exactly sure of the reasoning for “onboard upgrade” only (though you may be able to call O for upgrade). However, it makes sense for O to require you to visit with a wine steward (to upgrade) once onboard - since they will try to upsell you to bottle purchases, 7 bottle program, wine tasting events.....

When we board, DH goes to reception, upgrades and is handed new cards and then meets me at Waves or Terrace.......takes 5 minutes.   Also, depending upon the itinerary, we wait until later in the cruise to upgrade since O allows you to upgrade later in the cruise and both people in a cabin do not have to upgrade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, basor said:

When we board, DH goes to reception, upgrades and is handed new cards and then meets me at Waves or Terrace.......takes 5 minutes.   Also, depending upon the itinerary, we wait until later in the cruise to upgrade since O allows you to upgrade later in the cruise and both people in a cabin do not have to upgrade

Along with this, note that, if you are on a multi-segment cruise, you can buy upgrades per segment.

• Thanks 1